Notices

New to accessport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to accessport

Well my accessport came in and i was wondering what map i should run, Current mods are K&N SF (like cobb sf) and a test pipe.

also how do i check knock on the AP and what should i look for?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Stage 2
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I would run the Stage 2 Cobb Map with appropriate octane fuel available. The stage 1 MIVEC is aggressive to push through the stock cat. With a test pipe, I think 2 is suitable.
Pull up live data while the car is running and scroll down to "knock retard" (think that's what it is, haven't logged in a while). you may see a .4 up to .7 at times. Some say it's due to clutch slippage when initial take off, but can be seen throughout rpm sometimes. If the knock is present be sure it's not constant/prolonged. Shouldn't last like 1/10th of a second and be gone. Then you're all good if that is all you see!
Go ahead and download the Access Tuner Race BETA software from Cobb's site too so when you log you can open them up in there. Makes it easier to read!!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by HPEVOX
I would run the Stage 2 Cobb Map with appropriate octane fuel available. The stage 1 MIVEC is aggressive to push through the stock cat. With a test pipe, I think 2 is suitable.
Pull up live data while the car is running and scroll down to "knock retard" (think that's what it is, haven't logged in a while). you may see a .4 up to .7 at times. Some say it's due to clutch slippage when initial take off, but can be seen throughout rpm sometimes. If the knock is present be sure it's not constant/prolonged. Shouldn't last like 1/10th of a second and be gone. Then you're all good if that is all you see!
Go ahead and download the Access Tuner Race BETA software from Cobb's site too so when you log you can open them up in there. Makes it easier to read!!
Thanks, i will log tomorrow and upload them on here. Where do i find the knock on the logs? and should i do 2-3 pulls?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

In the most recent firmware it's "knock sum" rather than "knock retard" and you're looking for it to not get above 3. You should do a couple pulls so if you are getting knock you can see if it's consistently in the same RPM range.

And hello fellow OKC area Evo owner
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by mirkendargen
In the most recent firmware it's "knock sum" rather than "knock retard" and you're looking for it to not get above 3. You should do a couple pulls so if you are getting knock you can see if it's consistently in the same RPM range.

Sounds good! anyway we can meet up and get some help? im new to the accessport and tuning
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

When was the latest firmware release?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:07 PM

btw i was looking at the OTS map notes for STAGE 2 + SF and saw "Additional modifications such as an under drive pulley or panel filter are still within the acceptable modifications for this calibration. YOU MUST USE THE FACTORY INTAKE SYSTEM, NO AFTER MARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS CALIBRATION."

If the map is for the SF intake why does it say you must use factory intake?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Huh I just read that too. Not supposed to be there I don't think. Read at the top and it says full tbe and cobb sf intake. Must have just entered that in the wrong place. I'm still not sure about that firmware update he's talking about. Guess i gotta go get the ap out and see if we got one.

Beta firnware update 1.6.5.0-2223 was the last update back in July of 2011. Still says knock retard on mine. reads "Knock retard (CA)" on the ATR software and "Knock Retard" on the AP itself. Just looked.

Last edited by HPEVOX; Jan 10, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by HPEVOX
Huh I just read that too. Not supposed to be there I don't think. Read at the top and it says full tbe and cobb sf intake. Must have just entered that in the wrong place. I'm still not sure about that firmware update he's talking about. Guess i gotta go get the ap out and see if we got one.

Beta firnware update 1.6.5.0-2223 was the last update back in July of 2011. Still says knock retard on mine. reads "Knock retard (CA)" on the ATR software and "Knock Retard" on the AP itself. Just looked.
I was reading around and i guess IT IS now Knock sum( 1 = .35 degree )
still dont get what that means but thats what i read lol

EDIT:
"if you update you accessport they did change it to knock sum and 1 knock sum is .35 of a degree its alot easier to log and read'

Last edited by OkcSupra; Jan 10, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

hhmm that's strange. Must only be on the ones released for 2011s or something werid lol I believe you. Just saying mine is updated and it's for the 08 and reads knock retard. I know you can download any map per ap and they aren't based on a year model car, but just strange that some have that and mine is for sure up to date, just checked again, and still says "retard" lol either way as long as he is able to read it.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:57 PM

Stage 2 indeed if your overboosting try the low waste gate map have fun
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:58 PM

I will upload Stage 2 + SF intake tomorrow evening and do some logs and let you guys know what i find out.

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I'm using the July 2011 beta firmware update and it's definitely knock sum (whole numbers). Maybe it only reads that way on 2011's though?

I'm still playing around with mine as well. With my car completely stock, the stage 1 91 octane tune seemed ok (although it spiked 27PSI which was a tad scary on 91 octane, it only had a small amount of knock above 7k RPM).

Now I have an ETS intake and the knock was reaching unacceptable amounts up high (I assume from running leaner due to the intake). I'm trying to Cosworth 91 octane stage 2 map now and seeing how it goes. It seems to spike a little less boost (24-25PSI), but the knock seems gone. I need to do some more pulls now that I've driven with it a couple days and the ECU has learned trims.

I'm no expert, but if you're on the south side of OKC I could probably meet up with you if you can't figure something out.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:54 PM

I'm using the July 2011 beta firmware update and it's definitely knock sum (whole numbers). Maybe it only reads that way on 2011's though?

I'm still playing around with mine as well. With my car completely stock, the stage 1 91 octane tune seemed ok (although it spiked 27PSI which was a tad scary on 91 octane, it only had a small amount of knock above 7k RPM).

Now I have an ETS intake and the knock was reaching unacceptable amounts up high (I assume from running leaner due to the intake). I'm trying to Cosworth 91 octane stage 2 map now and seeing how it goes. It seems to spike a little less boost (24-25PSI), but the knock seems gone. I need to do some more pulls now that I've driven with it a couple days and the ECU has learned trims.

I'm no expert, but if you're on the south side of OKC I could probably meet up with you if you can't figure something out.
hmmm, whats your name i think i know you

Quick Reply: New to accessport