Notices

2010 Lancer RA Injen cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Lancer RA Injen cold air intake

does anyone installed the injen cold air kit for the lancer RA. wanna get one but ive heard you need to move around stuff under the left headlight area. if anyone has one installed, please let me know with some pics or info or w/e.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have one for sale for 200bucks used, i took it off after doing the evo x swap. So its just laying around. The only things u need to move is a small fuse box and the tranny cooler. Which they supply brackets for both to move them. It shouldnt take to long whatsoever. I also have pics of it i can put up on here of the location of the filter.

Old May 20, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
k thanks
ill think about it too
Old May 23, 2011, 06:46 PM

Injen cold air for 2010 RA

Hello,

I purchased the Injen kit for my RA and have nothing but problems!
I have used the Injen hydroshield and done everything possible to stop the water from getting to the cone and nothing has worked. I recently learned about the Cobb accessport tuner and It works well with the STOCK intake anyway, So I think Ive come to the decision I will use the stock intake with a high flow filter with the Cobb AP tuner. The injen kit is good makes car sound amazing without the bulky airbox you can hear the turbo spool and gulp air, but I feel it makes the shifts sloppy with the twin clutch SST and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I will go with a short ram kit eventually but If it rains alot where you live I definetely wouldn't buy the Injen kit. Also the second part to the kit is a silicon hose (3-bend) when your engine gets hot the hose gets weak! mine was collapsing and choking the car I had to brace it open with C-clamps but it worked well. Does your car have HID projector headlights?
Old May 24, 2011, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the feedback. I saw that unit for sale at a dealer, but passed on it. From what you have mentioned, I'm glad I did!
Old May 24, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

im not going to say there is anything wrong with it at all, the car ran fine, i didnt have any feel that there would of been/or had weird shifting patterns. And water, i dont see it as a real big issue, its pretty well tucked away, yes it gets wet, but for the amount of water to hit your engine to actually harm it. U need to drive thru a effin massive puddle and flood the crap outta ur car. idk that i would recommend it if you have the projector headlights since the silicon hose part does have to squish to get past the large headlights. But if you have normal halogens then your golden. And comparing tuning your car to just slapping on a cone filter are two different things. Like apples and oranges, yes they are fruit but they dont belong in the same category.