Notices

Ask yourself... Can our car do this lol NOOO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO
AWD means u have more power to give it gas off the start, and gas and swurve to avoid accident w/o very much under steer or over steer

but it doesnt mean u can stop any faster...for that u need good winters and some decent brakes =D i used to drive a corolla and after driving a car w/ 4 disc brakes...the corolla just doesnt stop any more! god damn drum brakes!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
AWD just means that you potentially have more grip since you have four driving wheels vs. two, key word, potentially. AWD cars don't necessarily swerve better than others, while they may have more grip, if traction is already low (such as on snow), the extra weight of the AWD can be a disadvantage.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by waroverjp
lol, will, next time u decide to write a story, break it down into chapters or something, or at least give it a title, my eyes cant handle all that
work 24 hours with 5 hours sleep in between J. It looked fine in my head
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:03 PM

Back to original OP video, you can CLEARLY see that it is FWD as you don't see any power from the back wheel.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by absolute
IMO
AWD means u have more power to give it gas off the start, and gas and swurve to avoid accident w/o very much under steer or over steer

but it doesnt mean u can stop any faster...for that u need good winters and some decent brakes =D i used to drive a corolla and after driving a car w/ 4 disc brakes...the corolla just doesnt stop any more! god damn drum brakes!
i've driven my friends 05 subaru RS impreza, an 06 STI and of course my own 00 2.5RS, to my surprise all three actually had substantial understeer to my disappointment (all three with factory suspension). though i've been told that luckily it is not hard to correct this with the right upgrades.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Subarus are set to understeer from the factory. Drivers have to make adjustments. Cook a corner entry in a Subaru (GC, GG, GD, whatever) and it will basically just plow in a straight line. Slow in, fast out is the order of the day. Which is not such a bad idea because their ABS sucks. Luckily my STi swapped Impreza doesn't have ABS.