Notices

Ontario/Canadian Buyers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ontario/Canadian Buyers

has anyone recently bought an X in Ontario, specifically near toronto? i'm srsly looking at the MR now if i can get a good price, or wait for 2010 edition (ETA?).

but the dealer near me is still blowing smoke up my *** saying it's in high demand and charging full msrp on the 2008 model! looking for MR premium. i'm getting just shy of $60K CAN, taxes in ($53K sticker) . that's INSANE for an almost 2 model year old car.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my non-premium 2008 EVO X MR for dealer invoice pricing in Calgary. You may want to look at buying from Platinum Mitsubishi in Calgary and either driving back or transport it to ontario. Follow the link and contact Paul.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/255109/over-4000-off-evo-x/
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:19 PM

no.. it shouldn't be that high. did u try Autopark Mitsu in Burlington?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Brampton quoted me invoice + $500 on MR premium +admin pdi etc....
Also Hamilton said they will match/beat the price.....check out these two dealerships as I have had the best results/quotes from them....I am also looking for MR premium....just waiting for 0% financing....
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ethics
Brampton quoted me invoice + $500 on MR premium +admin pdi etc....
Also Hamilton said they will match/beat the price.....check out these two dealerships as I have had the best results/quotes from them....I am also looking for MR premium....just waiting for 0% financing....
Interesting what sort of # are you getting? Do you mind posting these quotes?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:11 PM
n4s

that is way too high. for a mr premium i would ask for at least $54k on the road. haven't they read the papers, global recession!!!!!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Got my RA for invoice. At the time (mid Feb) Hamilton had Lancers, including RA, for $1 over invoice, Brampton was doing $750 over invoice.
I went to Scarb and asked if they would match and they did as its alot closer to my home. I'm sure most would match.

Even though we are in a recession, I doubt dealers would be willing to go too far below invoice because they don't exactly have a parking lot full of Evo's and RA's at their dealers (not like the domestics with football fields of inventory). They aren't burdened with supply like the domestics...even though demand is low, supply is also low, thus don't have that much added storage cost. If you notice all the Mitsu dealers in the GTA are really really tiny, their inventory is quite small, staff is also very small. I think dealers know that the folks that would consider buying an Evo or RA are quite specific and not your average joe, and know their sh_t. Who else would pay that much for such a car!

However it never hurts to shoot low in your price.