Notices

Possible EVO Info for Canada @ T.Dot Auto show?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:36 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible EVO Info for Canada @ T.Dot Auto show?

Join Mitsubishi Motors at the 2004 auto show for 2 Canadian premieres - one concept and one production vehicle.

Mitsubishi Sport Truck Concept helps redefine the pickup in terms of design, drivability, utility and content. Mitsubishi Motors has reshaped the traditionally boxy pickup truck Sport Truck Concept – into something that inspires passion. It's wrapped in an athletic body around a supremely capable front-engine, full-time all-wheel-drive platform that offers all-weather capability. It offers a four-wheel independent suspension, providing un-truck-like ride and handling characteristics. Passion starts with performance. And performance starts at the heart of the Sport Truck Concept, with a powerful V-8 engine mated to an electronically controlled five-speed automatic transmission with a dial-type shifter knob which allows for sporty paddle shifting through controls mounted on the steering wheel.

New Design Inside and Out, and Added Content Make Mitsubishi's 2004 Diamante Shine. The new-to-Canada Mitsubishi flagship sedan receives a major freshening for 2004, including an all-new fascia and grille that emphasizes the Diamante's upscale character. Inside, the Diamante's center console, including audio and air conditioning controls, were also redesigned to improve ergonomics and ease-of-use. The base-level ES receives new premium fabric, and a four-speed Sportronic™ transmission is now standard equipment on the LS and VR-X trim lines. With the 2004 Diamante, Mitsubishi continues to answer the call for an affordably priced, stylish near-luxury sedan that offers buyers a multitude of features, excellent road manners and a price that's well below what people might expect.

Also, as part of its 2004 CIAS participation, Mitsubishi Motors will profile the Lancer Evolution - its lightweight, turbocharged, all-wheel-drive vehicle that is Automobile Magazine's "2004 Automobile of the Year". The Lancer Evolution makes the strongest statement about the Mitsubishi brand with its high level of technology and astonishing capability that stems from a backbone of competition-focused engineering. It is a halo for an existing lineup of Lancer products currently offered for sale in Canada including the Lancer Ralliart, Lancer O-Z Rally, Lancer Sportback Ralliart, and the Automobile Journalist Association of Canada's 2003 Best New Economy Car, the Lancer ES.

Also join us for a chance to win a his and hers Mitsubishi Eclipse and Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. Back by popular demand, this promotion was the "must enter" draw last year.

---- So, Can u see what I'm talking about?

The first statement:
Join Mitsubishi Motors at the 2004 auto show for 2 Canadian premieres - one concept and one production vehicle.

**CANADAIN PREMIERES**
- Concept, which is some SUV...
And, the production? The Evo & Diamante.

NOWWWWW

HAHAHA, I bet its 99.99999999% the diamante that there presenting but I need to show hope!!!
REMEMBER, that 00.0000000001% COULD be the EVO Production debut!!!

Ither way tho, for Torontoians who haven't seen an EVO yet, there will be one there!

Last edited by i45; Feb 6, 2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:01 PM
Account Disabled

It's not like it'll be affordable anyways......

$29995 US = $39998

Plus Taxes = $45xxx

Even if you figure Mitsu cuts off $5000 from the price tag which is doubtful. It still comes out to $40,000 after tax OR roughly the price of two Lancers. $40,000 after tax is far-fetched because a regular WRX comes to $42,000 after tax, even the mediocre Evo RS would be high 30's.

Who here has $40,000? Who here could actually sell there car and come up with the extra $25000 for an Evo? Who here could actually afford evo insurance even if they were to buy one?

Honestly who really cares anymore. If it comes its long overdue and if it REALLY comes no one could afford it anyways. We're teenagers or in our early 20's.

By the time people graduate and make some cash it'll be 2007 and the new GTR will be out. Save for that instead, it'll have all the Evo has to offer and much more.

On a collateral note if you want an AWD 280hp car the 1989 Skyline GTR is legal in august. You can buy one for the price of a used Civic - $10-18k.

Last edited by Lancer_4_Sale; Feb 6, 2004 at 11:07 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

When is this auto show?
Old Feb 7, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

starts next weekend and goes until the week after that
Old Feb 7, 2004, 08:15 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Id get an EVO anyday over that Skyline in 07, Even if it is a concept, it scares me.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

There's no concept Skyline even out yet. That horrendous looking thing a few years ago was some idiots interpretation of a Skyline using a 350z/G35 body. It was never linked to Nissan nor shown at any car show.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

actually the G35 IS the next skyline, it's north america's "r35" wanna be....as for being awd, skylines aren't really awd at all, more like 4 wheel assist...they are full time rwd until they start slipping, then they start to transfer power to the front tires...to get them to be awd you need a bias controller, but enough OT for this thread

so who's coming to the auto show then??
Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:04 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Ill be ther 4 sho!, You goin?
If so maybe we can meet up there or somthin, be coo.

Which reminds me, I gotta pm that guy my contact info

l8z!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Dr Crash
actually the G35 IS the next skyline, it's north america's "r35" wanna be....
I'm talking about the GTR.....the Skyline and GTR names split with the creation of the V35 aka G35.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 06:35 PM

thought you guys might want to know, I read this in the Driving section of the Edmonton Journal newspaper,

"...Why not bring the Evo to Canada? Because of our bumper laws it turns out. A stronger, more impact-resistant front bumper would be needed to pass Transport Canada regulations. However, the Evo's front -mounted intercooler precludes any easy fix and so Mitsubishi Canada says we'll have to wait for the next model redesign two years hence. ..."

thought this snip of the article might interest some
Old Feb 10, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

that was already posted about a thousand times in various other threads, but thanks for trying anyway...btw, that is not the only reason it can't be licensed here, there is also the drl and child safety restraint system that need to be looked after

as for the auto show, i'm planning on going this sunday the 15th...is that cool with you i45?? or anyone else for that matter
Old Feb 10, 2004, 08:00 PM
i45
Evolving Member

15 = Sunday = Great

Ye man 4 sho

I'll arrange for sunday, so should be all goode, if not ill prob. be able to tell you before, or by Saturday Morning. Tho nothin should happen!

Last edited by i45; Feb 10, 2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 01:28 PM
jtc
Evolving Member

I'll be there Sunday, what time are you guys there?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 01:59 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Ill prob. be there between 11-1pm, Ill be more precise probally around Friday, I could then state an hour time.

Sadly Imma be catchin the GO cus I have to lend my car to my sis, she's visiting one of her friends in Buffalo before she goes to europe for a year or somthing, so Imma lend it.

Whats worse is shes a smoker and even if I say u better not, I can gaurentee you she is gonna be puffin in there
Old Feb 11, 2004, 02:05 PM
jtc
Evolving Member

Spoke too soon. I'm going Saturday because a friend is getting corporate tix for cheap.

I used to smoke in my Civic. Then I quit, and realized my car smelt like ****. Never doing it again.

Quick Reply: Possible EVO Info for Canada @ T.Dot Auto show?