Notices

New guy in Calgary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy in Calgary

Hey all, my name is Garrett and I just recently moved back to Calgary from a year long trip in Toronto. Before leaving Calgary, I parted ways with my 05 Dodge SRT-4. I purchased it bone stock in January of 2008. By September of 2009, I dyno'd at 424whp and 434 ft/lbs TQ. I was running a GT3076R turbo setup, fully upgraded fuel system and SCT engine management along with a handful of supporting mods. Completely bone stock internals. Fastest pass was an 11.92 @ 125mph with a 1.6 60ft. I was also my daily driver.

So I've been researching and saving up for my next project. After much consideration, I've decided to with either an VIII or IX.

Now, over the last couple months I've jumped around from idea to idea of what exactly I want from this car. I've decided I'd like to buy bone stock, and evolve the car to a daily driven/weekend drag car. I have some questions that I believe some of the more experienced owners will be able to answer.

My power goals are around the 425 - 475awhp range. I've been debating between doing a 3076 build again or upping for the larger 35R setup. I'd just like to hear some opinions on this. As well with what I should be looking at for a fuel system.

Engine Management?

Internal modification requirements?

Drivetrain mod's?

I appreciate the input.