Notices

Turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo upgrade

Hi guys I have a '09 Ralliart and im possibly looking at doing a turbo upgrade to a Evo x turbo. Im not entirely knowledgeable on it but im wondering what all I would need to upgrade. I know I would need to upgrade my clutch but I heard that the X turbo has the same fitting as the RA turbo so I could keep the RA manifold? But would everything else fit on it? and would I need to possibly upgrade anything else?Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2015, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spencer2362
Hi guys I have a '09 Ralliart and im possibly looking at doing a turbo upgrade to a Evo x turbo. Im not entirely knowledgeable on it but im wondering what all I would need to upgrade. I know I would need to upgrade my clutch but I heard that the X turbo has the same fitting as the RA turbo so I could keep the RA manifold? But would everything else fit on it? and would I need to possibly upgrade anything else?Thanks

Hey man,
So I just completed a bigger turbo build. This thread here was incredibly useful in guiding me in the right direction.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...arts-list.html

Your clutch on the ralliart should be fine. I have an 11 so 09+ is good to go there. The manifold is not the same and you will be needing a new one.

Also I went with this kit provided by MAPerformance, it takes care of all your turbo hard lines bolts gaskets, etc....... its a little bit cheaper then going to oemmitsubishiparts.com as well

http://www.maperformance.com/map-mit...-swap-kit.html

So thats just on the turbo side of the house. I would recommend updating your air intake in some shape or form as well.
We also have our battery in our engine bay and depending on the intake you go with you might need to move your battery. I did a full write up on my relocation on clubralliart.com ill provide you with a link here.

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.p...ery+relocation

Once your good on all that side. Youre going to have to run a bigger intercooler, pipes, and a better bov cuz ours is made out of ****ty plastic.
All of these parts can be bought used off of an evo guy for relatively cheap.
So you would want the Evo X intercooler, Blow off valve, Upper intercooler pipe, Lower intercooler pipe.

Also running the bigger turbo youre going to need better fuel injectors and a better fuel pump and also run a colder spark plug the evo guys are 1 step colder then our plugs are.

All in all if you need to do all the work (like you currently have zero upgrades) youre looking at right around 5grand or so.

Dont forget to find a good tuner as well XD.

Goodluck I hope this helps you out a little bit.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Good info. Just one thing...

Originally Posted by The4sakenone
Also running the bigger turbo youre going to need better fuel injectors and a better fuel pump
For swapping out the Ralliart's TD04 for an Evolution X TD05, an injector+pump upgrade isn't a requirement.

Rich
Old Sep 18, 2015, 06:16 AM

Hey man,
So I just completed a bigger turbo build. This thread here was incredibly useful in guiding me in the right direction.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...arts-list.html

Your clutch on the ralliart should be fine. I have an 11 so 09+ is good to go there. The manifold is not the same and you will be needing a new one.

Also I went with this kit provided by MAPerformance, it takes care of all your turbo hard lines bolts gaskets, etc....... its a little bit cheaper then going to oemmitsubishiparts.com as well

http://www.maperformance.com/map-mit...-swap-kit.html

So thats just on the turbo side of the house. I would recommend updating your air intake in some shape or form as well.
We also have our battery in our engine bay and depending on the intake you go with you might need to move your battery. I did a full write up on my relocation on clubralliart.com ill provide you with a link here.

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.p...ery+relocation

Once your good on all that side. Youre going to have to run a bigger intercooler, pipes, and a better bov cuz ours is made out of ****ty plastic.
All of these parts can be bought used off of an evo guy for relatively cheap.
So you would want the Evo X intercooler, Blow off valve, Upper intercooler pipe, Lower intercooler pipe.

Also running the bigger turbo youre going to need better fuel injectors and a better fuel pump and also run a colder spark plug the evo guys are 1 step colder then our plugs are.

All in all if you need to do all the work (like you currently have zero upgrades) youre looking at right around 5grand or so.

Dont forget to find a good tuner as well XD.

Goodluck I hope this helps you out a little bit.
Thanks a lot
Old Sep 18, 2015, 07:08 AM

No worries, goodluck
Old Sep 19, 2015, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

If you do all the work yourself and pay for someone to tune the car, you can buy used Evo X parts to reduce this amount closer to the $3K range.

Also, read up on Evoscan, EcuFlash, and Cobb AccessPort to figure out which way you want to go, especially if you have a TC-SST.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by w8less1der
If you do all the work yourself and pay for someone to tune the car, you can buy used Evo X parts to reduce this amount closer to the $3K range.

Also, read up on Evoscan, EcuFlash, and Cobb AccessPort to figure out which way you want to go, especially if you have a TC-SST.
Ya I currently have a accessport and a Cobb boost controller , and injen short ram intake
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:07 PM

Youve got the short ram for an evo or for a ralliart? If its for the evo your going to have to move your battery to the trunk.

Originally Posted by Spencer2362
Ya I currently have a accessport and a Cobb boost controller , and injen short ram intake
Old Sep 21, 2015, 05:09 PM

I have the Ralliart intake