Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, ok then.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have twisted arms at Four Star but it looks like I can get the dyno on a Weekend
Now deciding between March 29th or April 12th those are the dates. Although the present difficulty for Mitsubishi Head office to give me the EVO X, I will see what can be done.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Good News,

1. Weekend Dyno
I have twisted the arms of Four Star to allow for a Saturday Dyno Day, This will ease the worries about not being able to make during the work week.

2. Still deciding on the final date, it has been narrowed down to either
A) Saturday March 29th 2008
B) Saturday April 12th 2008.

3. Time
The hours will be 9:00am to about 5:00pm last rounds >> Done by 6:00 PM
If you have a loud car please, take not that noise by laws are not exactly strict, but they are enforced, so try not to rip up the road on your way there.

4. the dyno will print out the results you want to see, on the chart you can have things like the standard TQ and HP numbers also Boost levels, the dyno does everything so you can see it all on the computer terminal and print what you want

The moderately bad news is, there will be more people so your ability to have multiple pulls may be hampered. I say maybe, we would have to see how time goes.
I one the date has been confirmed I will start taking money/booking time slots. The loading and unloading of the car is not exactly quick but reasonable, considering the additional features of the dyno such as WIDEBAND inputs etc..., so Iwill be booking everything in 30 minute - 45 minute slots. If your not their by your assigned time then you will have to wait or work it out with the guy behind you.

Feel Free to vote now which date sounds better to your guys, I will take your input into consideration along with everyone elses.
Choose wisely Deadline is this Friday and then I decide the date
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Saturday April 12th.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:27 PM

apr 12th
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hey soul, will we get at least two pulls? To make sure there was no faults/mistakes/whatevers during the first one, or is it looking like a one shot deal?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:11 AM
Former Sponsor

It looks like it is confirmed, the 12th, my assistant is going to help me put together a time sheet to allow everyone to book a time slot and I will also budget time for people that are late or miss their slot, so they dont have to wait for ever. Getting the slot you want is first come first serve. So when I setup the system for payment and or local cash payment, you select your time and from there you can trade it with someone else, do what you will with it just know that it is final sale, if you do not have time to hit the dyno, and you were there on time, you will get your run, if not on that day late night, at a later time of your choosing, but the key here is you gotta arrive at your time slot. Here is why, I am the one organizing it, I am also not profiting from this, I own the dyno for the day and I am just covering my costs thats it. Which brings me to the price.

Here is what will happen. the price will be set at 70 dollars, (now before you boo, tar and feather me, let me explain.)

the price is 65 dollars, but this few extra dollars allows me to build a slightly smaller reserve to cover anything unexpected. should I have the left over reserve you should get a 5 dollar refund and or, I will donate that reserve to charity. where everyone who participated will have a vote. (1 vote)

Now let me explain some of the good things that may happen, I am also working to ensure that we have a nice setup to entertain us between dyno rounds. Best case senario, we may have an entertainment bus by Microsoft Canada, or Sony there. Which means we might be able to have a bit of fun. (still working out something)

I will try to get alot of finger snack food their as well as water and juice. please no spiking the punch bowl.

I have two sets of brand new plugs being donated for
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official 12th April 2008
Price: 70 dollars
(if everyone is on time, then a excess reserve will be refunded or donated) since this is a dictatorship,,, eeer I mean democracy we will vote what to do, I may even decide to do a 50/50 draw in that case where the person who wins can decide the charity, we will see as we get closer to the date.)
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hydrolikz
Hey soul, will we get at least two pulls? To make sure there was no faults/mistakes/whatevers during the first one, or is it looking like a one shot deal?
if we were doing it on the weekday, then ya you can have multiple shots at it.

it looks like you will get one shot mounted on the dyno, and 3 pulls or 4 if its just looking terrible. or if you can do a very fast swap of hardware you will be able to do that.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

^Alright cool.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 06:10 AM
Former Sponsor

I am still speaking with Mitsubishi HQ to figure out if I do get my way with having the EVO X MR for the weekend dyno day, I am also attempt to get my hands on the RalliArt version as well. For those who are curious to see Mitsubishi's higher end offerings.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I am also attempt to get my hands on the RalliArt version as well.
I really hope you would be able to get the RalliArt! That would make my day and a half!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:41 PM

I am still speaking with Mitsubishi HQ to figure out if I do get my way with having the EVO X MR for the weekend dyno day, I am also attempt to get my hands on the RalliArt version as well. For those who are curious to see Mitsubishi's higher end offerings.
the MR is prolly not even gonna be out yet
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gtagsr
the MR is prolly not even gonna be out yet
The Cars dont come from the dealership but Mitsubishi Head office, there is an MR floating around as well as I think the Unserialized Ralliart, no idea if its production spec or has more power then its suppost to
Old Mar 12, 2008, 06:14 AM

The Cars dont come from the dealership but Mitsubishi Head office, there is an MR floating around as well as I think the Unserialized Ralliart, no idea if its production spec or has more power then its suppost to
nice if u can somehow get a hold of that that would be badass for your event...i wonder if head office would notice if i traded seats
Old Mar 12, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

April 12th sounds good as long as it doesnt freakin snow!
i want to put on my summers for the run.

Quick Reply: ~~~ Dyno Day >> March / April in the GTA area