Notices

Anyone else actually in Korea?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are there unaccompanied, well you won't be bringing ****... unless you put on a lot of rank since I last saw you. Only E-7 and higher are allowed.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then I'll take the wife with me hehehe. I made tech n I can study hard to make ^....until then the evo is aight....I need time to add more go fast parts anyway.....so when I get there I dont have to worry about it. Then again winter is harsh there so that means a garage is a must.

Originally Posted by mump
If you are there unaccompanied, well you won't be bringing ****... unless you put on a lot of rank since I last saw you. Only E-7 and higher are allowed.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dee_yamaha
Then I'll take the wife with me hehehe. I made tech n I can study hard to make ^....until then the evo is aight....I need time to add more go fast parts anyway.....so when I get there I dont have to worry about it. Then again winter is harsh there so that means a garage is a must.
garage....ha. that's funny. no such animal here.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

garage....ha. that's funny. no such animal here.
That really sucks dude..I have a friend who just got orders to Korea n he is debating to bring his 9..... I want a 9 but I just paid mine off n dont want another car payment.....he's already in the 11s....400 hp. I'll tell him to buy a car cover if he does bring it there.

Take care man.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:55 PM

ive got a garage. i actually lucked out and got my own 2 car garage instead of a big parking garage with tiny spaces. i just dont like parking out on the town because, like i said, the spots are tiny and scratches and dings have a tendency to show up. i havent had as much bad luck as mump though. i just got my rear bumper right behing the wheel well scraped up.
if you dont come over command sponsored you can do like i did. extend for 2 years on top of the year you are already doing and then get an exception to policy to ship. your family would probably kill you though if you stayed away for 3 years. lol.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

USAF is different though. You can get command sponsored pretty easily if you are coming to the 303rd - which you probably will be. And command sponsorship is only a 2 yr tour..and once you get approved for comand sponsorship, you are guarranteed to ship a car.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

My friend is Mil to Mil and they are both going there.

USAF is different though. You can get command sponsored pretty easily if you are coming to the 303rd - which you probably will be. And command sponsorship is only a 2 yr tour..and once you get approved for comand sponsorship, you are guarranteed to ship a car.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to bump this!

Anyone else in the ROK?

I just got to Kunsan a couple weeks ago.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

i am still here
Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

mump, how is your evo running?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 03:27 AM
Evolving Member

i am still here
going through kunsan city anytime soon?

it would be nice to talk shop to fellow evo enthusiast over here or even better, see one.

my 9 se doesn't even have 1k miles on it back in vegas. my wife gets to have all the fun. i'm getting withdrawls!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkim2001
mump, how is your evo running?
it is going good except for a scratches here and there. i got a bunch of goodies to put on it when the weather get warmer. i am also thinking of getting a new paint job but i am trying to hold out for awhile. i know as soon as i do it, someone will give it a tappy tap.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:53 AM

Is the consensus here that you can only bring your EVO with you if you're in the military? Curious cause I'll be working out in Korea for a bit and have been trying to find out if I could take my EVO there...

Anyone have any input on this matter? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Military can bring them in because they are under SOFA status - meaning they are duty free, no taxes. The Korean Government will hit a Japanese car with an ungodly amount of tax - it is like 30-60% the value of the car. I can't remember the exact amount but it is the reason why 90% of the cars here are hyundia, kia, dawoo and why everyone stares as the evo rolls down the street.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info mump....Currently in Korea checking out the new gig.. Where you located? So I can keep an eye out for the LONELY EVO wandering about.

Quick Reply: Anyone else actually in Korea?