Notices

Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok stupid question but i'm in the ap manager and have maps ready to download to the AP but everytime i hit the COPY MAPS TO AP button they wont load on the AP.. am i missing something real easy or what? cant figure it out!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ice1874193
My k&n drop-in has been laying around for a year or so...is there a map that supports the k&n dropin with stage 1 93? is it supported by cobb?
Not officially, but other members have said to use the hkspf maps as it's only 3% different in the callibrations. I've been using that map for awhile.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by RedEvoxGSR
ok stupid question but i'm in the ap manager and have maps ready to download to the AP but everytime i hit the COPY MAPS TO AP button they wont load on the AP.. am i missing something real easy or what? cant figure it out!
Sorry this is kinda old, but I've found that the easiest way to transfer maps onto an AP is to drag and drop the file in the AP manager directly on the AP icon on the left side of the screen. It should just take a second to load on there.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for not reading thru the entire thread... but if I have a K&N drop-in filter... the HKS map is the proper one to use? And my car will be completely fine?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:58 PM

AP for sale! $495

I'm selling my Access Port for $495. Hollywood, Florida. Nothing is wrong with it; I was actually happy with it. I got the AP before in hooked with my tuner who unfortunately uses a different program.

2008 Evolution X GSR.

Last edited by evojo; Sep 17, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedEvoxGSR
I have the same problem but in reverse on my AP. For some reason the AP software will copy my files to the administrator desktop if I drag them to my regular user desktop. Easy way around it for me was to just create a folder on the C drive.

Cobb - were you aware of this issue? I can send a video if you are interested. Running Vista Home Premium SP2
Old Nov 4, 2010, 09:23 AM
Former Sponsor

I have the same problem but in reverse on my AP. For some reason the AP software will copy my files to the administrator desktop if I drag them to my regular user desktop. Easy way around it for me was to just create a folder on the C drive.

Cobb - were you aware of this issue? I can send a video if you are interested. Running Vista Home Premium SP2
Hi there. Haven't seen this problem before. Are you using the new AccessPORT Manager 2.0? It is a completely new version of the software built from the ground up, and includes self-update capability, in addition to combining the functionality of AccessPORT Updater into the same application.

You can get it at: www.cobbtuning.com/support

Let me know if the problem still happens.

Thanks,
Alex (Software Engineer)
Old Nov 7, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Is there a wideband that works with your software?? I'm wanting to be able to log my wideband sensor with the cobb software. Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

The new ATR software works with the AEM and it has been working with others like the lc-1.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

We support the AEM, Zeitronix, PLX and the old Innovate LM-2. You can follow this link to a complete summary of support and software changes: http://www.accessecu.com/support/rel...i_MIT-002.html.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Have you downloaded the latest version of AccessPORT Manager 2.0? Typically you cannot use the AccessPORT as a drag and drop device with windows explorer. Also, there is a limit to how many maps you can put on the AccessPORT so if you are unable to copy more on, take some off the device.

You can find the latest version of Manager here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3059
Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:06 PM

EDM maps for Evo X?

Need some help! Living in Qatar and have an 2009 Evo X and have bought an AP tuner, but no supported maps for an EDM model, is there a way to get the USDM maps to work? Or at least be able to load them into racetuner to see the maps?
I know there is an issue with fuel etc but would be nice to have a base map to start from.
Also if anyone knows of any accessport tuners in the Middle east area this would be helpful.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:27 PM

So I'm about to buy an AP and I have a couple of final questions, that I would really appreciate an answer for: (I have a '10 Evo X GSR stock, not planning onf modding the car short of a drop in filter)

1) I'm planning on getting it from Perrin Performance since it comes with a drop in filter and a custom map (for same price) rather than ordering it directly from Cobb, is there a negative side to doing this?

2) I do not have any gauges installed in my car (and not planning on doing so for sometime), is this gonna be an issue as far as monitoring the AFR and Boost (can I just monitor these from the AP with good accuracy anyways?)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 08:02 AM

Wolverine, Purchasing the AP is the same as purchasing the AP from COBB, except you get a free PERRIN map! The AP will still come with the COBB maps preloaded, and you still will get the warranty from COBB.

You can use the AP as a gauge. Our maps are safe, so you don't need to monitor anything.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris
Wolverine, Purchasing the AP is the same as purchasing the AP from COBB, except you get a free PERRIN map! The AP will still come with the COBB maps preloaded, and you still will get the warranty from COBB.

You can use the AP as a gauge. Our maps are safe, so you don't need to monitor anything.

Thnx Chris, the moment the car hits a 1000 miles, I'll put in the order, cuz if I do it any earlier I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to use it! 700 miles to go! Are the Perrin filter still tough to fit?

Quick Reply: Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge]