Notices

Cobb Accessport needed after a custom tune?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Accessport needed after a custom tune?

I tried to search for the answer but couldn't really find a definitive one.

I just got a custom tune, and I love it! But I was wondering...Is it ridiculous to still by a Cobb AP?

I don't want to change my map at all! But I like the other functions that the AP provides.

- Trouble codes/ Clearing of them
- Guages/ and just knowing the information, but information is power? lol
- Data Logging/ see above reason
- Performance measuring/ oh, this would be fun to do on my own
- Shift light? no really needed but I wouldn't mind it.
- Valet parking thing. Seems cool to have also.

I would use and play with all the other functions on the AP aside from the "mapping" features. I would only use that in the future when/IF i decide to go E85!

Soooo...would be crazy to do that? I understand that I would be paying $500+ for something that a few gauges can do. But I don't want to put pods in my car. I like the clean and simple look. ONE GAUGE THAT DOES IT ALL!! I was also looking into the Greddy Infometer. Just factor out the $ because that's not an issue here.

If you think it pointless to get the AP for just those secondary functions, can you recommend something that will do all or at least most of those things above? Like I said, I've only seen 2 things: the COBB AP and the Greddy Infometer. If there are others that I can choose from, please let me know. Thanks guys.

Last edited by reddragun3; Aug 19, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:27 PM

I too thought it would be cool just for the multi-gauges all in one simple display on the AP-v3 and some of the other features built in. Not sure you can do the Valet or AntiTheft mode thing as it requires loading of those maps which you might risk wiping out your tuned map.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by GeeDubz
I too thought it would be cool just for the multi-gauges all in one simple display on the AP-v3 and some of the other features built in. Not sure you can do the Valet or AntiTheft mode thing as it requires loading of those maps which you might risk wiping out your tuned map.
oh crap! didn't realize that. Thanks. I'm currently looking at different options as well. Trust Infometer, iPhone Rev/Dashcommand, Blitz Brain Touch are some of the one's I'm currently looking into. My tuner said the Trust Greddy Infometer works well! Also he won't be able to upload Evoscan maps to Cobb AP so it's pointless to get if i wanted to dual tune for E85 later.

the search continues....