Notices

Evo reliability vs STi reliability???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2003, 02:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uh, isn't Chtysler yanky?
For reliablity, look at Japanese modded cars... how often do you see a huge HP WRX in a DVD filmed there? (apart from a few MY01 & on models) Compare that to the countless EVOs & I think u'll see that the people who really know the cars prefer the mitsu.

I really think u'll find that 95% of Subaru's superior POPULARITY here is due to the fact that they are VERY readily available, & cheap in comparison. (read an EVo is rare as a pig with wings in Australia)
I mean u can sometimes pick up a 98-99 WRX for around the same $$ as say a 94-95 GSR... step up to the EVO & STi & it is much the same... around $50G for a decent 97-98 EVO V.. about the same for a 01-02 STi. Don't quote me on these exact figures, but I think u'll find them pretty close to the mark.

Every motoring review I've seen in EVO vs. STi comparisons puts the Mitsu ahead, except for interior 'styling'.

Just a observation....
Old Jan 7, 2004, 02:53 PM

Sandman is correct. Its about the availability and cost that contributes to the popularity of the WRX and STi. The Evo has always been the superior car and my Evo has been very reliable.
Old Jan 17, 2004, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Ive been in about 3 EVO cars, evo I, III and VI and ive been in 2 WRX cars, now from what i saw the WRX was a nice car inside, but it just felt like i was in a washing machine, the EVOz on the other hand wernt as nice inside, but they still had that rally feel to them and they were a dream to drive. as far as contruction goes the EVO has it i think, i was with my neighour at a relos house and cousin was goin nuts, he just bought a club spec 2 and was driving it home one day and herd the floor make a noise, he took it back to subaru and they looked underneath... what did they find? the floor had split in 2 the crack was about 1 meter long and about 2.5 cm in the furtherst bit!!! once i heard that i went off the WRX, and apparntly this is common. Now i know the WRX has got good power but come on how dodgy is that? fit they are gana put that much power in a car make sure the thing can handel it atleast, ive never heard of a mitsi do that. sure the Galant wasnt great but ive never heard of a lancer or evo split its floor!