Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
The non-starting thing for me started happening in the summer. Has nothing to do with the cold, unless you meant just the suspension.

Mine doesn't squeak that I know of but then again my music is so loud I can't even hear cops coming up behind me...
nah i just ment the cold with the suspension
Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hassan123
Are these people in the service dept?
Zahid is the GM of Dixie, Nauman was my salesperson, and Chris is the service manager.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I wouldnt worry about the warranty, They have no authority to strip you of your Warranty, that letter has to come from Mitsubishi, and to date I havent seen one. Your warranty agreement is with Mitsubishi North America no the dealership, they are just a proxy.
Oh Im not worried because its pointless at this point getting anything done under warranty because they give you a hassle or not iif the car isn't even modified.

As of this spring Im just gonna start doing what I want to with the car and forget about what they have to say when I bring my car in.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:26 PM

mitsu needs to control their ****ty dealer networks.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:00 PM

I have no problem with my car ... so far. (* knock on wood *) Only thing is how come there is no auto-lock feature ???
Old Feb 23, 2009, 07:24 AM

Alright Guys since i think i have had my lancer the longest. 2 years now 70,000 clicks i will let you in on what ive been through so far.

1- First off i had the no car start problem and got stuck in ottawa for a night. Took the car to the dealer and they replaced the faulty ignition relays because the older would would let in condensation and then flash freeze over time causing it to not start.
2- Both my keys have stopped working with the automatic features. cant unlock my doors or lock them or pop the trunk unless manually done. They cant reprogram my keys unless i reinstall the factory stereo unit.
3- The seat sensors for the airbags have burnt out on me needs replacement.
4- The tire pressure monitor system is annoying having to look at all winter if you dont spend 500 dollars to get the sensors installed on your winter rims.
5- My fog lights are only lasting me a couple months at a time.
6- Radio reception is poor.
7- back window takes a long time to defrost.
8- Windshield cracked within two weeks of buying the car
9-Already seeing rust spots arount the hood.
10- Plastic panels seem loose and carbon fiber trim panels are already starting to fade.
11- Switch for the heated seats have been replaced.

As for the dealer service departments i have been to ottawa markham scarborough pickering and there all the same. they are all just trying to do there job some dealers are a little more leinient when it comes to after market parts and some are straight out of the book just the way it goes. I had an 06 ralliart and had the map sensor blow on me. went to the dealership and they told me that because of my aftermaket intake( road race short ram) that they would not replace the sensor. they wanted to charge me 250 dollars to replace it even though my car still had warranty for another 8 years. extremely frustrated i called another dealership and they replaced it for free. the service department is not very knowledgeable on the cars but they are brand new engines and one week training seminar isnt going to tell you everything you need to knowso be patient with them and they will help you out in the end.

But ever since i got the ignition relays fixed one thing is always true im not affraid of whther or not my car will start. Ive put it through hell and its always said can i have some more time and time again. Now i could sit here and state that this is an awful car to purchase there for there would be less of them on the road making the people that already own them stand out more. But i can state that i love my car and couldnt go a day without driving it thats for sure.

Last edited by Nosmatix; Feb 23, 2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone wanna start an online petition regarding various issues? ei. paint, alignment
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
Anyone wanna start an online petition regarding various issues? ei. paint, alignment
unfotunately as much as I would like to hope and wish a petition would work, I think once it hits the desk of Mitsubishi it will be laughed right out of the room.

I have a better idea that will be a win win situation for the Dealers, Mitsubishi, and more importantly, the customer. I will reveal more on this when I have everything nailed down
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

I guess that could happen since they've done sh#t anyways, but who will be laughing is the same people that bought their piece of sh#t products once you hear of Mitsubishi pulling out of the canadian market and hopefully North America.

They were almost dead in Canada at one point...
Old Feb 24, 2009, 05:17 PM

well the car is an amazing machine,.. so far paint is poor(i'm scared of rust.....), fog lights are poor, on occasion car will stall after the initial start, excess smoke is a bit embarrassing, doors don't shut properly, vehicle pulls 2 the left when pedal to the medal,
Old Feb 24, 2009, 05:42 PM

Mitsu is going to do what they want, they dont care what we think, they just look at us for what problems the car has so that they can fix it for future. you just have to expect these kind of things from a first year production, I know I did.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:35 PM

Both my wiper blades ripped apart lol. But kudos on the big wiper fluid holder thing. A year and a half and I still haven't filled it :P
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wazzuuuup
Mitsu is going to do what they want, they dont care what we think, they just look at us for what problems the car has so that they can fix it for future. you just have to expect these kind of things from a first year production, I know I did.
I have an 09 (the 2nd year) and i have all the same problems u guys got. They didn't fix any of them.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
I have an 09 (the 2nd year) and i have all the same problems u guys got. They didn't fix any of them.
LMAO exactly...even down to the paint they've had problems in the past with other models and haven't done anything to correct this ongoing issue with Mitsubishi owners.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I have a better idea that will be a win win situation for the Dealers, Mitsubishi, and more importantly, the customer. I will reveal more on this when I have everything nailed down
Mitsubishi is going to get us all free Works flash for detuning our cars, YEAH!!!!

Anyway, I went to get my oil change today and to have them take a look at the suspension. They said everything is fine, nothing wrong w/ the control arm, no abnormalities with the suspension. They said it's prob the cold weather that's freezing up the water in the cracks or whatever, and that's causing it to squeak.... so we'll see what happens in the summer time.

Oh another "pet peeve" about the car. It doesn't tell you when it's out of fluid. No indicator, just runs out on you.

Quick Reply: ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?