Notices

evos in canada?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres one in winnipeg, some rich guy bought it, i saw it once on the street, evo is sweet
Old Dec 7, 2003, 12:44 PM

!!

My friend who worked in the Mitsubishi Dealer told me that the evo can not pass the safty level. in the front of car there have a special part easily catch fire in the accident.
last two months, a young man drive a evo7 racing in the street in Honkung, he lose control hit the pillar. evo catch catch fire and the man was burn.
if the evo want to come into the canadian market , they need to do some change!
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:13 PM

Question evos in Canada?

I know I've read the previous posts and news items in this forum saying that we'd have to wait until the next revision of the Lancer before we saw it here but can anyone confirm if wether or not Evo's will be available this year or next in Canada? I'm getting some interesting email from a local Mitsubishi dealer saying that it will be availbale come april.

And to think that I caved in to the wife a few months ago and spent the downpayment for an evo on a bungalow thinking that Canada wouldn't see the Evo for a few years

see correspondence below

To: enable2k@rogers.com
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: Mitsubishi

Andre,

I'll look into the details for you. It may be possible that we can get you one earlier.

This vehicle will be in the mid to high forties range.

I'll get back to you on that.

thanks,

Roger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andre,

I assure you that Mitsubishi is well awake. Understand that us Canadians are much more strict safety wise then our neighbours to the south. Mitsubishi is working out this matter. We should be receiving evos by april.

What is it that you request Andre? If your requesting an actual evo, then we can set you up.

Hope I answered all your questions,

Mathieu

>From: "Andre Demers"
>Subject: Re: Mitsubishi
>Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 23:06:37 -0500
>
>Mathieu,
>I guess this has to do with the mail I received from Mitcubishi Canada. Thanks for the rsponse. When is Mitsubishi going to wake up and make the Lancer Evolution available in Canada? Have you got an email address where I can send my "request"?
>Thanks!
>Andre Demers
>
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:39 PM

Very interesting. Keep us up to date.