Notices

Ask yourself... Can our car do this lol NOOO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I highly doubt that, I have seen many AWD cars in ditches/trashed, the car is more or less irrelevant, it's purely based on the driver.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where can i get that jacket that lady is wearing but it mens SIZE LoL hahahha i would rock that anyday
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
I highly doubt that, I have seen many AWD cars in ditches/trashed, the car is more or less irrelevant, it's purely based on the driver.
sounds like this guy has crashed an AWD car before and just thinks they dont do anything because he himself is a bad driver. lol.

its common sense that AWD cars are better than FWD cars in weather conditions like we have! or else they wouldn't ADVERTISE it! its not that hard to understand that they could be safer and more reliable in winter conditions.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by homieG
sounds like this guy has crashed an AWD car before and just thinks they dont do anything because he himself is a bad driver. lol.

its common sense that AWD cars are better than FWD cars in weather conditions like we have! or else they wouldn't ADVERTISE it! its not that hard to understand that they could be safer and more reliable in winter conditions.
Actually I've never crashed any car and I've taken a few racing classes and participated in numerous track days, but thanks for playing.
You seem to be completely missing the point, a car is only as good as it's driver. If your argument is purely that because they advertise it, it's true, you are truly naive.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for playing? playing what?

my argument is that AWD is BETTER with winter tires on compared to FWD with snow tires! not that hard to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydva0Ce3brk

thats not in english, but if you have eyes, you will be able to see what im tlaking about! WOW!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD would already add more pork weight to an already porky car.

the weight to power ratio is terrible
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

^ AWD would also help you get out easier if you got stuck in snow!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Why are you guys arguing about it?

AWD > FWD > RWD in adverse weather conditions with equal tires AND equal drivers.

A RWD car can survive just about as well as an AWD car in deep snow with a safe driver. But, I can undeniably go faster (and safer) in snow with equal tires than a C2 could. Otherwise I would've saved the money and just bought a C2.

To a point, a car is only as good as it's driver, but if that was the only factor then, well... I'd be driving the cheapest piece of crap I could find and be smoking GTRs and Evo Xs. Not really, but you see my point. Without S-AWC do you think the X would be anywhere near as fast?

I agree with you completely Amby, it really makes a much smaller difference than people think, and we get all sorts of idiots here. You really think your big SUV with CostCo all-seasons can do more in the snow than my C4 with snow tires JUST because it is an SUV with super fancy 4x4-ness. No... And I'll see you tomorrow when you run head-on into the freeway divider. But that isn't the point being made here by the people against you amby, their point is that, with equal drivers and equal tires awd is safer than fwd. They may be in the league of the idiots I described above who think that AWD makes you godly compared to FWD, rather than just realizing it gives you a slight advantage.

Also: Everyone, remember that none of that matters when stopping or turning (unless you are on the gas while turning). The main (and really only) place that AWD matters is with acceleration.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by homieG
thanks for playing? playing what?

my argument is that AWD is BETTER with winter tires on compared to FWD with snow tires! not that hard to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydva0Ce3brk

thats not in english, but if you have eyes, you will be able to see what im tlaking about! WOW!
And my point is that the difference in capabilities between the two drivetrain arrangements is negligible compared to the difference between the drivers in relations to how the two affect the safety/ability of a car in extreme conditions.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Why are you guys arguing about it?

AWD > FWD > RWD in adverse weather conditions with equal tires AND equal drivers.

A RWD car can survive just about as well as an AWD car in deep snow with a safe driver. But, I can undeniably go faster (and safer) in snow with equal tires than a C2 could. Otherwise I would've saved the money and just bought a C2.

To a point, a car is only as good as it's driver, but if that was the only factor then, well... I'd be driving the cheapest piece of crap I could find and be smoking GTRs and Evo Xs. Not really, but you see my point. Without S-AWC do you think the X would be anywhere near as fast?

I agree with you completely Amby, it really makes a much smaller difference than people think, and we get all sorts of idiots here. You really think your big SUV with CostCo all-seasons can do more in the snow than my C4 with snow tires JUST because it is an SUV with super fancy 4x4-ness. No... And I'll see you tomorrow when you run head-on into the freeway divider. But that isn't the point being made here by the people against you amby, their point is that, with equal drivers and equal tires awd is safer than fwd. They may be in the league of the idiots I described above who think that AWD makes you godly compared to FWD, rather than just realizing it gives you a slight advantage.

Also: Everyone, remember that none of that matters when stopping or turning (unless you are on the gas while turning). The main (and really only) place that AWD matters is with acceleration.
I understand all that, I just disagree that forcing everyone to drive an AWD car will make the roads a safer place.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:22 PM

man, u guys fight over the dumbest ****, like little children
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I understand all that, I just disagree that forcing everyone to drive an AWD car will make the roads a safer place.
Ah, well then, my mistake. I agree with your disagreement for sure. Idiot drivers will be idiot drivers no matter what they're in.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

As an obvious example, look at some of the younger (18 or so) drivers in our local Subaru club. They have 300 HP, good tires and AWD yet they somehow slide everywhere.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

If that be in the snow I could understand. Most drivers out there don't know how to drive in these types of conditions. It doesn't matter if you have 85HP or 300HP AWD of FWD if you can't drive then you can't drive. Winter Driving tests should be conducted for everybody eligible. Cause if you are able to drive, and I mean safely and effectivly in the snow then you can drive in almost any condition. The problem is now if you are unable to drive safely then you should't be driving. Its a priveledge not a right!

On a side note the driver must also learn how the vehicle operates Wither it be AWD, FWD or RWD and that should be performed in controlled area under supervision. that way nobody is in harms way. I know too many people who went out got themselves a ride and wound up smashing into something because they don't know the limitations of the vehicle, again thats not problem with the vehicle thats a problem with who is behind the wheel.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by aj_pierce
If that be in the snow I could understand. Most drivers out there don't know how to drive in these types of conditions. It doesn't matter if you have 85HP or 300HP AWD of FWD if you can't drive then you can't drive. Winter Driving tests should be conducted for everybody eligible. Cause if you are able to drive, and I mean safely and effectivly in the snow then you can drive in almost any condition. The problem is now if you are unable to drive safely then you should't be driving. Its a priveledge not a right!

On a side note the driver must also learn how the vehicle operates Wither it be AWD, FWD or RWD and that should be performed in controlled area under supervision. that way nobody is in harms way. I know too many people who went out got themselves a ride and wound up smashing into something because they don't know the limitations of the vehicle, again thats not problem with the vehicle thats a problem with who is behind the wheel.
lol, will, next time u decide to write a story, break it down into chapters or something, or at least give it a title, my eyes cant handle all that

Quick Reply: Ask yourself... Can our car do this lol NOOO