Notices

Canadian Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
FAV
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Evo

hey guys, i found this on Ebay, i struck me as wierd and firgured you guys might have some insight, an evo for sale in Canada?!?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

whats wrong with an evo for sale in canada?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

I heard there were about 20 that slipped in, but seeing as this guy is a Zero rating, has a bad description... I think it's Bogus.

CuLAZR17: The Evos are not legal in Canada due to 5mph crash testing.... it exceeds maximum limit on $$ to fix. Not legal, no way around it.. don't bother trying .. that's why I'm still working in the States.. haha
Old Jan 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
FAV
Evolving Member

Yeah i kinda figured it was a scam, not that i would buy it anyway
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:46 PM

TODAY
I just saw a yellow one in langley, bc
parked so I got a good look...with my own eyes
twas insured w/ bc plates, totally legit (was smuggled as oz or something I was told)
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

how is good ole BC.. i need to take a trip out there.. thats where all my "bud" came from when i went to school in oshawa, ont.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 06:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You can own and sell an evo in canada no problem, you just cant register it to be licensed on the road. It needs to be track/show only.

There were a couple that slipped in from what ive been told aswell.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brianday000
TODAY
I just saw a yellow one in langley, bc
parked so I got a good look...with my own eyes
twas insured w/ bc plates, totally legit (was smuggled as oz or something I was told)
The guy that owns it works at wolfe mitsu in Langley. It wasn't smuggled thats for sure, he got it sent to Vancouver way before the vehicle was tested for crash ratings. There is one other legit EVO somewhere in Burnaby I think....
Old Jan 31, 2007, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

car is legit, no scam

came in second in the Quebec Tuner Challenge

Boisvert Mitsubishi Employee car... One of the owners has a EVO8MR and an EVO5
Old Jan 31, 2007, 07:48 AM
FAV
Evolving Member

friggen weird, so would he be able to sell it to another canadian, and have the registration changed over or will he have to sell it to an american??
Old Jan 31, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

no, once it's passed registration in Canada you can sell the car anywhere, I heard that this vehicle was a resalvage, and from the VIN it is looking like a RA than an evo.

That car in Langley, that is Henry's he's a nice guy, met him and that car a few years back at a lancer cruise.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 08:07 AM
FAV
Evolving Member

the vin is clearly that of an evo H8 in the 5&6 position is that of an evo, as well as the engine code D in the 8th position is for the 4g63, so some lucky person in canada could buy this evo and have it registered under their own name, thats cool
Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know that particular car. It's a 2004 Evo VIII originally from the USA. It was a used car picked up by Cite Mitsubishi in late 2004/early 2005. The car was in rough shape. Lots of cheap mods. Looked like it had been beaten pretty badly. Lots of drag racing, etc.

The boys at Cite Mitsu were unable to sell the car (not legal to register for the street). They drove it around on X-plates for a few months. The guys at Boisvert wanted the car (the owner had recently rolled his Evo 4 in a rally). Cite was glad to get rid of it.

During the time Boisvert has had the car, it's been pretty much a track b1tch and test mule. It's been tracked a lot. It's been modded a lot. Now they need to sell it since their 6 months of x-plate use are up.

I personally would not buy that car. It's been driven hard by at least 3 owners (original, Cite, and Boisvert). It's lived a hard life. And you will NOT be able to register it for street use.

If you want an "off-road use only" Evo 8, just buy a nice example from the USA.

Emre
Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
There's actually some evo 8s in the Canadian Rally series, but obviously they are not driven on the street. There is one (maybe two) evos in Calgary that are legal, I think. I just think it's far too much of a hassle to try to worm one into the country, I'd hate to pay 50000$ for a car (remember conversion rate) only to be told I can't drive it on the streets and it needs to be towed to the track.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:27 PM

There is one (maybe two) evos in Calgary that are legal, I think
You sir are correct - there are two of us in Calgary. One Silver and One white...both of us are on the forums (once in a while)....

There's actually some evo 8s in the Canadian Rally series, but obviously they are not driven on the street
The EVO's that are in the Canadian Rally series are street legal - they are driven on public roads inbetween stages on their transits.....

Last edited by 4warned; Feb 5, 2007 at 03:29 PM.