Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Flash is coming to Washington/Connecticut!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my meth road tune from AMS in stamford yesterday, all i can say is the car feel absolutely AMAZING! Needless to say, I was smiling from ear to ear the whole drive home to NY

My IX made 387AWHP/395TQ on ICS of Stamford's dynojet, AFR's at WOT rock solid at 11.1

All numbers aside, the car FEELS unreal, torquey as hell!

I'd like to thank Martin and Chris for the amazing tune, you guys rock, and it was great meeting you two, and chatting with Martin afterwards (my car was the graphite ix mr you guys road tuned first)

Also, thanks to Tommy from evo-ny for getting them over to the east coast!

Tommy, your car is unreal!

how did everyone else do in DC?

Last edited by saiyanzzrage; Sep 24, 2006 at 07:36 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

The DC tune day went well and would've been great had it not been for my car having a few issues. A fuel pressure drop and an ECU that couldn't be accessed were the culprits but with some determination (and a damn good idea to wipe my ECU clean and start over) and all worked out well.

Martin and Chris, you guys are class acts and I can't thank you enough for taking so much time to get my car up and running. And double thanks to Chris for explaining how the tuning process works all while trying to get my Evo to idle for an hour!

I also want to thank the guys at Atlantic Motor Sports. You guys are awesome. Mike bought me breakfast while getting my parts installed and they were kind enough to not tell me to take a hike while I peering over their shoulder all day (Hey, I was bored!) And I won't forget how you guys went out of your way to identify and correct my fuel pressure problem. I owe you guys some beer!

Brian
Old Sep 24, 2006, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
The DC tune day went well and would've been great had it not been for my car having a few issues. A fuel pressure drop and an ECU that couldn't be accessed were the culprits but with some determination (and a damn good idea to wipe my ECU clean and start over) and all worked out well.

Martin and Chris, you guys are class acts and I can't thank you enough for taking so much time to get my car up and running. And double thanks to Chris for explaining how the tuning process works all while trying to get my Evo to idle for an hour!

I also want to thank the guys at Atlantic Motor Sports. You guys are awesome. Mike bought me breakfast while getting my parts installed and they were kind enough to not tell me to take a hike while I peering over their shoulder all day (Hey, I was bored!) And I won't forget how you guys went out of your way to identify and correct my fuel pressure problem. I owe you guys some beer!

Brian
Martin was telling me about your fuel problem, glad that got sorted out

The guys from AMS are class acts without question. Martin spent some time talking to me about the meth in my car, what it was set at, etc.

Chris is the man too, he took my car out for a few more pulls to fine tune everything and make sure it was running perfect, which it is..thanks Chris

I put the "Tuned by AMS" decal on my trunk with pride this morning, thanks AMS
Old Sep 24, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage

Ditto....went on the trunk last night.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
Might want to take it off if you need warranty work done though.