Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Clarifying some MAF to MAP wiring.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:12 PM
Fomer Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarifying some MAF to MAP wiring.

I found the post on how and where to wire the sensors, but I just want to make sure on a couple of things.

One, in the post it says to tap into the MDP sensor for the Map sensor wiring. Now are you cutting the wires and running them to the Map senor, eliminating the MDP sensor, or do you T into the wires. Also for the vaccume line, does that get a T off any line, or is there a good one to go off of?

And two, basicly the same question for the IAT sensor, but I think the answer to that is to cut out the MAF and run the wires directly to the IAT. I just want to be sure.

In the post I found, there are good directions on which wires and the colors they are, also some pics, but it doesnt exactly say what I am looking for.

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Um, for the MDP, you will just unhook the sensor from the harness and tap and solder into those wires. For the boost source i took the easy way out and spent an extra 30 bucks for the billet adapter that Buschur sells. This way you just take the MDP out of the mani, screw the MAP sensor into the adapter and the adapter goes where th MDP was. Nice piece. For AIT, you dont have to cut the wires. Jusst tap and solder into them. And of course you are cutting out the MAF. Unplug it from the harness, you dont need it now. All this was covered numerous times. A few of them all on the first page of the AEM EMS forums.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:46 PM

i'd reccomend using weatherpack connectors for a simple plug and play type deal. If you can get a hold of these connectors, i think you would be much happier
Old Jan 11, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

switzer makes a sweet map adapter also it lays flat so you have more clearance to the sway bar..
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by silverofs
switzer makes a sweet map adapter also it lays flat so you have more clearance to the sway bar..
Yep, it is certainly a better thought out piece than others out there. The others point the MAP sensor straight up out of the intake manifold and it is very close to the strut tower bar. The Switzer unit has a 90degree bend so it lays parallel with the intake manifold. Good luck finding one.

EVOlutionary
Old Feb 17, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I have been unsuccessful in tracking down Tym Switzer to get a hold of the 90 degree map sensor adapters. I found that RRE has one and ordered it from them. A bit pricey in my opinion but when you don't have many choices and prefer the 90 bend over the straight one you pay what you need to.