Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
My car has 11,500kms on it and has over 120 rock chips. I wonder if I will have any paint left when I reach 70,000kms. Hey maybe in year or two my car will go from octane blue to looking like the rotor glow when all the bare metal rusts
That would be one wicked "Custom" paint job.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:22 PM

what the heck.. if i woulda read this i would be second guessing my choice in buying a lancer.. hopefully these west coast lancers are built better ? :P

i really hope non of these problems start on my car now that i read all this.. so far it doesnt pull to the left but only a 1000K on it
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:42 PM

yea so far i'm at 4000k in just over 2 months and no pulling to the left....i use to have the no start problem..but seems to have went away..i haven't had it in a month (knock on wood)...but that was an easy fix...i just re-clutched and started the engine again...

i need to clean my car to see if i have rock chips..but i do have one on my bottom front skirt..
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:13 PM

Well my car's an Automatic and doesn't wanna start sometimes.... boo.

I have bare metal showing on my hood, rust spots under the stars, and tons and tons of scratches from who knows...
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

CF evo style hood once mine rusts out =) better than going to mitsu and gettin assraped for a OEM lancer hood hahah
Old Feb 20, 2009, 03:13 PM

^^ +1. The CF X style hood is SEXY.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can we keep this thead on topic, also if possible can you please clean up your posts if contains semi foul lingo.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

need major improvement on service department at the dealership!

-they show no grace to loyal customers
-will not warant parts that's done outside of mitsubishi (even if you change with OEM parts)
-slow to show help, quick to charge bill

-aside from service department, my main issue was the tire wear issue with my 08 lancer GTS and how mitsubishi handled the situation.

*dealership did not warantee it as they blamed on dunlop manufacture.
dunlop blames on mitsubishi saying it was alignment issue.
*this issue went seesaw back and forth, while mitsubishi and dunlop had zero communication. i had to do the talking between two sides to get my issue straightened out.
*in the end, dunlop offered 50% off on their over priced winter sled and i backed off on that deal and get me a decent set of all-seasons. it was a night and day difference between dunlop and my new all-seasons (comparing new to new)

-lessons mitsubishi should learn from my experience?
dunlop sp5000 is the most unreliable all-season tire for canadian winter. must get safer tires
mitsubishi NEEDS to have a communication department that deals with their sub-trades (ie. dunlop)
needs better service department as they tend to be very defensive and not serving the public. this is a double negative especially for such a company with little competitive edge.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jappaswat
need major improvement on service department at the dealership!

-they show no grace to loyal customers
-will not warant parts that's done outside of mitsubishi (even if you change with OEM parts)
-slow to show help, quick to charge bill

-aside from service department, my main issue was the tire wear issue with my 08 lancer GTS and how mitsubishi handled the situation.

*dealership did not warantee it as they blamed on dunlop manufacture.
dunlop blames on mitsubishi saying it was alignment issue.
*this issue went seesaw back and forth, while mitsubishi and dunlop had zero communication. i had to do the talking between two sides to get my issue straightened out.
*in the end, dunlop offered 50% off on their over priced winter sled and i backed off on that deal and get me a decent set of all-seasons. it was a night and day difference between dunlop and my new all-seasons (comparing new to new)

-lessons mitsubishi should learn from my experience?
dunlop sp5000 is the most unreliable all-season tire for canadian winter. must get safer tires
mitsubishi NEEDS to have a communication department that deals with their sub-trades (ie. dunlop)
needs better service department as they tend to be very defensive and not serving the public. this is a double negative especially for such a company with little competitive edge.

very well said and exactly what I've been saying. No matter what the issue is with your car they are always quick to come up with the "no fault found" line when having something checked under warranty.

