Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take my car to the dealer whenever there is a new flash, never have a problem with them doing it. On the otherhand, I took the car in last month for severe noise coming from the brakes, turns out it was my caliper pins were sticking, they wanted me to pay for brake servicing(you know where I told them to stick that). Oh, did I forget to mention that the week before I was in Chicago and the same thing had happened but...WARRANTIED. I had the paperwork from the dealer in Chicago and even showed them and told them that how do they expect me to pay for something when it was done for free at another dealer. On top of that, they tried to stick me with a $60 inspection/diagnostic...lol, never paid that one(told them where to put that one too) I was going to talk to Mitsu Canada but the issue has seemed to go away. Anyways thats my two cents.

chris
Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wazzuuuup
I take my car to the dealer whenever there is a new flash, never have a problem with them doing it. On the otherhand, I took the car in last month for severe noise coming from the brakes, turns out it was my caliper pins were sticking, they wanted me to pay for brake servicing(you know where I told them to stick that). Oh, did I forget to mention that the week before I was in Chicago and the same thing had happened but...WARRANTIED. I had the paperwork from the dealer in Chicago and even showed them and told them that how do they expect me to pay for something when it was done for free at another dealer. On top of that, they tried to stick me with a $60 inspection/diagnostic...lol, never paid that one(told them where to put that one too) I was going to talk to Mitsu Canada but the issue has seemed to go away. Anyways thats my two cents.

chris
whats this new flash stuff,i have never had one done but i hear alot of ppl have
Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

I drove down to Vancouver last week which is about 375km each way. When I got back I washed my car and counted 87 new rock chips! I have the hood deflector and RA mud flaps and I still have over 120 rock chips on my car. My car looks like it has a polka-dot paint job. My service manager let it slip that they don't clear coat our cars. They do 1 coat of an epoxy based paint that is supposed to act as a clear coat, if u do 3 or 4 coats. I took my car to 2 autobody shops and they said that the new lancers have by far the worse paint out there and fight to get them to fix the chips and put actual clear coat on it. I have a buddy at an autobody shop that is going to clear coat it but I'm fighting with about paying to fix their ****ty paint job. On my 85 Ram, that's been in the family since new, I can count the rock chips on one hand and it freakin 23 years old not 6 months.
Also my Bluetooth is F'd. Whenever I answer a call it auto goes to max volume and blasts my ear drums. said my phone isn't compatible but it is on their list of approved phones. They now say they can't fix it and won't replace it with a new BT.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
wow sounds like you got ****ted on,i have none of those problems with mine
lol What are you talking about Infamous, " ACTS OF GOD" have already attacked your car
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
lol What are you talking about Infamous, " ACTS OF GOD" have already attacked your car
very true,i got ****ted on bad,but the acts of god got me around the crap mitsu paint,at no cost to me,so it works out in the long run,and i pretty much got a new body too,however i probabily just cursed myself now
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
whats this new flash stuff,i have never had one done but i hear alot of ppl have
flashes like the door locks, sticking rpm, I cant think of the other off the top of my head
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

flashes like the door locks, sticking rpm, I cant think of the other off the top of my head
ah i get it now
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Im probably leave my paint for another year then I'll have the car completely re-painted because with all the rock chips the exposed metal is starting to rust.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:51 PM

I put stars over my rusty patches
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

My car has 70000kms on it so obviously alot of things are already showing wear and tear, thats why the paint looks so horrible.

I dunno if any of you have that much mileage or more, but you'll see as you start racking them up on the lancer alot of stuff will start to go south.

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Feb 19, 2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:26 PM

you guys almost make me regret buying my lancer =X
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

My car has 11,500kms on it and has over 120 rock chips. I wonder if I will have any paint left when I reach 70,000kms. Hey maybe in year or two my car will go from octane blue to looking like the rotor glow when all the bare metal rusts
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

what do you mean by sticking rpm
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:34 PM

if i were to have read this 6 months ago, i think i wouldn't be driving a lancer now....
*sigh....
none of these problems exist on my car, so i guess i'll enjoy it till then...
*sigh....

just my 2 cents, i've been to the markham dealership once and the service sucked ***....plus i saw their garage, they had about 3-5 cars in it, and it was PACKED! I guess it will take forever to do any type of service work there..
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:00 AM

17,000kms on my car and it was rusting back when it had 5,000.... though they told me it was "brake dust" and that it would come off... and did it? No...

Quick Reply: ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?