Notices

AJR caught counterfeiting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AJR caught counterfeiting

This is kinda old news that's been around for the past year, but just came across this blog that kinda summarizes the whole thing.

J's Racing came out with a memo to tell Ben's (AJR's current owner) father about this

http://stickydiljoe.com/2010/01/17/j...acings-father/

And here, AJR vendor on forums trying to cover up that J's made exclusive versions of the J's exhaust for them
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/great...real-fake.html

In the end, A&J Racing =
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Being a prior S2K owner, I'm pretty familiar with AJR and unfortunately, this isn't the only issue that I've heard about this company. Their customer service wasn't very impressive either. :
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by samurai85
This is kinda old news that's been around for the past year, but just came across this blog that kinda summarizes the whole thing.

J's Racing came out with a memo to tell Ben's (AJR's current owner) father about this

http://stickydiljoe.com/2010/01/17/j...acings-father/

And here, AJR vendor on forums trying to cover up that J's made exclusive versions of the J's exhaust for them
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/great...real-fake.html

In the end, A&J Racing =

Here we go again

First of all i would like to chime in right away is because J's Racing doesn't even know Ben's father, the letter is totally not written by J's Owner.

Second, i use to own an s2000 man J's exhaust is probably the worst exhaust you can purchase because they break - Even though it has nothing to do with the issue, but it connects somehow

Third - T1-R is A&J brand, they sell almost the same price of J's racing, and everything from T1-R is dyno proven, and is hard to break down. The question is Why do a own brand and copy J's Racing exhaust and name it J's racing? why not T1-R?

Fourth - T1-R sells as good as J's racing, J's racing is famous is because they are in Japan with videos and everyone digs JDM stuff. Seriously AJ-R has been running for 17 years, hence i wouldn't think they would do such a thing to destroy their own company.

Fifth - As for customer service, I had great customer service, they help me back in 1999 and ever since, i went to a lot of shop and A&J has the best rep. . .

Before this thread turns into Drama, lets just wait and see what will happen, the letter is dated 2009 April, and copying J's is a huge thing, i am sure J's file lawsuit and AJ-R would be out of business; but they are currently doing well and no sort of lawsuit on them about J's racing exhaust. Also it was posted on J's owner's blog not on the official Site, so J's has no proof or is trying to destroy AJ-R rep since they dun distribute to them anymore. Remember AJ-R was the first one to sell J's stuff in north america and has sold A lot of parts and help them with business.

Lets just wait and see what will happen at the end, i seriously don't want to see anymore bashing towards companies until proof has been made
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

damn. i heard about this. its all over revscene. i wonder if they would chime in....
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

They would no chime on revscene lets just keep it at that, I wouldn't chime in on revscene, because the people on there are haters, not people who wants to know the truth and is in the middle to see whats wrong or right.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

They haven't chimed in at all anywhere, because, but it's pretty obvious its true, i highly doubt something like this would be not true. All J's products have been pulled off AJR's website already, if that's not enough proof haha.

As for customer service, yeah they are pretty bad lol. They are good to their own people, but ****ty to everyone else. That's what I hear from everyone.

Yeah revscene is stupid haha, I wouldn't pay much attention to RS.
But J's never made a special limited batch for AJR, which AJR sold and packaged "J's" unbadged exhausts.

This whole thing is pretty funny nonetheless
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/img/de...ANADA_(13).pdf
This letter is linked from their official site, and titled AJ_Canada lol
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

yea but they didn't state it was AJ, is just the pdf file named AJ....can't put assumptions...just wait for a while and see what happens. This letter was old and was resolved already back in 2009
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by AJR-Coco
Here we go again

First of all i would like to chime in right away is because J's Racing doesn't even know Ben's father, the letter is totally not written by J's Owner.

Second, i use to own an s2000 man J's exhaust is probably the worst exhaust you can purchase because they break - Even though it has nothing to do with the issue, but it connects somehow

Third - T1-R is A&J brand, they sell almost the same price of J's racing, and everything from T1-R is dyno proven, and is hard to break down. The question is Why do a own brand and copy J's Racing exhaust and name it J's racing? why not T1-R?

Fourth - T1-R sells as good as J's racing, J's racing is famous is because they are in Japan with videos and everyone digs JDM stuff. Seriously AJ-R has been running for 17 years, hence i wouldn't think they would do such a thing to destroy their own company.

Fifth - As for customer service, I had great customer service, they help me back in 1999 and ever since, i went to a lot of shop and A&J has the best rep. . .

Before this thread turns into Drama, lets just wait and see what will happen, the letter is dated 2009 April, and copying J's is a huge thing, i am sure J's file lawsuit and AJ-R would be out of business; but they are currently doing well and no sort of lawsuit on them about J's racing exhaust. Also it was posted on J's owner's blog not on the official Site, so J's has no proof or is trying to destroy AJ-R rep since they dun distribute to them anymore. Remember AJ-R was the first one to sell J's stuff in north america and has sold A lot of parts and help them with business.

Lets just wait and see what will happen at the end, i seriously don't want to see anymore bashing towards companies until proof has been made

I can't see this comment being convincing since your user name gave it away.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

Ok guys rather than bashing on EVOm, lets just wait until see what happens, i am a happy customers. I dunno about the past about your experience samurai. . .

They chimed in Fitfreak.net .... they pulled every J's racing off the website because they said they would not deal with a company like this anymore so they both agreed on cutting the distributing.

I use to own an S2000 i bought the AJ-R edition J's racing and also 2 60RS J's racing exhaust, they both broke so the Owner AJPwR told me to try the AJ-R edition, it had the badge and everything on, but J's said that the fake didn't had the badge on and he never made the 2 piece exhaust, so its just sketchy of what J's owner says because i saw it and it seem legit.

I believe AJ-R would not do something like this, but then of my user name of course i will say that, but actually I know the owner for quite a while, I'm pretty sure that he would not do something like this to destroy his own company.

The letter was dated 2009 and now they are still in business, so i guess this issue has been solved by the two parties.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

AJR.. stands for A&J Racing?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Yep
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really sure that you should've posted this on here, especially when he is a fellow enthusiast.

Every business has issues, whether this is true or not, it doesn't affect me. I have met Ben at one of the meets, and he seems like an honest, hard working individual.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

^ +1 Ryan if u want to look at the car sometime give me a call! afternoonish ill be free
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:30 PM

any comments that one has on a situation like this should be kept to themselves until a verdict or conclusion on the situation is done.

Quick Reply: AJR caught counterfeiting