Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Shady things from Eurospeed....

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shady things from Eurospeed....

Ok so i bought my AEM EMS from Eurospeed about a month and a half ago. I've had nothing but problems with the ems. First off, the map that i got from them was the one they used on my friends car, which didn't work in the first place (bad idle and stalling problems). I then got a revised map form my buddy which started working really well with my car, but for some strange reason 2 days later my car started acting up again. i though maybe the weather change could have caused this. I then had George from Boost Solutions tune it, it ran perfect, and i was extremely happy with it. But 2 days later, my car is back to the same old problems, stalling 5-7 times a day and the idle was just horrible.

So i decided to do a little "swing testing" with the EMS. A friend of mine with EMS on his Evo told me to try his out, to see if maybe the EMS had bad software or whatever. (**his evo runs perfect and has no idle or stalling problems**) So we did, we traded EMS's. I noticed though that my EMS seemed used, this wasn't looking to good for me already. So we traded and downloaded his EXACT map into mine (which was on his car now) and vice versa. Well his car was now running like mine was, with his own map... and mine was running perfect.
So YES, the ems that eurospeed sold was not only used, but was also bad.

I called Eurospeed today, and they telll me that they do that with all EMS, they "test" them for about a week on their test car, then they sell it. They said it was because of some problem they had with one they sold and sent to a customer and came out bad (kind of like mine). ummmmmm, this just doesn't sound right to me at all. why would you use all these EMSs before selling them?

i don't know exactly what kinda business they're running but it doesn't sound to legit to me. and whuts up with $400 for 30 minutes of crappy tunning?

be careful everybody

gonz
Old May 25, 2004, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gonzstarr
Ok so i bought my AEM EMS from Eurospeed about a month and a half ago. I've had nothing but problems with the ems. First off, the map that i got from them was the one they used on my friends car, which didn't work in the first place (bad idle and stalling problems). I then got a revised map form my buddy which started working really well with my car, but for some strange reason 2 days later my car started acting up again. i though maybe the weather change could have caused this. I then had George from Boost Solutions tune it, it ran perfect, and i was extremely happy with it. But 2 days later, my car is back to the same old problems, stalling 5-7 times a day and the idle was just horrible.

So i decided to do a little "swing testing" with the EMS. A friend of mine with EMS on his Evo told me to try his out, to see if maybe the EMS had bad software or whatever. (**his evo runs perfect and has no idle or stalling problems**) So we did, we traded EMS's. I noticed though that my EMS seemed used, this wasn't looking to good for me already. So we traded and downloaded his EXACT map into mine (which was on his car now) and vice versa. Well his car was now running like mine was, with his own map... and mine was running perfect.
So YES, the ems that eurospeed sold was not only used, but was also bad.

I called Eurospeed today, and they telll me that they do that with all EMS, they "test" them for about a week on their test car, then they sell it. They said it was because of some problem they had with one they sold and sent to a customer and came out bad (kind of like mine). ummmmmm, this just doesn't sound right to me at all. why would you use all these EMSs before selling them?

i don't know exactly what kinda business they're running but it doesn't sound to legit to me. and whuts up with $400 for 30 minutes of crappy tunning?

be careful everybody

gonz
Gonz,

I borrow my AEM EMS to DOug, and his car ran great for a week or so until he put your EMS in his car. Now teh car is stalling a lot, with THE SAME MAP...

Looks like we will be sending that Eurospeed EMS back to AEM, so they can check it out.
Sorry to hear that you had teh same map as your busy. That is one expensive map

George
Old May 25, 2004, 07:50 PM

Yes, we do test all of the units we get here. In the past, we did have a dud EMS that we sent out to a customer in ohio. That unit was brand new, never tested, and had a bad coil driver for coil driver #1. After trouble shooting that unit with the customer for a week, he sent it back to us and we sent him a tested on, which worked fine.

Since most of our customers are from out of state or mail order, we choose to test each of the units we get in to make sure it's working properly so we don't end up having a customer drive in from far away, just to have the "new" unit have a problem. We've only had one defective unit previously, but we don't want to have another customer stranded with a bad ems.

As for a crappy tune, Gonz, you, yourself said the car felt a lot better after we installed the EMS on it. I even called you personally the next day to make sure the car was running right and remind you to send me some logs of what's going on with the car in the GA environment and running on GA gas.

Your car was running great when it left here and also when you drove it home. I never heard one complaint, let alone a peep, from you until you called me to ask about the ems. Which I told you that we test in our evo test car.

If you had a problem with us, why didn't you just let us know? We're more than happy to troubleshoot any kind of issue with you and get you revised maps if you need them. As far as a hardware problem, that is out of our control and you didn't let us know until after the fact. We're still open to help you out if you have any future issues, but I can't change your opinion of us.

