Notices

New to accessport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe? I had the 2003 AS 8 until just recently. Justin.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by mirkendargen
Maybe? I had the 2003 AS 8 until just recently. Justin.
Hmm I don't think so , message me your name and ill add you to out Facebook group which we set up meets and runs . We have one tonight actually if you want to attend
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:28 PM

OK so i uploaded the stage 2 +sf map and did 2 pulls and both are exceeding the target boost of 23.. the AP shows im hitting around 26psi. So now im gonna try the LWS map and see if that helps or if its just the 35 degree weather thats throwing it off.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Think it says +1.8psi or -1.8 psi is acceptable. So that's close. You can flash the LWG map and try it. Curious to see how much that actually lowers it. Let us know
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by HPEVOX
Think it says +1.8psi or -1.8 psi is acceptable. So that's close. You can flash the LWG map and try it. Curious to see how much that actually lowers it. Let us know
I believe its .8 +/-

anyways i still haven't been able to get any legit pulls in because of the weather (30ish degrees) but i did about a 9 second log and the boost levels are spot on about -.3 off from the 23psi target boost. I also saw .7 of knock at 5k rpm, when i let off.

gonna get some legit pulls here pretty soon, i will keep you guys posted
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:21 PM

I did some quick pulls today, just to see where i was at but it seems like im knocking at the 4300 rpm range

can anyone give me their email so i can email the logs and get your opinion ?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

How much?
Dont know if anyone told you, but if you do your pull in 4th starting at about 2500rpm, you get a little more to read.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:36 PM

How much?
Dont know if anyone told you, but if you do your pull in 4th starting at about 2500rpm, you get a little more to read.
im picking up .35 in the 4300 rpm range, and i picked up 1.45 at 6700 rpm just once though.

Also .7 in the low 6k range
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OkcSupra
im picking up .35 in the 4300 rpm range, and i picked up 1.45 at 6700 rpm just once though.

Also .7 in the low 6k range
Do you get the .35 and the .7 every time you do a pull, or just randomly at times? When the MIVEC is constantly adjusting timing it corrects for the small amounts of knock which is why it shouldn't last long. That's what i've got from most of my reading on here. So as long as it's not a long duration and isn't happening every time, may differ next run due to engine temp rising, you should be good to go. I'm no expert on this, but have learned a good bit from guys on here. Sounds like you are right where 99.99% of people are with an OTS AP tune.
That random 1.45 is the only knock I would even glance at, but since it was just once, i wouldn't worry about it unless it does it some more

Also some have said that the MIVEC changing the timing may actually be read as knock on the AP. So that accounts for small knock in that certain RPM change when it adjusts. So it's been said the mivec changes for that knock, or the knock that is read is actually just the mivec doing it's thing. Either way, you are good to go unless someone of higher knowledge says otherwise.

Last edited by HPEVOX; Jan 14, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:25 PM

Do you get the .35 and the .7 every time you do a pull, or just randomly at times? When the MIVEC is constantly adjusting timing it corrects for the small amounts of knock which is why it shouldn't last long. That's what i've got from most of my reading on here. So as long as it's not a long duration and isn't happening every time, may differ next run due to engine temp rising, you should be good to go. I'm no expert on this, but have learned a good bit from guys on here. Sounds like you are right where 99.99% of people are with an OTS AP tune.
That random 1.45 is the only knock I would even glance at, but since it was just once, i wouldn't worry about it unless it does it some more

Also some have said that the MIVEC changing the timing may actually be read as knock on the AP. So that accounts for small knock in that certain RPM change when it adjusts. So it's been said the mivec changes for that knock, or the knock that is read is actually just the mivec doing it's thing. Either way, you are good to go unless someone of higher knowledge says otherwise.

Thanks, yes the knock lasted only .3 or so seconds . Im gonna get some legit pulls in 4th from 2500rpm like you said and see what i come up with. Do you mind pm'ing me your email so i can send you the logs and get your opinion ?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

PMd
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Got your logs. Still hard to tell what is going on because your logging everything. Try this. Only log:
RPM
MAF (v)
Ign Adv
LTFT
STFT
Knock Retard (or knock sum)
WGDC fine
WGDC coarse
Boost PSI
Load boost/fuel

When the AP is in the car go to log data and select the items above to log, de-select everything else. Allows for more increments to read per second so you can get about 7 logs per second instead of 1 like you have.

After this, go to live data. Start in 4th gear at approx 2500rpm, hit the round center button(begins log) at the same time you go WOT. Run to about 7k or redline, your choice. Stop the log at the same time you hit redline. Hard to drive and change to 5th and all at the same time, so just press the clutch as soon as you hit redline and let her coast so you can stop the log right when the pull ends. then you got a good one. Just a few WOT 2500-redline pulls like i stated above and I can read a LOT more info
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:05 PM

Got your logs. Still hard to tell what is going on because your logging everything. Try this. Only log:
RPM
MAF (v)
Ign Adv
LTFT
STFT
Knock Retard (or knock sum)
WGDC fine
WGDC coarse
Boost PSI
Load boost/fuel

When the AP is in the car go to log data and select the items above to log, de-select everything else. Allows for more increments to read per second so you can get about 7 logs per second instead of 1 like you have.

After this, go to live data. Start in 4th gear at approx 2500rpm, hit the round center button(begins log) at the same time you go WOT. Run to about 7k or redline, your choice. Stop the log at the same time you hit redline. Hard to drive and change to 5th and all at the same time, so just press the clutch as soon as you hit redline and let her coast so you can stop the log right when the pull ends. then you got a good one. Just a few WOT 2500-redline pulls like i stated above and I can read a LOT more info

alright thanks man, ill do some more pulls !