Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS 50 Trim dyno numbers finally in...!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMS 50 Trim dyno numbers finally in...!

Well after much waiting and anticipation I finally got my car tuned by Mark at TurboTrix. The longest part of the day was having my UICP fabricated, which the piping had to be made from scratch, polished etc, welded and installed.

They also installed my Precision 1000cc injectors, which I got from Nolimitmotorsport, and the rest was down to the tuning.

We tried tuning on my HKS EVC 5 and were hitting like 35 PSI boost on the dyno...Mark then disconnected the HKS and just popped on my Hallman Pro MBC. With the Hallman Pro, were were able to get more positive results and easier tuning.

Overall I dont have a chart for pumpgas numbers but Mark didnt go too crazy on those numbers.... for pumpgas power I was at 410 AWHP...which would be good enough and safe in case my meth pump ever fails...

Once we cranked up the boost to 29 PSI on the Hallman MBC, we ended up with a final power figure of 497 AWHP and 433 TQ with a dyno room temp of 95.XX degrees.

Below are pics of the UICP.... I'll have to do some minor re-arranging in the engine bay of a few things to set it the way I want to set it.

(above) here's how the MBC sits so far, but everything in the engine bay will get rearranged soon for a cleaner look

I just wanted to thank the crew at TT for taking care of me and my car and making power with it. Now I need some more seat time behind the wheel if I'm ever gonna get better launches :twitch:

Overall I was shooting for 500-510 but I guess my numbers will have to make me happy for now. Maybe when the weather gets cooler the car will make more power.

I wanted to add that Mark mentioned that my car made the second best 50 Trim numbers on his dyno....whereas Ben, with the RR EVO from VA came out first, made 508 AWHP and 440+ tq

The dyno charts will follow in a few minutes.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good! But why no small battery? The UICP would have probably been easier to fab too.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Looks good! But why no small battery? The UICP would have probably been easier to fab too.

I've heard of starting problems with mini batteries especially if the car sits still for a few days.... and my car usially gets driven on the weekends
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I've heard of starting problems with mini batteries especially if the car sits still for a few days.... and my car usially gets driven on the weekends

good choice keeping the stock battery- i have a mini battery and i hate it- simply because i have to keep it hooked up to a charger- i have starting problems even if it sits for like 6 hrs.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

my car sits all week with the small battery ive never had a starting problem
btw was that 497hp on race gas or pump gas
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

i was expecting higher whp than 410 on a 50 Trim on pump gas, what supporting mods u have? what psi u running that put down 410whp? stock turbo with alky will yield close to 390whp, so i really expect close to 450whp on pump or 490 with alky.

I will be installing TTZ 50 trim the week after next week, i hope to see 450whp for the extra 5K i m throwing in, u have me worried now.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by superflyevo
my car sits all week with the small battery ive never had a starting problem
btw was that 497hp on race gas or pump gas

93 + Meth, M7 nozzle
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
i was expecting higher whp than 410 on a 50 Trim on pump gas, what supporting mods u have? what psi u running that put down 410whp? stock turbo with alky will yield close to 390whp, so i really expect close to 450whp on pump or 490 with alky.

I will be installing TTZ 50 trim the week after next week, i hope to see 450whp for the extra 5K i m throwing in, u have me worried now.

I'm sure you can get close to 450 on 93 alone with more time tuning. We were short on time and just tuned the pump gas number to some thing safe and ultra-conservative, but we did put more time on tuning with Meth
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Another thing I realized is that the catch can really catches oil !!!
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Here are the charts:

Room Temps

power figures

Power curve
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

497hp/430trq on 93 and meth is pretty respectable in my book, for the 50 trim. I made 440/350trq on pump gas w/ the tt kit, that is pretty average for pump. I think they could nave pulled abit more out of your pump gas tune. But like you said what does that matter if your going to use meth most of the time anyway. That thing must pull like a beast with that much torque. Congrats on your new setup.

Last edited by evoate ya; Aug 19, 2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoate ya
497hp/430trq on 93 and meth is pretty respectable in my book, for the 50 trim. I made 440/350trq on pump gas w/ the tt kit, that is pretty average for pump. I think they could nave pulled abit more out of your pump gas tune. But like you said what does that matter if your going to use meth most of the time anyway. That thing must pull like a beast with that much torque. Congrats on your new setup.

I'd like to go back and see if they can extract more out of pump gas alone
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I'd like to go back and see if they can extract more out of pump gas alone
yup! definately go back to get more out of the pump map. If u do run out of meth u still can switch map on the AEM to run pump and not losing too much whp. ( i can deal with 490 -> 440 when meth runs out).

i bet u must have a great time driving back to LI!!!

DO u mind telling us what other mods u have?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:11 PM
ELF
Evolving Member

stock block? were you using a ems or flash?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1. Also, did AMS supply you with that intake with the turbo-kit?

The UICP looks really nice too! I like how AMS and TT puts their logo on their in home fab'd goods.

Quick Reply: AMS 50 Trim dyno numbers finally in...!