Notices

Worth the hassel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth the hassel?

Im seriously considering coming up with a business plan and present it to both Transport Canada and Mitsubishi Motors Canada in regards to the Evolution.I will try and prove to them that money is there to be made and that the evolution with some modifying will meet Canadian specifications.
Now the things to think about are:
- Is it worth the time and money to do this?
-Is the demand for the car in Canada high enough? (I know many DSM guys and lancer guys that would jump all over this)

Now dont think I am doing this to get rich or jack up the prices of the evolution like Motorex did in the states with the skyline. But I am sure that the research and development will not be cheap. I am in no way trying to man money. I just like many of you are die hard evo fans.
Please give me your imput and an points that you think I should add or research.

Thanks Callum.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, it's hassle.

I don't think that you would need to write up a business plan unless you are going to start the business. I would write more of a formal letter to Mitsubishi and maybe just provide some information on the demand for the STI in Canada and they might consider it. Now I am not sure if the Evo X is going to be released in Canada or not but maybe they are already going to release the Evo X in Canada. If you decide to go through with this, good luck.