Notices

Any female EVO owners?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you wanna beat that M5, get a turbo-back exhaust,intake,pipng and a decent tune and get more negative camber on the wheels and some advanced driver training and you're set. Come to lapping days at Mosport, Cayuga or Shannonville to test it out!

btw, I've seen many other female Evo drivers, especially in Toronto - Scar - Markham areas while driving. so welcome..
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

welcome to the forums!

my girlfriend and i share our evo, so that makes her a female evo owner too!

yes guys, i trust her to drive it - i was the one who thought her how to drive so i know she can handle it as good as i can!

OP - pics please?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:11 AM

Soundz like you know a thing or 2 about carz my lady Welcome to the forumz and welcome to the world of "EVOLUTION"! u made an excellent choice!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coryl
LOL...Thanks. I don't understand why more females don't buy the EVO...all my girlfriends just love it when I take them for rides...can't get the smile off their faces. Whenever anyone asks me about the car, I get this huge smile on my face. One day last week when we were in a crisis at work (I'm a nurse), one of the male nurses looked at me and said, "so how's the new car?" which put an instant smile on my face to which he said, "ah, there it is"...lol.
So if I ever have a bad day, I'll just go out and take a drive.
Heh my gf really hates my car. She's a bit shorter, so she especially hates the seats, because she says it's hard to get out of. And she also says my car is too bumpy at times and too jerky. Heh good to see a girl EVO lover. I tell her "you'll think differently if you drive it" and offered her to drive it, but since she's kinda shorter, and the seats sit a bit lower, she can't really see over the dash haha.

And welcome to the forums!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you all for the welcome.
I'm going to tell you the story of why I bought my EVO. I had been looking for a new car for quite some time, and I had decided that I wanted a car that had some comfort features and also one that would have a higher HP. As I mentioned, I used to drive a fast Roadrunner, and I'm certainly not afraid of speed. The last few cars I owned were basic cars with little HP. One day while driving one of these old cars, I got behind a car that was travelling very slowly on a two-lane highway so I went to pass him. The guy decided that he didn't want me to pass him so he increased his speed so now we were going side-by-side, with me in the lane of the oncoming traffic. Almost as soon as he increased his speed, I could see the lights of an oncoming car coming fast towards me and knew I was in trouble. The guy who wouldn't let me pass also then realised that I was in trouble, and he slowed down to try to let me in front of him, but I had also started to slow down to get back behind him, so now we were still side-by-side with that oncoming car staring me in the face. I quickly drove my car into the ditch as there was no way for me to get into my lane. That oncoming car missed me by maybe a foot...I decided that this scenario would never happen again. I believe that speed and handling ability are really important features to have in a car...it's a safety feature in my eyes, and NOW there are going to be very few cars that I won't be able to pass in my EVO. My new licence plate is going to say, "see ya"...lol
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you all for the welcome.
I'm going to tell you the story of why I bought my EVO. I had been looking for a new car for quite some time, and I had decided that I wanted a car that had some comfort features and also one that would have a higher HP. As I mentioned, I used to drive a fast Roadrunner, and I'm certainly not afraid of speed. The last few cars I owned were basic cars with little HP. One day while driving one of these old cars, I got behind a car that was travelling very slowly on a two-lane highway so I went to pass him. The guy decided that he didn't want me to pass him so he increased his speed so now we were going side-by-side, with me in the lane of the oncoming traffic. Almost as soon as he increased his speed, I could see the lights of an oncoming car coming fast towards me and knew I was in trouble. The guy who wouldn't let me pass also then realised that I was in trouble, and he slowed down to try to let me in front of him, but I had also started to slow down to get back behind him, so now we were still side-by-side with that oncoming car staring me in the face. I quickly drove my car into the ditch as there was no way for me to get into my lane. That oncoming car missed me by maybe a foot...I decided that this scenario would never happen again. I believe that speed and handling ability are really important features to have in a car...it's a safety feature in my eyes, and NOW there are going to be very few cars that I won't be able to pass in my EVO. My new licence plate is going to say, "see ya"...lol
Wow really? That guy that wouldn't let you in is quite the c*ck sucker. I hate it when people do that, and the fact that he did that on a single lane highway it would have made it so much more dangerous. But yeah the brakes on the evo helps stopping, and the suspension and tires help handling in case you have to swerve to dodge debris on the road... all safety features, haha!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rands
Wow really? That guy that wouldn't let you in is quite the c*ck sucker. I hate it when people do that, and the fact that he did that on a single lane highway it would have made it so much more dangerous. But yeah the brakes on the evo helps stopping, and the suspension and tires help handling in case you have to swerve to dodge debris on the road... all safety features, haha!
I was pretty scared, and it took me a while for the shakey feeling to pass as I sat in the ditch...I could have been killed that day, and although finances kept me from buying anything good for years after that, I decided that I would buy my dream car someday. Last month I had to buy a new car and I did much research and test drove many cars...BMW's, Subaru WRX and STI, Ford Fusion sport(aprx 250 HP), Mitsu Lancer sportback and EVO's, etc. The EVO...that was the car I wanted...I liked the look of the STI and it was amazing to drive, but my heart was with the EVO don't ask me why. Most of my friends and family said to me, "why do you need a car like that?", and many people made me feel that this was an impractical decision. Then I agreed with them until I was thinking about it one day when the song on the radio came on by Nickelback, "if today was your last day"...I decided that moment to buy the EVO! So in reality, it's Nickelback's fault I'm broke right now...lol.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:36 AM

welcome to the forums!!! coryl....have fun in your ride !!!!...
Old Sep 26, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chincster
if you wanna beat that M5, get a turbo-back exhaust,intake,pipng and a decent tune and get more negative camber on the wheels and some advanced driver training and you're set. Come to lapping days at Mosport, Cayuga or Shannonville to test it out!

btw, I've seen many other female Evo drivers, especially in Toronto - Scar - Markham areas while driving. so welcome..
Yes, I want to beat him...he told me to buy a BMW and I said that every 2nd or third car was a BMW so he had nothing special (lol)...he's actually a good friend of mine. So now he wants to show me that he can whip my butt...
I'm going to need all the help I can get so any suggestions will be welcome!
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

E39 M5... I had one. Potent car in bone stock form. Trapping around 107 in the quarter with a top speed of 300kph off the showroom floor.

