Notices

Aftermarket amps and subs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket amps and subs?

On my 08 GTS I had the factory nav system, I installed a aftermarket 4 channel amp. Wired it as a 2 channel mids and highs and 2 channels to the subs sounded really good but i lost the use of bluetooth and voice guided navigation.

Now my question is I removed all that when I traded in my 08 GTS, and I want to put it in my 2011 Ralliart, which just has the basic stereo, I do not want to lose my bluetooth input for the stereo. It is a really cool feature and I really enjoy hopping in the car with my iphone in my pocket and boom my pandora starts playing immediately. I need to figure out a way to get the amp and better speakers in the car, while still retaining the factory head unit and functionality of the bluetooth in-put.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BaD2RaSS
On my 08 GTS I had the factory nav system, I installed a aftermarket 4 channel amp. Wired it as a 2 channel mids and highs and 2 channels to the subs sounded really good but i lost the use of bluetooth and voice guided navigation.

Now my question is I removed all that when I traded in my 08 GTS, and I want to put it in my 2011 Ralliart, which just has the basic stereo, I do not want to lose my bluetooth input for the stereo. It is a really cool feature and I really enjoy hopping in the car with my iphone in my pocket and boom my pandora starts playing immediately. I need to figure out a way to get the amp and better speakers in the car, while still retaining the factory head unit and functionality of the bluetooth in-put.
did you do this install yourself. if so, then thats probably why. go get it professionally done and if they mess it up, they have to keep working on it until they get it right.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 06:07 PM

no it was installed professionally but at the time there was no solve for it because all those components run through the factory amp which i eliminated.

Kyle
Old Apr 1, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

You should be able to just splice the speaker outputs in the factory harness and send them to the amp. As long as you don't change the head unit, I can't see why you would lose bluetooth.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a how-to in this very forum...

Edit: Here, you can add to this thread as needed - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...te-system.html

Please search a little harder next time.

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Apr 1, 2011 at 07:31 PM.