Notices

08 Rust Issue! - Please Read

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Rust Issue! - Please Read

Listen up everyone,
After I cleaned my car one day, I noticed a rust spot on my hood (where the hood meets the front bumper.)
I went to the dealer, they said it’s a stone chip and not their problem, therefore the 7 year corrosion warranty will not cover it (they said the corrosion warranty only covers rust that goes threw the car…but who the hell is going to wait that long to get a rust spot fixed on a new car!)
I argued because the rust spot started to bubble, and I also found some other small rust spots on my car, but nothing was fixed for me.
Anyways, at the most recent Fairview meet, I was looking at ‘whitelancerGTS’ car, and I noticed he had a rust spot exactly like mine in basically the same spot….and just now ‘fatyin’ (who also lives in the GTA) just posted that he has the exact same rust issue on his car…
…so now I’m thinking, three 08 lancers, all from Toronto, all with rust the same area…so, there must be more, right?
Do me a favour everyone, check your cars for rust…if you find some, post it up here.
I think all of us who have rust should get together, go to one dealership, and argue this until they fix it under warranty…or we can even write a letter to head office with pictures and all sign it…something
What do we have to lose right?
I think is BS how Mitsubishi says they have the best backed cars in the world but have endless loopholes to get out of everything and make the customer pay…
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

will take a look tomm.....thats pretty retarded though.....how they dont cover anything that actually could happen....lol....im sure if there is a bunch of us with this problem, they will take care of it.....well they better!!! cuz an 08 car should def not rust already!!!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

yea i do have that **** on my car. it looks nasty.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:38 AM

im going to the dealer tonite cuz my car has been pullin to the left. i'll check for rust and if i find any i'll raise some hell and see what they say.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got the rust protection stuff thrown in, i was under the impression that any rust means body work, its what you paid for right.

no one wants to drive around a car that has been beat up by rust

Look into the vin numbers of the cars you saw having the same problem, and see if you can track down the lot number of the cars as well. its possible their could have been an issue
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:07 PM

I have the 06 Lancer and got a few stonechips on my hood too but no rust bubbles like you said razo. I got a few before the winter which i didn't get a chance to do some touch ups but they're still fine...so if all the 08s have the same problem you might want to look into discuss this issue with some one higher than the dealers.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:25 PM

Mitsubishi is really pissing me off when it comes to getting warrenty work done...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up...I will definitely keep a look out on this one. I'm actually looking on buying a clear coat protector for the front.

I will update this thread if I find out something.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 06:39 PM

i went to my dealer but i didnt find n e rust...thank god...im a keep an eye out for it tho thanks for the heads up.
good luck
Old Feb 21, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

i'll check mine too razo.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:48 PM

il keep an eye out too ... post some pics if you can ... but i dont think mine would have some yet only had it for about 1 month
Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

i dont see anything on mine razo. i did have some paint chip on the front pumper side but nothing on my hood