Notices

Importing an Evo into Canada (Merged because Dan is such a swell dude)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2007, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought of that already, do u own a place or r u a resident of the US, do u have a US license currently, and or a social security #?

getting a US drivers license is no walk in the park.....its a ***** to be quite honest
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by FatTony001
all right, I got one for you guys...

I'am canadian but have a US residence...

I buy the Evo VIII in the US plate with US insurrance
to a US citicent in the US who drive's it to canada (legal here)
He goes back by plane and leave the EVO in my hands in canada...

Then swith the proprety of the car the me the canadian citicent
with still US plate and US insurrance...

After 6 month the car goes back in the US...

Good or not?
legally it's ok
A US guy enters canada= ok
leave the car in CAN= I drive it for 6 months
I don't think that'd work since you'd be trying to switch ownership of an illegal car. It's also spelt citizen not citicent, if you can't get that right I don't think you should be trying to cheat the government.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes I have a place in the US
And why would it be an illigal car?!! (in this situation; it's an american owning
a US car who drive it in canada for a few months...)

And for the spealling error, give me a break!! i'm speak french

anymore input?

Last edited by FatTony001; Aug 25, 2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

It's not worth it, end of story. There is no way to get an evo up here currently and if you try to screw the system you'll end up with a very sore ***.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 01:20 PM

look if you don't have any thing good to say
just stay out of it ok!!

I can read all the post of others who says it's difficult to roll
in a evo in Canada, but it's not impossible!!!!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

it is impossible unless you want a pure race car, meaning you have no plan on driving it on the road and have no need to register it. You're not the first person to want to do this, people have been trying since the evo arrived in the States and no one has done it yet. Do you not think there's a reason for this?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FatTony001
yes I have a place in the US
u have a place? so do i...

r u a RESIDENT...do u have a residency card? are u able to get a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

this really sucks for you guys, us in the US want to get our hands on the GTR and you guys want the evo. i have a solution you could look into, it would be work but would be LEGAL. alright you take a base model lancer and find a salvaged US evo or buy one. basically you do a conversion on the base lancer with the evo parts. you never change the a-frame so its still considered a base lancer but it will be an evo. the base lancer shares the exact a-frame as the evo. in japan there is 19 models of the lancer and every 9th one becomes an evo. it will take some welding, body work and some money but it would be cheaper than spending 54K for an 8.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoRS06
this really sucks for you guys, us in the US want to get our hands on the GTR and you guys want the evo. i have a solution you could look into, it would be work but would be LEGAL. alright you take a base model lancer and find a salvaged US evo or buy one. basically you do a conversion on the base lancer with the evo parts. you never change the a-frame so its still considered a base lancer but it will be an evo. the base lancer shares the exact a-frame as the evo. in japan there is 19 models of the lancer and every 9th one becomes an evo. it will take some welding, body work and some money but it would be cheaper than spending 54K for an 8.
r u sure the frame is the same?? the body panels match up and everything? i dont think thats true...
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoRS06
this is what i read on another forum

Originally Posted by AlexPinoy-CE9A
hahaha you guys sure are funny. its alot cheaper to turn a older(93-96 97-01) mirage into an evo then to buy one (but takes more time) because the 4G63T bolts right in and the body panels are direct bolt in also. but turning a lancer (02-06) into an evo is very hard cos the 4G63 doesnt bolt in and the body panels arent the same so major modification is required.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:19 AM

So does anyone know how many EVO's have been landed in Canada, I used to work at a mits dealer here in SK and we have one come through for service. The kid that had it did not know they were black listed, drove it to the border without paperwork. It sat at the border for two days and then it was let through, here in Saskatchewan it is legal to plate the Evo and the plates/insurance cost the same as my Ralliart. There are landed Evo's that are being driven, I just would like to know how many are up here. I am looking to buy one if anyone has one for sale.
Has anyone rebadged / vin an evo as a ralliart to bring it across.
Let me restate, the evo is inadmissible, but if you can get it across IS platible (at least in Saskatchewan).
Old Dec 14, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Vin swapping is illegal and is a great way to get a perfectly good evo crushed. I would wager less than 100 evos are in Canada right now.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by partsman t
So does anyone know how many EVO's have been landed in Canada, I used to work at a mits dealer here in SK and we have one come through for service. The kid that had it did not know they were black listed, drove it to the border without paperwork. It sat at the border for two days and then it was let through, here in Saskatchewan it is legal to plate the Evo and the plates/insurance cost the same as my Ralliart. There are landed Evo's that are being driven, I just would like to know how many are up here. I am looking to buy one if anyone has one for sale.
Has anyone rebadged / vin an evo as a ralliart to bring it across.
Let me restate, the evo is inadmissible, but if you can get it across IS platible (at least in Saskatchewan).
this sounds like bull**** about the evo allowed in SK... lol how r they exceptions to the rule?
Old Dec 15, 2007, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
this sounds like bull**** about the evo allowed in SK... lol how r they exceptions to the rule?
Call SGI (sask gov insurance) (306) 683-2100 and ask how much to plate.

I assure you we serviced one here a year ago and even did warranty work on it.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Are you sure you're not talking about plating and insuring evos that are exempt from the rules (like in Alberta)?

Quick Reply: Importing an Evo into Canada (Merged because Dan is such a swell dude)