Notices

Getting My First Warranty Work / Mistubishi Service Story

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting My First Warranty Work / Mistubishi Service Story

Little story to tell, bear with me...

Today, I went for my first (early) oil change at Peterborough Mitsubishi. I got there early, as well, for my appointment, which I'd scheduled for 10:30 but I arrived at 9:30 due to poor time management on my part...wasn't a problem, they immediately got my car in, as I'm assuming it was a slower day. I spoke with the manager (?) when I first came in, he asked how the car was....I mentioned I was just in for an oil change, and that the only real problem I had was the somewhat infamous dash-type rattle other people seem to get; I also mentioned that it was fixed for many dealing with something under the hood being tightened. He told me to make sure I told Ken, the head service guy, about it, and make sure they have a look, which I did. So they took my car in, had a good look under the hood, from what I could tell....as they worked, I shot the **** with Ken for a bit, who was a super-polite, super-nice guy...as this was my first time in for dealer service on my new car, i was watching the service guy like a hawk - Ken noted this, and told me if I wanted to go in while they worked, I was welcome to. My service guy (who's name I didn't get) was ALSO super nice/polite, and we talked a bit. In looking for the rattle, he was super-thorough, removing a heat shield, even, from my manifold-back pipe, searching around....upon striking it, indeed a small rattling noise could be heard. He went and told Ken, who immediately placed the new part order, no muss, no fuss. The guy working on my car also explained a few different things, though I AM now paranoid about my clutch....he said they are touchy, and to be very careful in stop/go traffic, that they can burn out quickly....lol....but anyways...oil change came to $35 60 or so, which was good as I'm too lazy to do it myself sometimes, and judging from the great experience I had w/ Peterborough Mitsubishi, I'll make the effort to return when I can!

***I guess this is a segway for others to port their dealership stories***
Old May 7, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

*** $35.60*** Not 35 or 60. lol
Old May 7, 2004, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

welcome to the world of mitsubishi, the people who work for mitsubishi that i have delt with have always been nice...from dealership to dealer ship i have always been treated like a real person and felt that the staff at the mitsubishi dealerships go out of their way to treat you and your car exceptionally well. I personally have had a few problems with my mitsu (not mitsu's fault) but have always been given the proper help/advice. And I always enjoy any visit to any mistubishi dealer. (i think they go out of their way to higher the best possible staff) All I can say is congradulations you bought a real good car. I hope to see you tomorow at the meet.
cheers

oh ya BTW the good service doesnt stop, im at 75,000km (on a 2003 its rediciciouls i know) and I always get treated great.
Danno

Last edited by Danno; May 7, 2004 at 10:23 AM. Reason: dislexia
Old May 7, 2004, 10:44 AM

It's $19.95 for Oil Change in Cooksville

I've heard very positive things about Mits Peterborough too. The staff there are very friendly.

Here in Cooksville, it's $19.95 for an oil change, filter, lube. Plus tax. So if you guys are near our area, visit us also. We're also known for extra special service with free coffee, shuttle and exterior wash on your cars for every service done.

Check our facilities in the mini-meet, May 8.

This is not competition, this is sharing the love and positive thoughts around.

"Let the Mitsus fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jing G.
Old May 7, 2004, 10:47 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

You guys are givin' me a freakin' cavity.

Ha ha... too bad it's an hour there and back, but I've heard good things about you guys at Cooksville too. I go to Markham, which isn't bad at all either. Except for my tire rotation incident a while back. LOL.
Old May 7, 2004, 11:58 AM
cih

exterior wash ??? GIDDY UP !
Old May 7, 2004, 12:56 PM

yup!

Originally Posted by cih
exterior wash ??? GIDDY UP !
Free exterior wash!!!
Old May 7, 2004, 02:10 PM

I've never had a problem with Peterborough Mitsubishi. Greg (the General Manager), Brandon (sales person), Ken (Part's and Service Manager), and Paul (The mechanic) are all great to deal with!

I'd deal more with Cooksville if they weren't an hour away, and I didn't like Peterborough Mitsu.

And for the Peterborough area 35-40 is the going rate for oil, lube and filter atr dealerships.

Later

Steve
Old May 8, 2004, 12:18 AM

the problem is that most service shops close at 5 or 6 so i cant make it there unless i leave work early and i rather make that extra hour of work then lose an hour. so u do it myself and i get my brother to pick up the filter and gasket at the dealersip because i wont buy one at crapy tire. if they were open later i would go and get that for coffee and talk to the service guys about my car.