Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Bosch 044, Aeromotive Stealth 340, Deatschwerks DW300, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Test

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott@AMS
The Aeromotive wasnt noticeably louder than the Deatschwerks, atleast I dont remember it being.

I haven't ran any of these pumps with the stock FPR, in most cases an adjustable FPR is a good investment anyway though. If the pressure cant be brought down at that point you will most likely just have to drill out the suction valve inside the sending unit a little bit to allow more flow. Ive never had to replace a return line.
Where is this suction valve exactly? Thanks. Is it the cone shaped plastic that the fuel has to pass through after coming in from the fuel return line? Hope my description makes sense for lack of better words to decribe it.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so is anyone using the Aeromotive 340 fuel pumps? mainly in the double pumper config.

i need new pumps. right now i have the walbro's with the reliefs pushed in and i do not think i want to do that again. but no one seems to provide info on these new pumps
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
so is anyone using the Aeromotive 340 fuel pumps? mainly in the double pumper config.

i need new pumps. right now i have the walbro's with the reliefs pushed in and i do not think i want to do that again. but no one seems to provide info on these new pumps
i guess not.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

I have installed a couple Stealth pumps in a some EVO Xs and STis without issue. In double pumper configuration they would flow really well.

i guess not.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have installed a couple Stealth pumps in a some EVO Xs and STis without issue. In double pumper configuration they would flow really well.
Are you guys doing the rewire on the Evo X platform with the Aeromotive pumps? I'm eyeballing my initial fueling upgrades and looking into these. What types of power have the cars been making?

Also if you are rewiring, from a tuning standpoint what has your tuners been seeing as far as any quirks or changes needed since they will no longer run on a low/high mode. I am asking in an ECUflash tuning environment.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

When I do twin pump systems I leave the in-tank pump to the factory wiring. The external pump I would run off of a hobbs switch to turn on at around 12 psi. Just make sure your factory fuel pump switching relay is the most recent one.

Originally Posted by itzwolf
Are you guys doing the rewire on the Evo X platform with the Aeromotive pumps? I'm eyeballing my initial fueling upgrades and looking into these. What types of power have the cars been making?

Also if you are rewiring, from a tuning standpoint what has your tuners been seeing as far as any quirks or changes needed since they will no longer run on a low/high mode. I am asking in an ECUflash tuning environment.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I do twin pump systems I leave the in-tank pump to the factory wiring. The external pump I would run off of a hobbs switch to turn on at around 12 psi. Just make sure your factory fuel pump switching relay is the most recent one.
So you use the factory pump to feed an external?

I am asking about the wiring if using the Aeromotive 340lph pump in in tank...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Oh sorry for some reason I was thinking twin pump systems. When running 2 pumps I would run them in parallel, its best. As for re-wiring I have never done it on a EVO X.

Originally Posted by itzwolf
So you use the factory pump to feed an external?

I am asking about the wiring if using the Aeromotive 340lph pump in in tank...
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:13 AM

I was going to be looking into a double pumper setup for next season but I like the idea of just rewiring a single. Any ideas of what kind of power a Aeromotive Stealth 340 and Deatschwerks DW300 would support? I'm looking for around the 500-600hp on e85, area with a fpblack. Also I assume a fpr would be required to run any of the 3 setups? Thank You.
-Edwin
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Our DW301 should get you in that range on E85. I would recommend a hardwire and fuel pressure regulator to give the pump the power it needs to support the fuel you'll need and the FPR will allow you to adjust the fuel pressure to get everything dialed in.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Another result for a single DW301 install pumping E85 - Post #475

Last edited by DeatschWerks; Sep 19, 2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Cleaned up vendor cross posting...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sourcelx
I was going to be looking into a double pumper setup for next season but I like the idea of just rewiring a single. Any ideas of what kind of power a Aeromotive Stealth 340 and Deatschwerks DW300 would support? I'm looking for around the 500-600hp on e85, area with a fpblack. Also I assume a fpr would be required to run any of the 3 setups? Thank You.
-Edwin
Originally Posted by DeatschWerks
Our DW301 should get you in that range on E85. I would recommend a hardwire and fuel pressure regulator to give the pump the power it needs to support the fuel you'll need and the FPR will allow you to adjust the fuel pressure to get everything dialed in.
I took a look at the power the single DW300 made and I am sold. I just bought a brand new DW300 as a result of reading through this thread. I understand that I will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Would DW have one of those at the moment? If not, I will just roll with the Aeromotive. I read a lot about re-wiring the fuel pump and I assume that any EVO tuner would be knowledgeable of making this happen, right? Thank you.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:30 AM
Evolved Member

i still cant decide. modded walbro's, or the DW300 or the AM340s.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:18 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i still cant decide. modded walbro's, or the DW300 or the AM340s.
I'm in the same boat. There is so much conflicting information on this forum that it makes it hard to figure out if there is a single pump that will handle 500+ hp on E-85 with 1450cc FI's.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by drb
I'm in the same boat. There is so much conflicting information on this forum that it makes it hard to figure out if there is a single pump that will handle 500+ hp on E-85 with 1450cc FI's.
A dw pump should be able to support 500whp. I actually just installed one and waiting on my fic 1450 to show up in the mail. I'm actually shooting for 600whp on e85. So we will see if its possible

Quick Reply: Bosch 044, Aeromotive Stealth 340, Deatschwerks DW300, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Test