Notices

Ralliart & Evo X MR TC-SST Beta Testing. Flash with Tactrix

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a 2013 ralliart my 14 and will be attempting this on the weekend, i went through the guide and everything seems do-able

only thing i cannot see is how to revert to stock is it possible? if yes how so?

if not i guess i wont be doing this
Old Jul 6, 2014, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

It is. You just have to replace the last step in the .fl file with the one that'll be flashed to the ROM when you do the s-sport L/C flash.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vaqusis
There is a teach in order for the flash on the transmission. Treat it just like you would a new clutch basket being replaced.

What is the correct order for the teach in? Could you list it here so it's easy for people to find who used this thread for the flash? Maybe add it to the first post. Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2014, 06:10 AM

I've attempted to follow the instructions, I must've screwed up along the way - hopefully something simple that I overlooked...

MY2009 RA, but I discovered it had 2010 programming - it was exactly the same as given in the example in the PDF guide:

ECU Part No. 8631A860
S/W Part No. 8631A8600B

When I attempted to flash 8631B001.cff (Evo X for 2010) it froze for a solid 40 minutes plus at 72%. It just hung there, at first I was afraid to do anything so I just let it go... but it was sucking CPU resources at 100% and subsequently draining battery power at a quick rate. I eventually decided to switch off the engine and unplug the tactrix cable.... at the risk of having a non-functioning TCU/gearbox/car. I tried flashing again, and then it hung at 1% and didn't budge (25 minutes), so I switched off again, this time selected PassthruCAN reader option - and noticed my vehicle VIN field was showing as 'invalid'. The ECU and S/W part no.s were still present.

I had to revert back to 8631B002.cff (the RA std TCU) and it worked - thankfully. But no S-Sport for me...
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It sounds like your vehicle suffered an ETACS timeout.
Did you verify that there were no check engines lights on the vehicle. Bricking the TCU is very difficult because you don't have access to the bootloader portion of the Tricore CPU.
I had the same issue one time only to realize it was my USB port that was messed up on my laptop.

Originally Posted by Onyx1607
I've attempted to follow the instructions, I must've screwed up along the way - hopefully something simple that I overlooked...

MY2009 RA, but I discovered it had 2010 programming - it was exactly the same as given in the example in the PDF guide:

ECU Part No. 8631A860
S/W Part No. 8631A8600B

When I attempted to flash 8631B001.cff (Evo X for 2010) it froze for a solid 40 minutes plus at 72%. It just hung there, at first I was afraid to do anything so I just let it go... but it was sucking CPU resources at 100% and subsequently draining battery power at a quick rate. I eventually decided to switch off the engine and unplug the tactrix cable.... at the risk of having a non-functioning TCU/gearbox/car. I tried flashing again, and then it hung at 1% and didn't budge (25 minutes), so I switched off again, this time selected PassthruCAN reader option - and noticed my vehicle VIN field was showing as 'invalid'. The ECU and S/W part no.s were still present.

I had to revert back to 8631B002.cff (the RA std TCU) and it worked - thankfully. But no S-Sport for me...
Old Jul 7, 2014, 02:40 PM

It sounds like your vehicle suffered an ETACS timeout.
Did you verify that there were no check engines lights on the vehicle. Bricking the TCU is very difficult because you don't have access to the bootloader portion of the Tricore CPU.
I had the same issue one time only to realize it was my USB port that was messed up on my laptop.
The 2nd time perhaps, I don't recall consciously clearing DTCs in ecuflash inbetween.
I'm going to try again, from new. Delete all files and re-download them, try a diff USB port.
Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rralliart09
What is the correct order for the teach in? Could you list it here so it's easy for people to find who used this thread for the flash? Maybe add it to the first post. Thanks

ello?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rralliart09
ello?
directions for teach in are written in the manual

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4WZ...T0E/edit?pli=1
Old Jul 8, 2014, 04:27 AM

Try a battery charger on the car, I do a lot of flashing of different vehicles and low voltage is a common issue.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 09:45 PM

Thanks Vaqusis!

I will be downgrading my Evo TCU from 2011 to 2009 to see if I can get rid of the Slip....will update with the results
Old Jul 9, 2014, 09:09 PM

Guys I have a quick question, I installed it on a 64bit Win7 and it went into the

C:\Program Files (x86)

Is that correct? coz i followed the steps to the dot

Last edited by Nawawe; Jul 10, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nawawe
Guys I have a quick question, I installed it on a 64bit Win7 and it went into the

That should be fine, it's most likely a 32bit application.

If you were running 32bit Win7 instead, you would see it end up in "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)"
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The software can't find the flash files unless it's in the C:\Program Files folder.

You can get around that by coping C:\Program Files (x86)\PassThruCAN to C:\Program Files\PassThruCAN and make sure both sets of folders have the same files. That's why I included the registry changes to hard code it to C:\Program Files

Originally Posted by Nawawe

Old Jul 11, 2014, 07:03 AM

Thanks worked Like a charm, will update with results and findings

BTW is there any difference between 2009 and 2010 Evo softwares?

The software can't find the flash files unless it's in the C:\Program Files folder.

You can get around that by coping C:\Program Files (x86)\PassThruCAN to C:\Program Files\PassThruCAN and make sure both sets of folders have the same files. That's why I included the registry changes to hard code it to C:\Program Files
Old Jul 11, 2014, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone else getting the "rev hunt" at 45mph in 6th gear? Is there possibly a way to correct it or should I just drive faster?

Quick Reply: Ralliart & Evo X MR TC-SST Beta Testing. Flash with Tactrix