Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

*NEW AMS PRODUCT* Shave your moustache!! save 13Lbs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2007, 06:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That loud thump you hear between hard shifts is a combination in movement from the Driveshaft and differential. This prevents that differential from moving and thereby eliminates the thump

We will have these in stock by the end of the week.

Installed pics to come very soon.

Eric
Old Aug 2, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More weight savings!!! Yeah!
Old Aug 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
That loud thump you hear between hard shifts is a combination in movement from the Driveshaft and differential. This prevents that differential from moving and thereby eliminates the thump

We will have these in stock by the end of the week.

Installed pics to come very soon.

Eric
Just to be on the safe side, how good is it for the car to stop the diff from moving around back there? I know having it slap against another part of the car can't be too good, but maybe Mitsubishi made it that way for a reason?
Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

The main reason for the factory bar is for comfort. They could hard mount it but it would increase the noise in the cabin. using this on the car will cause no side effects asside from a little more noise in the car.

We run this same piece on our Drag car and time attack car.. so you know its safe.

Eric
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

"who wants a mustache ride??!!" ----> Supertroopers

Very nice piece AMS
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Its a very beefy CNC'd piece which is where the cost comes into play.
Eric
Looks like a great piece and probably well worth the money.

On the flip side, I'm sure you guys have a CNC and it looks like the run time on this would be about 2 minutes because of it's simplicity, so I'm guessing after the intial program is made, the actual cost of each part comes out to $10 in aluminum stock and $1.67 in CNC costs based on $100/hr operator time.

Just saying, based on the information I've heard from CNC guys. Not bashing AMS in any way because the company obviously rocks and their parts are top notch and race proven. Business is business.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

So this replaces #10 in the pic above? What on the body is it anchoring to?...this point on the body must be pretty stout?
Old Aug 2, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PHP Code:
We run this same piece on our Drag car and time attack car.. so you know its safe

Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2007, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dcorn
Looks like a great piece and probably well worth the money.

On the flip side, I'm sure you guys have a CNC and it looks like the run time on this would be about 2 minutes because of it's simplicity, so I'm guessing after the intial program is made, the actual cost of each part comes out to $10 in aluminum stock and $1.67 in CNC costs based on $100/hr operator time.

Just saying, based on the information I've heard from CNC guys. Not bashing AMS in any way because the company obviously rocks and their parts are top notch and race proven. Business is business.
We actually do NOT have our own CNC machine. Sorry

Eric
Old Aug 2, 2007, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05

So this replaces #10 in the pic above? What on the body is it anchoring to?...this point on the body must be pretty stout?
number 10 is the piece that is replaced. there is an aluminum bar that sits behind that steel bar. You simply need to drill a hole in that bar for the New Mount and thread a special bolt (we provide) through it.

Eric
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:02 PM

hmmm
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

won't it be better to have 2 or more bolt points instead on 1? This set up seems to allow bit of side to side angular movements on that one bolt .
That can cause the one holding bolt to lose or grind the contact area perhaps. Have you noticed anything like that on your cars?
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

We actually do NOT have our own CNC machine. Sorry

Eric
Well then...

Opening mouth...

inserting foot.

I'm surprised with all the fabrication and new parts you guys do, that you don't have one. I know it's expensive but you've obviously shown that your company is growing exponentially. Keep up the good work.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Although it is very expensive its more the space constraints we have then the financial constraints that prevent us from getting one. The new building should be getting one once we get sent in.

Eric
Old Aug 2, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taenaive
won't it be better to have 2 or more bolt points instead on 1? This set up seems to allow bit of side to side angular movements on that one bolt .
That can cause the one holding bolt to lose or grind the contact area perhaps. Have you noticed anything like that on your cars?
If you look at the pic above, #6 should be taking the majority of the torque from side to side movement and the new piece just helping with front to back rocking and support of the back of the final drive.

I believe there is a kit from Beatrush to replace #'s 7 & 8 with solid brass/bronze/alloy-of-some-sort bushes to help with the side to side issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, here.

Quick Reply: *NEW AMS PRODUCT* Shave your moustache!! save 13Lbs