Notices

Aussies???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I visit randomly but not often. Also on evo oz.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't get too disheartened guys who can't get on evolution oz- it might be just a few meets you miss out on hearing about. I'm sure a few of the guys could post things up for you if you wanted.

Technically and shopping wise these forums leave the Australian ones for dead.

Alot more freedom here too, I'm one step away from being banned there as I don't get along with the man in charge there, just a very different personality to me.

Yeah i go off side with him about the licences thing last year when the brought it in - he didn't appreciate me telling him it was an invasion of privacy, but their site (private business), their rules, as he has clearly pointed out.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:08 AM

Well as an Admin on EvoOz I would like to say we have plenty to offer Aussie owners.
We have a good exchange of Auissie and US owners with JDM Evo's on and I support EvoM.net and what the guys here do.

Michael you do not speak for our EvoOz forum thanks. I would advise you not to thankyou.
Your issues with us are you own. Be a bit more circumspect where you post on what forums thanks. I/we the Admins on Evo Oz don't take kindly to the bagging.
We run our forum our own way and the rules on Evo Oz are put up for all to follow as registration and in our member rules section and 99% of members do and have no issues.

If people can't get on you need to complete all your fields and false info is not good thanks.
All signups are filtered and missing or incomplete info signups won;t be processed.
Do contact webmaster@evlutionoz.net if you have problems and we have a new webmaster and be aware our signup measures are to remove spambot issues that we have had lot's of issues with in the past.

Michael I would prefer you kept comments about our forum to yourself and off here thanks.

But I am not here to detract from EvoM.net and it's info, it's great place, I love reading on here, great Tech.
So anyone on here is welcome on Evo Oz, just follow the rules, be polite to other members and the Management team and you are always welcome.

Last edited by weightless7; Nov 17, 2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by weightless7
Well as an Admin on EvoOz I would like to say we have plenty to offer Aussie owners.
We have a good exchange of Auissie and US owners with JDM Evo's on and I support EvoM.net and what the guys here do.

Michael you do not speak for our EvoOz forum thanks. I would advise you not to thankyou.
Your issues with us are you own. Be a bit more circumspect where you post on what forums thanks. I/we the Admins on Evo Oz don't take kindly to the bagging.
We run our forum our own way and the rules on Evo Oz are put up for all to follow as registration and in our member rules section and 99% of members do and have no issues.

If people can't get on you need to complete all your fields and false info is not good thanks.
All signups are filtered and missing or incomplete info signups won;t be processed.
Do contact webmaster@evlutionoz.net if you have problems and we have a new webmaster and be aware our signup measures are to remove spambot issues that we have had lot's of issues with in the past.

Michael I would prefer you kept comments about our forum to yourself and off here thanks.

But I am not here to detract from EvoM.net and it's info, it's great place, I love reading on here, great Tech.
So anyone on here is welcome on Evo Oz, just follow the rules, be polite to other members and the Management team and you are always welcome.
Wow Chris you came on here to write that?

Bagging you? Nah, I just believe you need more democratic input or more freedom on YOUR forums (as you clearly pointed out after over 500 posts in over two years I am merely a guest).

You mistake suggestions as attacks, it isn't personal chris although you seem to be constantly trying to make it like that.

Maybe you could post up events advertised on evolution oz for these guys?

I'll talk to Gav and get the JSCC events for NSW posted up here for them.

But anyway all the best to you and your forum vendors, I might pop on Evolution oz occasionally to see what's going on but I guess I don't fit your member profile unfortunetley.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:32 PM

Justincase

The guy send he can not sign up to OZEVO (www.ozevo.com) totally different site to EvolutionOZ

Originally Posted by aus8mr
Hey guys, just joined this site. i was also unable to join the Ozevo site for some reason, never got an email back off them but eh who cares this site ****s all over them. i live in brissy and bought a JDM 04 Evo VIII MR about 2 weeks ago. its completely stock, has 75000 km's on it and still has the original clutch in it. i think i got a bargain because it has the bbs's and is great condition and i only paid $25000 for it. im planning to do a few mods to it once i get over it, but for the moment im quite happy with how it goes (my last car was a R33 gtst so the evo is a good step up in power and handling).
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoDownUnder
Justincase

The guy send he can not sign up to OZEVO (www.ozevo.com) totally different site to EvolutionOZ
apologies ozevo guy sold his evo- maybe he doesn't run the site anymore?

There is in Australia for everyone to pick and join

www.evolutionoz.net

www.perthevo.com

http://www.4g63evolution.net

enjoy
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:37 PM

EvoOz is the pick of the above bunch i'd say, lots of technical information available on there and generally a good enough forum I suppose - though it might be a bit hard to adapt if you've been a member on other forums before since as suggested it is quite formal.

I have to agree with Michael on the above comments, EvoM most definitely has a larger technical base and you'll find that plenty of EvoOz members are also members on here - when you can't find something on one you just check the other. EvoM's vendor section is certainly much larger and offers a greater product range at awesome prices for us guys atm with the dollar being so strong.

+1 on personal beliefs/suggestions being misinterpreted. Michael's post was most definitely not a bagging/slur by any means.

Last edited by jdm747; Nov 19, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:02 AM

Tech here is pretty awesome and as it should be! much larger audience than Oz! more input by more people is a win, win as long as you can get through.

I think what Chris is saying is a carry on from something that was said on Evo Oz.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 03:57 PM

I feel bad about not supporting local vendors, but the prices that the vendors here get stuff for save me so much money!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mltezr
I feel bad about not supporting local vendors, but the prices that the vendors here get stuff for save me so much money!
I'm new to the whole Evo thing and am always happy to shop OS for cheap parts. Can you recommend any vendors that offer good prices and cheap postage to Australia.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:28 PM

There are HEAPS man!

Some of the o/seas shops (not sure if they're all vendors here or not, I know some are) that I personally have bought parts from and had a positive experience with....

MAP
Kami-Speed
AMS
AWD Motorsports
Nengun
Greenline
RHD Japan

If there's something particular that you're after, just google it and you'll usually find a few shops in the first page of results. Just suss out their websites and then search the forums to see if they have good/bad feedback from people.

Last edited by jdm747; Nov 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jdm747
There are HEAPS man!
Thanks, I'll get searching. I have looked around a bit but mostly find that super high postage costs (normally with Fedex or UPS) remove any benefit that buying in the states gives you. I have used PriceUSA.com.au to buy a few, non evo, things. Their postage seems cheaper than most shops offer to Aust. We'll see.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:51 PM

Yeah look, obviously it depends on the price of the parts you're buying but I have found that there are typically good savings to be had through those shops I mentioned. Some places will try and overcharge postage, if they do, just be straight up about it and most of the time they'll work something out anyway if you're making a decent order.

Good luck with it all and enjoy (i'm sure you will)!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

I've had great experience with Sheptrans, CBRD, MAPerformance and AMS. All are extremely professional and communicate well.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by EvoDownUnder
Justincase

I actually meant EvolutionOz sorry, not OZEVO. i after reading a few more posts on here im glad i havent joined. got all the info i need here, without being watched over by forum ***** that are only in it for personal gain.(never knew it was a privately owned forum but now it all makes sense.

Quick Reply: Aussies???