Notices

Think WE got the short end of the Lancer stick? Think again...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats the old lancer model that would be our Mirage...keep in mind guys that every country besides ours has had Lancers instead of Mirages.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.ph/...ncer/index.htm

mitsu philippines has their version of the Lancer. Their MX model is focused on Luxury as well...full leather interior with wood grain, JDM Headlights chrome housing instead of black, INVECS III trans with Sporttronic shifting! which is based off of BMWs Sporttronic shifters. In Dash TV and 6 disc holder. Front drivers eye wear holder and lights! [that center dome in our US Lancers dont work for sh*t when in the middle of no where trying to read a road map with tiny *** letters] and their arm rest is elevated like vans but it still retains its compartment under it. pretty nifty stuff...all the small things can make a good difference. On the performance side, for those of you comparing HP figures and Displacement the Lancers in the Philippines sport the 4g93 motor [the motor code they put on the specs page is wrong] its the Mirages 1.8L motor with only 110hp but we all do know that the 2.0L motor we have in our Lancers is basically a stroked Mirage 1.8L right? yeah.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

let me add a few more things...i've been talking to Club Mitsu Philippines and they've told me they have a MIVEC version of their Lancer and they also have optional front and rear sensors.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by Guru_Del

I have a feeling he was being a smartass as in India they do not eat Cows as they are regarded to be sacred. Thus making leather interior probably not a standard option.
It's offered on the SLXi apparently.