Notices

ETS and AP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I checked out a couple of the WOT runs. The results good to me. I hit 23.32 psi on one run and the LTFT was 0. Knock Sum was 0. One log showed boost building up to 22.21 and then tapered off from there. I was showing a Knock Sum of 1 on that run but not consistent it only showed up 3 times throughout the whole run.

I plan on calling Cobb about my data logs to see what they think, but if someone could tell me how to upload them and wouldn't mind looking at them I would really appreciate the help.

At what RPM are you guys hitting max boost at?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

One other thing is that I did not have ASC off should I have that turned off when doing the runs?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Did you do any part throttle runs or just putting around? were there any issues with that?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:12 AM

I'm interested to know too, just installed my ETS intake on my Bone stock 08 GSR. I am going to be picking up my Cobb AP in about an hour and I am going to try the stage 1 Cobb SF intake map. I ordered a full turbo back exhaust and am going to get it protuned when it comes in (2 weeks), but for now I was going to run a stage 1 setup and wanted to make sure it would be safe till then.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Please use this link for the AP data log thread
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I did partial throttle just low rpm driving around town. My numbers looked good so I stepped up to some WOT runs. I am hitting 22-23 psi but never everytime. Most of the time the knock is rare but it does show up as a 1 or a 2. Only one time out of 16 or 17 data logs it showed up as one 5 and one 4 and two 3's. Other than that I have never seen anything over a 2 again. I do notice after some hard runs a fuel smell kind of like if i had a test pipe installed. So I must be running pretty rich. Again this was only after a few consistent hard runs. The LTFT is almost always at 0 and only one log showed it -5. Other than I have seen some -3 and 1.xx. Most o the time it is 0 though. I will try to post some logs if I can please get some feed back.

I mispoke the last log that I just loaded had some high knock sum. For some reason it up to 14 at one time! I have a feeling that I will be putting on the stock intake. I posted my logs using the link above. If someone would like to see my logs I can post them up here as well or email them.

Last edited by S2K2EVO; Mar 31, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I was feeling pretty confident about everything for 15 logs until that last one and seeing all the knock. I sent my logs to baka unchi's link.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:54 AM

This is interesting..
So, any results from him yet?
u are using ETS intake right?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

He just told me he wanted me to include some other things in the data log but didn't comment on my current logs.

I actually have the Cobb SF and Cobb inlet coming in tomorrow. I would rather have a peace of mind running an intake they have an ots map for. After seeing all that knock I wasn't going to do any more logs. It may work for others and awesome with a pro tune but I'm not paying more for a pro tune right now.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
He just told me he wanted me to include some other things in the data log but didn't comment on my current logs.

I actually have the Cobb SF and Cobb inlet coming in tomorrow. I would rather have a peace of mind running an intake they have an ots map for. After seeing all that knock I wasn't going to do any more logs. It may work for others and awesome with a pro tune but I'm not paying more for a pro tune right now.
I should be getting my AMS turbo back exhaust in about 2 weeks, then it's a pro tune. Until then I am running completely stock with only the ETS intake mod and a Cobb Stage 2 map with the boost pill removed. Little to no knock for me versus the Stage 1 +SF map and the Stage 2 + SF LWG map. I live in a small town of like 70,000 people, and i live 5 miles from my work so I don't have to commute very far every day. So far no issues, It's boosting full right at 25psi like the map is supposed to.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Just to upate I sold the ETS and just installed the Cobb SF and Cobb inlet. There is a noticable difference between the ETS intake using stage 1 Cobb SF and using the Cobb SF intake on the same map. The power feels more solid and consistent with the SF. I also got my gas mileage back. The ETS was running way too rich and was sucking the gas.

So now I have the best both worlds. The power and so far better gas mileage. The ETS felt good it just feels like the Cobb has a bit more kick with the smooth power. Kind of like the stock tune just better.

I know the ETS is a great intake and better with a protune, but for me and what I need I feel like the Cobb SF with AP is a great match. I just want to make sure I am meeting target boost. I know one log showed around 22 and then slightly tapered from there.

One question, does it matter if I turn ASC off when logging or should i be hitting target boost no matter what.