Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

The AMS Guys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2003, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The AMS Guys

To the guys at AMS: Hey Guys...it's Derek with the Yellow EVO that stopped in on Friday.

To everyone else: I just wanted to let everyone know that the guys at AMS are awesome. Kris (Boiwundr) took care of me in the store as far as the sales issues I had with setting up an account using my company Tax ID and all. Gregg (I think that was his name) is getting me something special ordered to replace the item that wouldnt fit. Then there is Martin, he took time off from dynoing a car, came out and checked a few things and some settings on my car that I had some issues with from products that I had purchased. Gave me a good look at the prototype Turbo they are making for the EVO, and gave me a GREAT look at the AMS EVO VIII they have. He was VERY VERY cool about everything and they are going out of their way to get the item in I need and are going to from now on carry them in stock so there won't be a problem with other EVO VIII owners.

Thanks to everyone at AMS....you guys rock and DEFINATELY have my business from NOW ON!!!

I would recomend everyone to order from these guys....and for anyone that has....keep doing so. We need people like these guys out there. Not many shops anymore go out of their way and take time away from something they are doing ON THE SPOT just to look at something and help a guy out and NOT expect anything in return other then continued business. Martin COULD have charged me for what he did but he didn't. Martin, if I had ANY cash (sorry all I had was 2 bucks on me ), I would have definately tipped ya for what you did.

Thanks again guys....see ya when the K&N Filter comes in.
Derek King

Last edited by zupber4930; Dec 9, 2003 at 01:22 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2003, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

I definately agree about the AMS guys! They did the timing belt and water pump on my buddy's Talon TSI and they were very quick and convenient for him. He had a noise coming from the engine bay and they told him to bring it back for the them to find the problem. They found the problem and had him on his way very quick.

Old Aug 3, 2003, 04:04 PM
In Timeout

yea i agree with ams even though i neva bought from them lol but i did c there white evo run at NOPI MIR
Old Aug 8, 2003, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

They know what they are doing and they are doing it better than other companies. I saw ALOT of quality and just smart products from AMS at a car show in Milwaukee. I was selling their products the next week ! Wait until their new turbo kit comes out and their 02 housing.... SICK ! I can't wait to see more more from AMS and am proud and priveledged to sell their products and recommend them. I just LOVE that Evo VIII intercooler ! Keep it up Martin, Kris and don't forget about the other half of AMS Arne. Thanks guys. I know I left a couple guys out but you understand. I have only worked with Kris, Martin and Arne !
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:16 PM

Wow, they sound like a nice group of guys that know what they're doing, I only wish their products were priced a bit more aggressively
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

I was going to bring my car in today but unfortuntely they were closed for inventory for the weekend. I'll be stopping by next week for sure to get some small mods done.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

What kind of small mods
Old Sep 24, 2003, 09:20 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys for all the positve feedback. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to ask

Eric
eric@automotosports.com
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:39 AM

I was lined up with the AMS Galant VR4 once at Battle of the Imports in Joliet, IL. That didn't go so well for me.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, they really are a great bunch of guys. Always go out of there way to help people. Great people to work with!
Old Oct 20, 2003, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Every time I had a question they answered it right away and it seemed like they cared to help.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 09:15 AM

Totally agree, The guys at AMS are awesome, and the best part is they DONT make me feel dumb when i ask a dumb question... So thankful they are close to my house, i feel bad i had to bail on the test fitment of the downpipe a while back, i was trying to get my recall done, as well as my bumper fixed from a garage door accident, and get my car into AMS. Only got to the dealer and that was it. But yeah AMS GUYS ROKK Glad my buddy Eric told me about them.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

I have to agree with everything. They stand behind their product and work and will go out of their way to make sure your ride is working the best that it can, Thanks again AMS,, ill see you in a couple of weeks to max out another credit card!! LOL
Old Oct 27, 2003, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by AALEvo8
Totally agree, The guys at AMS are awesome, and the best part is they DONT make me feel dumb when i ask a dumb question... So thankful they are close to my house, i feel bad i had to bail on the test fitment of the downpipe a while back, i was trying to get my recall done, as well as my bumper fixed from a garage door accident, and get my car into AMS. Only got to the dealer and that was it. But yeah AMS GUYS ROKK Glad my buddy Eric told me about them.
And look dennis now I work here

thanks again guys for all the feedback

Eric