If he gets side by side where traction doesn't matter (ie. highway), you will need WAY more power than stock to keep up or he'll walk you. Will run away from a stock MR easily. I'm thinking 400 AWHP to keep up.

Don't know for sure but Big Al said that a CT9A with 300 AWHP moves out like a 400 AWHP newer EVO so that's how I came up with that figure. My old swapped Subaru with super short gearing and about 300AWHP was trapping 107 and that weighs just a bit less than my current CT9A.

The E39 M5 is not a slouch on track speed corners either if suspension work was done or the front wheels are wider and can now accomodate a 275 or 285 width. Non-scientifically, I would say that with that common modification, an M5 can corner flat and as hard as my 05 EVO with 255 width tires but adjustments are trickier. You have to pick a line and commit to it with the bigger car... at least with his stock suspension.

It's 4000+ lbs. Quite a boat in slower corners and does not have anywhere the crispness nor enjoyment of an EVO at any speed.

Your success will depend on the road/course, weather conditions and the drivers' skills. Keep us updated!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Billy
E39 M5... I had one. Potent car in bone stock form. Trapping around 107 in the quarter with a top speed of 300kph off the showroom floor.

If he gets side by side where traction doesn't matter (ie. highway), you will need WAY more power than stock to keep up or he'll walk you. Will run away from a stock MR easily. I'm thinking 400 AWHP to keep up.

Don't know for sure but Big Al said that a CT9A with 300 AWHP moves out like a 400 AWHP newer EVO so that's how I came up with that figure. My old swapped Subaru with super short gearing and about 300AWHP was trapping 107 and that weighs just a bit less than my current CT9A.

The E39 M5 is not a slouch on track speed corners either if suspension work was done or the front wheels are wider and can now accomodate a 275 or 285 width. Non-scientifically, I would say that with that common modification, an M5 can corner flat and as hard as my 05 EVO with 255 width tires but adjustments are trickier. You have to pick a line and commit to it with the bigger car... at least with his stock suspension.

It's 4000+ lbs. Quite a boat in slower corners and does not have anywhere the crispness nor enjoyment of an EVO at any speed.

Your success will depend on the road/course, weather conditions and the drivers' skills. Keep us updated!
Hi Billy,
I find out today that he actually only has an M3 sedan...I had only seen it once a while back because he has two cars and babies this one (ie, no winter driving,etc) and I don't know why I had it in my mind it was an M5. So, the odds are better for me now...I think I can take that $70, 000(+) car. Here are the stats on the M3.

Wheels

Tire dimensions (front)245/40 ZR 18Tire dimensions (rear)265/40 ZR 18Wheel dimensions (front)8.5 J x 18 light alloyWheel dimensions (rear)9.5 J x 18 light alloy
Engine

Engine typeDOHC V8 32VDisplacement (ccm)3,999Stroke/bore in mm75.2/92.0Power (SAE hp @ rpm)414 @ 8,300Torque (lb-ft @ rpm)295 @ 3,900DrivetrainRear-Wheel Drive
Weight in kg

Curb weight, man/auto1,690Maximum gross weight, man/auto2,150Permitted load460Permitted axle load front/rear1,020/1,190Maximum roof load75

Performance

Top speed (km/h)250Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s)4.9/4.7
Fuel consumption

City, man/auto (L/100km)15.3/15.3Highway, man/auto (L/100 km)9.7/9.9Tank capacity in I (approx.)63
Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:29 AM

I've seen a mildly modded Evo X (intake, turbo-back exhaust) with stock suspension but modified wheel alignment at the hands of a professional driver keep up or even pass 500+hp cars, like a seriously modded STI and can out handle a M3 or M5 on a track. No, it will not win any drag races but can definitely give any $60k+ cars a run for their money. Honestly, a 400AWHP Evo is just not being fair to the other cars. That being said, the Evo has been beaten by S2Ks, so I guess all is fair in the auto world. It just goes to show what the car can do in almost stock form.

I think the best advice to car modding - get advanced driver training!!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Hi Billy,
I find out today that he actually only has an M3 sedan...I had only seen it once a while back because he has two cars and babies this one (ie, no winter driving,etc) and I don't know why I had it in my mind it was an M5. So, the odds are better for me now...I think I can take that $70, 000(+) car.

Actually the 08+ E92 M3 sedan is faster in a straight line and lots more nimble than an old E39 M5. But all is not lost, like others have echoed, driver training will go a long way.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 03:53 PM

stock Evo will not take the new M3 on a roll : /

even if its dig, the M3 will reel you in 3rd gear+

what happened to the female evo thread?

Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vince126
stock Evo will not take the new M3 on a roll : /

even if its dig, the M3 will reel you in 3rd gear+

what happened to the female evo thread?

We went off on a wee bit of a tangent, as I really need to beat that M3 and if I recall correctly I think it is a 07 model. And I will certainly look at advanced driver's training.

There must be some female EVO owners on this site?

Quick Reply: Any female EVO owners?