Notices

Cobb Accessport Newbie Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarksideNOW
Cab dealers tell on a 14 MR if you install a cobb ap ?? If you flash it to stock b4 you bring it in
Dealers cannot tell if you have had an AP installed or any other tuning device installed as long as it is returned to stock. Flash counter will go up if you flash any ROM including stock into the car, it is not an indication of a tune.
-Chris
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q UOTE itCO BB Tuning;11336416]Dealers cannot tell if you have had an AP installed or any other tuning device installed as long as it is returned to stock. Flash counter will go up if you flash any ROM including stock into the car, it is not an indication of a tune.
-Chris[/QUOTE]
I found a dealership that sells your products and AMS !! even though my car is brand new with barely any miles on it like a brand new one But bought it at a Subaru. LOL I didn't have to pay 5000 or 10,000 dollars extra I saved money and I have the fully loaded Mr with every option even the little $500 options, I was shocked when I called the dealership where it came from in Marylandthe service manager was calling me back I had some questions and I said it's unfair I have to get rid of a Cobb stage 3 Kit. his exact words were " why would you do thaT ? he said why not add piping and a bigger FMIC !!then went on to say I can add a header as well. Pretty much anything I want even a bigger turbo its 150 miles away so I would have to get triple A definitely ! I have it all worked out with the service manager he told me as long as you unmarried AccessPORT when he has to plug in some kind of machine so they can read if it was tUned you plug it in and send it to corporate office they approve the new transmission or motor etc over 500$ when I asked him how does it not show up / or anything like that when you do that he would not respond he did tell me a car came in with a blown motor 2013 it was at 7000 rpms for 3 minutes and 40 seconds about he said they can tell when you're on a dyno machineif you rev your engine to blow itthey can tell everything he just won't explain how they tell abouT A Tune. a dealership that are not nice they will know about the cObb and void you. I called about 25 dealerships until thank God the dealership where their car Originally was purchased about 8 months ago. I got very lucky with this car paid under MSRP for no option GSR 36 k with taxes cash for car guess Subaru wanted it gonE dealership in Cherry Hill New Jersey and any lot in the tri-state are charging 49 k msrp fully fully loaded every option like mine and thats msr and They want 5,000$ surcharge so basically you're paying 60,000 dollars for the same car I paid half all the dealerships also ordered as many 2014 as they canbecause no one is going to want the last year because of all the downgradeS Especially nO leather Recaro racing seats and you have to pay the same price so now that I found the dealership that's no different than driving My WRX to Edison New Jersey every week when my car blew up and had to pay cash out of my pocket I rather have a dealership that installs aftermarket parts and and covers my warranty if something were going to happenplus I have them receipts proving they installed everything aftermarketI called about 25 dealerships and not one would even install an alarm let alone a muffler aftermarket !!!!!! all is very good now I just I'm waiting for this seventh day trip or a thing to kick can and I will be getting every bolt on possible with the dealership and coBb having a relationship because they sell their products I thought I was going to be stuck with a bone stock evolution for at least two more years now Ill have a 450 wheel horsepower evolution for 10 years hundred thousand miles warranty. when my warranty runs up it's about $1800 or less for a 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty extension. sorry for the long and a lot has nothing to do with it explanation this would have helped me a lotits all up to your dealership if they want there is a way they can tell if you eveR tuned it. your best bet is to find the dealership like I did and buy a Access port and let them install it so it's on the record and have all your work done there now I'm getting the viper alarm and everything installed I couldn't be happier than I was looking at the GTRs and new SuPras. staying for sure Now
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:34 PM

stock 14 evo

[QUOTECOBB Tuning;11336416]Dealers cannot tell if you have had an AP installed or any other tuning device installed as long as it is returned to stock. Flash counter will go up if you flash any ROM including stock into the car, it is not an indication of a tune.
-Chris[/QUOTE]

what MAp would you use if your car is completely stock and you just want to add a little bit of horsepower with the access port ? i See stage 1 & 0 but its not like it was 6 years ago. so there are a bunch of different stage 1 maps in each different octane I want 93 octane with no modifications until it gets to the dealership and they do the major modificationso what exactly does the map say in the small writing under the stage 1 which exactly map do I pick what will it say For 93 octane gas no modifications exactly what will it say in the access poRT when i plug it into my evolution 2014 Mr ???
Old Nov 13, 2014, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
3. BakaUnchi (Cobb's lead Mitsu calibrator) did a great job designing them. LWG versions of the maps may be needed in ultra cold weather.
This is good info to know as I seem to get more knock in the winter for some reason.

Do you know the reason behind this or why a LWG map be better for cold temps?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 05:10 PM

Noob question here
If I were to install a new intake and a catback exhaust could I use the accessport to tune these mods on the car as well and avoid any significant issues?
Or is the AP just a whole other thing on its own, although it sounds like its supposed to make tuning much easier in our lives lol
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Flexkilz
Noob question here If I were to install a new intake and a catback exhaust could I use the accessport to tune these mods on the car as well and avoid any significant issues? Or is the AP just a whole other thing on its own, although it sounds like its supposed to make tuning much easier in our lives lol
Yup I have these mods currently and used the AP to tune for them...

The AP is also good for data logging as you are making the tune adjustments both real time and through to a file for post review.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

NOOB question - really hope that I don't get flak for asking..

Can I do "basic" tuning adjustments myself on the AP? I know absolutely NOTHING about tuning and engine management. I plan on getting an AP, AMS intake, AMS intercooler and piping, resonated test-pipe, AMS downpipe but not at the same time.

It would be nice to be able to get the AP first, use the OTS cobb map for a while and then making adjustments myself each time I add one of the above^ parts. That way I can enjoy each mod separately instead of buying everything and getting dyno-tuned right away.

Once I pick up all the parts, I do plan on either buying the AMS STX400 map or getting dyno-tuned at CBRD or AMS.

Can someone help me with this question? Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

anyone?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
NOOB question - really hope that I don't get flak for asking..

Can I do "basic" tuning adjustments myself on the AP? I know absolutely NOTHING about tuning and engine management. I plan on getting an AP, AMS intake, AMS intercooler and piping, resonated test-pipe, AMS downpipe but not at the same time.

It would be nice to be able to get the AP first, use the OTS cobb map for a while and then making adjustments myself each time I add one of the above^ parts. That way I can enjoy each mod separately instead of buying everything and getting dyno-tuned right away.

Once I pick up all the parts, I do plan on either buying the AMS STX400 map or getting dyno-tuned at CBRD or AMS.

Can someone help me with this question? Thanks.
From what I have been reading. AMS STX400 package only works on their products. Also those AMS400 numbers are projected of what the car should do and you will more than likely have to contact customer service to readjust the tune for your car. After all the research I did, people said that your better of getting dyno'd and get a specific tune for your car than just getting a generalized tune. (I was looking at that package and AMS300 for a bit as well)