Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

newbie question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie question

okay so ive had my evo for about 4 months now, and just recently had a BOV, intake, exhaust installed, and waiting for my downpipe.. ive ran my car stock at the track and hit a best of 13.84.

now here's the newbie question. what can i expect out of the aem setup? and do i need it, as in will my car be fine without it?

ive been looking this up and aem seems to be the best setup. what im confused about also is what exactly do i need for this. the AEM EMS w/ built in UEGO, 3.5 bar map sensor, and what else? i dont get y they just dont sell everything all together in one expensive kit. this is looking to be a $2000 plus modification, i just want to make sure if i do decide to get it, that im getting everything i need to make this happen.

thanks in advnace for your help and replies
Old Mar 15, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

aem dosnt offer a kit, but most good shops do. we offer everything in a kit. you will need a intake air temp sensor in adition to the uego and map sensor. the evo ems has the option of the built in uego, thats the way to go unless you want the guage type wideband.

with the ems the more mods you have the more difference it will make over a factory ecu. even on a stock setup you can expect to pickup quite a bit of power just through tuning.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

would i need anything like a safc of some sort or like a greddy e01 to work with the aem? i doubt im ever going to mess with it if i get one so id prefer not getting one unless i needed to
Old Mar 17, 2004, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

no you don't need anything, its a standalone so it could control boost only if you get the boost solenoid (sold separatly) but most people prefer an electronic boost controler to adjust it whenever they want to
Old Mar 18, 2004, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by megatron
would i need anything like a safc of some sort or like a greddy e01 to work with the aem? i doubt im ever going to mess with it if i get one so id prefer not getting one unless i needed to
You need a laptop computer, thats about it.

Keith