Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how many runs do you get with PCA?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

They say usually 10 runs.

So if you're looking for a great opportunity to learn and practice, this is it.

I'm registered.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'm stressed because Armstrong V. and his s2000 are in 2x with me. He's leading s2000 class in NTAXS; I'm second in class 2. Should be very close - last event he was .08 faster than me.

KenO's on race tires so that's up to you and Kent, Jeremy.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WORD
I'm stressed because Armstrong V. and his s2000 are in 2x with me. He's leading s2000 class in NTAXS; I'm second in class 2. Should be very close - last event he was .08 faster than me.
I'll help you out if you want.

Not an issue. :-)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Crap.

I think my alternator is failing. I hope I can get one tomorrow or I'm going to have to miss this. Hopefully Kevin has one laying around.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
Not an issue. :-)
Old Jul 1, 2012, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
What do you mean dunno?

Kent and I only did 4 runs each in the morning. The afternoon heat and porsche fumes took their tool so we cut out without aftetnoon runs.

So if you only count everyones first four runs, I set FTD. Ken O put down a faster run in the afternoon and maybe an unnamed Lotus driver as well though Im not certain.

But Im confident in saying, and I hope I may do so without sounding boastful, that had I run in the afternoon as well, I would have taken FTD back by no less than one full second. I say this based on previos event results.

Not that Im that great of a driver - but rather the car is really dialed in and tuned by the best.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

I think my alternator is failing. I hope I can get one tomorrow or I'm going to have to miss this. Hopefully Kevin has one laying around.
got your email a little late. i do have one if you still need it. its used of course, but it does work.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
got your email a little late. i do have one if you still need it. its used of course, but it does work.
I appreciate Kevin, but I think I found the issue. The posts that go on the Odyssey were much smaller than the positive terminal. So, even fully tightened, it would vibrate loose. This is my hypothesis for now because I put a terminal shim in, and so far, it has been ok. Turned on and off yesterday at PCA event and it started each time.

And Jeremy's car is extremely fast. I love it! Had a great time yesterday. Really learned alot. After Jeremy's coaching, I knocked of 3 FULL SECONDS.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

And Jeremy's car is extremely fast. I love it! Had a great time yesterday. Really learned alot. After Jeremy's coaching, I knocked of 3 FULL SECONDS.
This is a video with Chris riding along. I forgot we put a microphone in the cabin so what you hear is rated M for mature.

Old Jul 2, 2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
What do you mean dunno?

Kent and I only did 4 runs each in the morning. The afternoon heat and porsche fumes took their tool so we cut out without aftetnoon runs.

So if you only count everyones first four runs, I set FTD. Ken O put down a faster run in the afternoon and maybe an unnamed Lotus driver as well though Im not certain.

But Im confident in saying, and I hope I may do so without sounding boastful, that had I run in the afternoon as well, I would have taken FTD back by no less than one full second. I say this based on previos event results.

Not that Im that great of a driver - but rather the car is really dialed in and tuned by the best.
I'm not so sure about that. The AWD cars had a big advantage in the morning with the less grippy surface and construction dust being swept off. I think the RWD cars gained more time than the AWD cars with the surface conditions improving in the afternoon. Ken picked up about 1.5 seconds and even if you did too it wouldn't have been a win by anywhere near 1 full second.

Either way we'll never know and these events are a set of morning and afternoon runs so we'll just have to hypothesize. BTW I drove to the event on my dead 2 year old scrub R comps with about 105 runs, four track sessions and 300 street miles on them ran 14 runs and drove back home on em, not ideal but not too shabby and definitely not a good measuring stick to check times against. I do agree your car is fast, fun and silly easy to drive but let's not get carried away here mr future Scca nationals SM class killer.

http://mav.pca.org/Events/Autocross/...-AX04-HTML.htm

Last edited by CosmosMpower; Jul 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Either way we'll never know and these events are a set of morning and afternoon runs so we'll just have to hypothesize.
Of course - yes - it's all just theory. But next time I'll be sure to run both morning and afternoon and then it won't be theory anymore. I'll admit if I'm wrong but I don't think I'll have to.

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
BTW I drove to the event on my dead 2 year old scrub R comps with about 105 runs, four track sessions and 300 street miles on them ran 14 runs and drove back home on em, not ideal but not too shabby and definitely not a good measuring stick to check times against. I do agree your car is fast, fun and silly easy to drive but let's not get carried away here mr future Scca nationals SM class killer..
No doubt you did well given the circumstances of the tires. You should know I think of you as a good driver and trust your abilities to have let you codrive my car at two events last year. To be honest, I thought you were going to drop in to the 49s this Sunday so that should give you an insite in to how I consider your capabilities and your car.

I do believe my car is an SM class killer in at least the regional level. I've done a lot of work to it this year and I've seen it in the hands of drivers more capable than myself and watched it place first in PAX by almost half a second. As for nationals, yeah it might be out gunned. But that's another story. I said I was nationals bound.. not bound to win nationals.

Last edited by Evo_Someday; Jul 3, 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

did you guys get 10 runs?? What is up with PCA classing?? Explain please
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

We only got 7 because someone lost control and hit that black chainlink fence. It took a couple house to get that all sorted out. So it went like this: run group A (us) ran 4 morning runs, then bc of the accident and hold up, run group b did all 7 of their runs immediately after getting the car off the fence. During this time I stood in the sun for something like 2-2.5hrs. Still, I'd rather have a sunburn than a bent up car so I can't complain.

Classing: anything without a 1, 2, 3 X or R is a Porsche class - it's too confusing, don't worry about it until you get a Porsche. Other than that it's the same as NTAXS, but the "X" means street tires and "R" is race. You would be in 2x with me for example. Jeremy and Kent were 2r. Kan was in 3r because he drives an Elise on race tires.

Quick Reply: PCA Autocross #4 07/01/2012