Notices

Mitsu Canada...lack of new parts.....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu Canada...lack of new parts.....

This sucks....

Wacked a curb Jan 29,and I'm still waiting on a trailing arm......which is bad enough,but the dealer can't even tell me how long it will be because of the "new parts system in Canada".

I don't mind that the dealer didn't have it in stock,don't mind that Mitsu of Canada didn't have it in stock,but at least they could respond to the dealer's email and tell me if my car will be parked for 2 weeks......2 months.....or what!

Last edited by targa ten; Feb 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about that.

have you tried these guys?

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/

just look for russellm.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:49 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What your dealer told you is totally true. We have several Mitsubishi Dealers in Canada sourcing their stock parts from us. They are saying that they flat out cant get any parts right now. I'm not sure how much sense that makes from a business stand point, but since it doesn't affect us in the states I haven't looked into it.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RussellM
What your dealer told you is totally true. We have several Mitsubishi Dealers in Canada sourcing their stock parts from us. They are saying that they flat out cant get any parts right now. I'm not sure how much sense that makes from a business stand point, but since it doesn't affect us in the states I haven't looked into it.
I doesnt make any sense. Every year I send Mitsubishi Japan a report on the changes implemented within North America, and this was a huge mistake.

It doesnt make sense to build a huge warehouse here. Cause they are going to get odd ball requests or they are going to get request for parts that just isnt well stocked.

Second point. It costs more for me to ship from Toronto to Vancover, then for me to ship from Toronto to anywhere in the USA. To take that step further. I have calculated that I could ship something from Canada, to USA and ship to Vancouver for the same cost. and that is me as a regular person. For a business it would still make sense to ship from USA up to Canada. The problem is. Mitsubishi USA and Canada do not work together. THeir market is different, the car configurations are different and at the end of the day they are spending more money.

Late last year I sent a letter, and finally someone responded. They are coming over at the end of this month to chat about this and everything else over the past 3 years. sigh..... And the answer is always, hmmm you know, your right. Unfortunately they already spent the money.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RussellM
Its not going to help Mitsu's rep in Canada.

Winter's are rough here,lots of wear and accidents.My car cannot be driven until I get the arm.I'm not the only person waiting on parts.I'm sure there are people out there paying out of pocket for rent a cars.....or their insurance is.....

I would be fine if they would just respond and let me know...."Your part has to come from Japan and will take 3 weeks"....or whatever.Right now I'm in limbo and don't know when I'll get my car back.In a couple of days it will already have been parked waiting on parts for 3 weeks.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Someone told me they had to wait 10 weeks to get a new front end ordered due to an accident. Canada Mitsubishi sucks in everyway possible. Don't even gets started on the huge price gap as well!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:51 PM

what sucks more is that i was able to order parts for my evo IX through my local dealer . But now that the wearhouse is in canada parts for the evos not sold here are going to be harder to get.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is bad news. I thought the local parts warehouse would be good... it would allow for lower prices and quicker supply. But now you guys are saying if the item is not something they keep stock of... it's even harder to get??? How is this possible???

As for the original poster... have you tried ordering the parts from the States?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adamturbo
But now that the wearhouse is in canada parts for the evos not sold here are going to be harder to get.
Tell me about it....

I use to be able to get some stuff for my II out of New Jersey and it only took a couple of days.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester
As for the original poster... have you tried ordering the parts from the States?
Not yet,but I'll have to try something soon.I put it through my insurance because it was a rim and two suspension pieces,so I'm kind of locked in with their system.

LOL....my luck its on back order from Japan through US dealers too!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

HA!

She's back......and man I missed that car.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

that was fast!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:30 AM

everyone is having the same problem with the new parts system in canada, dont worry it all will be hammered out soon.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Just wanna get my input on this, I went into an accident with my ralliart, and my front was messed up, they had me waiting close to 1 month and half just for the left headlight, the excuse they were giving was because Mitsubishi is moving/creating a parts headquarter from USA to Canada, and right now is the transition time, I'm not sure if normal ordering would take this long, but yea... this is what I get for buying a rare car..
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:08 AM

but you know you still love your mitsubishi car . lol

Quick Reply: Mitsu Canada...lack of new parts.....