And BTW, horsepower freaks charges more for a tune, and they are probably one of the few shops with more experience with the ems than us. Of the three dodge viper prototype ems's currently being circulated around, AEM has one, HP freaks has one, and we have one, and AEM won't just pass them out to anyone.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gonzstarr
I called Eurospeed today, and they telll me that they do that with all EMS, they "test" them for about a week on their test car, then they sell it. They said it was because of some problem they had with one they sold and sent to a customer and came out bad (kind of like mine).
Originally Posted by Alex Chan
Yes, we do test all of the units we get here. In the past, we did have a dud EMS that we sent out to a customer in ohio. That unit was brand new, never tested, and had a bad coil driver for coil driver #1. After trouble shooting that unit with the customer for a week, he sent it back to us and we sent him a tested on, which worked fine.
Hmmmmm..... wonder who that was....???? BTW Alex, I'm in Michigan. And yes, the EMS unit you guys sent me afterwards works just peachy. Still in the process of road tuning. I could probably get some maps I'm satisfied with IF IT WOULD STOP PISSING FROM THE SKY!!!!!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

I purchased my EMS from Eurospeed, had it installed along with all the sensors, took it to Atlanta to Knowledge performance with Alex and Jason, and my car runs great. They truely stand behind the things they sell. NO QUESTIONS. I would say that my car nearly runs as well as stock, even with all of my mods. Sometimes you need to check the source of the original information before jumping to conclusions about a shop!!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Just out of curiosity can you please post your map??
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

You shoud have stayed with the stock ECU and got a Dynoflash. You wouldn't be having stalling problems and you would probably be faster. Also you can pass you local OBD2 inspection if they have state vehicle inspections in GA.

Brian
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

if want max performance the ems is the only way to go..... getting rid of the MAF is worth quite a bit of power.... 45hp on a 400 hp supra... hell i know a couple of guys with stock evos that have 300hp w/the ems on a awd dyno.

as for gonz, it was raining out when he brought the car and i did the best i could tuning considering the conditions and he was happy w/the car when it left. We told him that it would require a few data logs to get the calibration dialed in for the GA weather/gas. its known to run a bit different from the stuff up in NC. When we did evo ate's car at knowledge it took a slightly different tune to run right down there than it did up here. we used that car to get our custom base calibration done. thats the one we based matt's tune on, then we worked with him on getting some data logs to get matts car dialed in and of course i based gonz's calibration on matt's because they are both from the same town with the same conditions. That way the calibration would be closer to what was needed.

as for testing the ems... we make it a point to test any product we sell, especially to customers that we ship products to and/or customers that travel to our shop. It's much easier to diagnose and fix a problem with a product on a local car. This is not limited to AEM products.

We stand behind our work 100 percent. If any of our customers have any problems with anything we do we encourage them to come to us, we WILL get it straightened out. I have tuned many cars with the ems and untill this i have never had a complaint. I do everything from hondas to vipers.. yep, vipers..... we have one of 3 in the country running on the ems for beta testing, i have had customers come from as far as ohio for my tuning. Name one other shop that will tune a viper, 3 or 4 turbo hondas, a 500hp 3000gt and a evo in one week. I work with a shop in concord, nc tuning the fastest NA honda street car in the country.. 11.2 at 120mph STREET car... and i have held the record for the highest hp honda street car in NC at over 500.. that car ran perfect and got almost 30mpg around town with 880cc injectors.

this is why i hate the internet..... people would rather go post up 1/2 informed posts with out contacting the shop they delt with. untill this we had no indication that gonz was unhappy..... hell, id be more than happy to get a ride down there and tune the car down there if it would make the customer happy..... unlike some people i dont do this for the money, i do it for the cars and the challenge. hell i give almost 90percent of my customers my cell phone number so they can contact me directly if they have problems.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:53 AM

This is the second time I have seen somebody get on here and compain about a vendor and there ems.

And they don't even call them up, instead they get on here an whine.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

You always need to try and handle things internally before you get on the forum and try to trash a vendor. Some people actually use this forum to learn about cars, and value the opinions of the "intelligent" car buffs that have something to offer. Learn how to deal with people before you become a critic!
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

This post has been dead for three weeks and then you pop up getting the last word in. Good job! You sure told him. By the way Gonzstarr's EMS was and is screwed up big time and has been sent back to AEM to get fixed. When he took it out and went back to stock he was missing an O2 sensor. His SAFC-II was snipped too. He's just a whinny customer though isn't he. You sound real tough behind the keyboard, so I guess I better hush. This one's on me.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

1. I'm sorry it takes so long for my posts..... I work alot.

2. I'm not a tough guy I'm very easy to get along with if I'm treated right, I'm sure just like you are.

3. This is why I get on post, because I have had a lot of dealings with Eurospeed and I know that one phone call, a good reason, and they would make things right. No Question.

Thats my 2 cents!
Old Jul 2, 2004, 02:36 PM

There is no reason to leave an afc hooked into the stock wiring if your puttin in a ems.

There is also no reason to leave the stock front o2 sensor in if your using the wideband.

If you cant install an afc and put an o2 sensor back in your car, you have no business with a stand alone in your car in the first place.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

No kidding Captain Obvious, but when you want to go back to stock that customer needed a new O2 sensor that was kept and also was not informed about the Safc being snipped. Butting in to something you know nada about.

Maybe if you read my past post slow this time you'll see that I mentioned al of this once already, but for you I'll write it out again.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

GSX, that's not an EVO last time I checked. Evolutionm.net

Quick Reply: Shady things from Eurospeed....