I still can't believe Mitsubishi hasn't seen the obvious pattern with problems and complaints with their cars from the customers. I don't know how they can expect to run a business when they keep giving the same customers that are keeping this company a float the run around. It's sad to say this but in the end the people that bought these cars and that have dealt with these headaches are kind of to blame for not getting together on these issues and tackling this head on as a large group. Perhaps threatening legal action if Mitsubishi didn't step up to the plate and answer to the problems they've kept turning away from, because when I did go into the dealership and made a huge fuss and threaten legal action magically they were able to replace the tires and "pull strings through head office" according to them. As soon as the tires were replaced Chris Cooke put on my file that I was not allowed back into the dealership and if I did to call the cops...sounds to me like they were affraid of something?

It took me going into Dixie Mitsubishi on two different occausions and literally yelling inside the dealership to get anything done on my car. When I first brought up the alignment issues to them shortly after buying the car they noticed the car pulling. Then after every single time I went back to the dealership to complain that the car was still the same they're story changed from finding an issue to not finding an issue at all with the car...how does the car magically fix itself? They even sent a rep out to see the car various times and each time they claimed the car had no issues, along with that low life they call Chris Cooke. It took a mechanic from their dealership and another one to tell me the pull was very noticable and that indeed Mitsubishi was having issues with the lancers. Yet if you talked to Chris Cooke or anybody at Dixie Mitsubishi I was the one imagining things and that nothing was gonna be done to my car because the rep had the final say. It's quite interesting that the next day I brought the car into the dealership on a Saturday and the mechanic took the car out for a drive, stated the car had a problem and another work order was opened over the issue. Great! Well the copy of the work order I was suppose to get went to the GM from Dixie Zahid Ghaffer so he could help out in the situation because nothing was getting done through Chris Cooke. The work order remained open because I had to setup another appointment to drop off my car but magically when I called in somebody had gone in the system and changed it...now the red flags go up and I start to ask questions. Why would it be changed from problem found to "no fault found", isn't a mechanics word valid? Why would a mechanic go into the system to changed it on Monday? Did he think long and hard over it over his day off on Sunday? Nope. I came to find out that the mechanic wasn't aware of this and that indeed Chris Cooke had used the mechanics pin, or whatever they have to punch into the system, to change the status of the work order and to close it. How come this was done? Chris Cooke ended up admitting to it later in the week when I had a blow up in the dealership...his story just didn't sound right at all.

It's too bad that I didn't record these conversations, the people I spoke to, document how many times I went into the dealership with my car, take down which reps came to see my car, or the people I spoke to from head office, and written a letter to head office and wait for a reply from them as requested by our lawyer. I would of taken legal action against the dealership, Mitsubishi Canada, and done everything possible in this world to make sure Chris Cooke wouldn't work another day for Mitsubishi.

That's why everybody on here or that owns the lancer should keep records of everything, not just the work orders, but note when you brought your car in, who you spoke to, what was said, what the problems were, and what was done. I can't stress that enough when your dealing with a company like Mitsubishi or a dealership like Dixie Mitsubishi. If anything does ever happen interms of a class action lawsuit or a legal matter on your own, you have records of everything.

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Feb 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 03:44 AM

thanks for the heads up...dixie mitsubishi is the closest to me and i was thinking of going there when my services are due, but looks like not anymore...

anyone have experience with oakville mitsu or brampton mitsu service departments?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 03:56 AM

Does anyone else's car take at least 5 - 10 mins before the windshield even starts to defrost?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
Does anyone else's car take at least 5 - 10 mins before the windshield even starts to defrost?
Mine does that too. But I think the car just needs to warm up before the heat starts up.

I'm taking my car to Markham Mitsu for service next Wed and to also have them check my suspension because I'm getting the creaking/squeaking whenever the weather is cold. We'll see what they have to say then.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:02 AM

yea i get some creaking and squeaking when giong over speed bumps...

let me know how that goes boot
Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:20 AM

Hey Bootx2
I've taken my car to Markham mitsu twice and both times they're forgotten to reset my "periodic inspection" light that comes on, even after I've specifically told them to remember to reset it so I wouldn't have to come back.
I don't know if anyone else had that problem but next service change I'm going to try the one at yonge and steeles
Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:22 AM

And ya I agree with everyone here,
Tires and Paint are beyond god awful

Quick Reply: ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?