Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

2010 Evo X Tuning solutions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Evo X Tuning solutions

So, I'm a new member/owner, not really familiar with what's out there other than the Cobb AP. I previously owned a MazdaSpeed3 and had an AP using a Stage 2 93 octane map with supporting mods.

I want to tune my car but I don't know what to get or really what options are best for the Evo X. I like how Cobb has off the shelf maps that are "safe" but that I also have the option to tune it myself or get it pro tuned. I'd really just rather use off the shelf maps as I'm not very experienced at tuning and don't want to blow up my new car.

The only reason why I haven't already purchased an AP is because of the AP V3 poll that cobb put out, it hinted at the possibility of a Cobb AP app for the ipod touch/iphone or android. I have both an android phone and an ipod touch, so if they made an app for either of those that could flash my car I'd be all over it (of course I'd have to buy the app and a USB cable, but much better than $600 for a tiny unit that can't display multiple statistics at once like a dashhawk can).

I'm really leaning towards getting an AP, but I'd also like to know what else is out there for the Evo X and what the capabilities are compared to the AP. Maybe we could make a list with links to each solution and sticky it to benefit other new members/owners.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

next step from an off-the-shelf cobb map would be to get your car dyno tuned. if there is a shop in your area that does this, contact them and see what they suggest.

besides the AP you can get a tactrix cable for less than $200. this will allow you to run a "mail in" tune similar to the cobb maps from any of the numerous vendors that sell them. it also gives you all the hardware you need to log/flash yourself if you are ever interested in diving a little deeper.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we sell the ap and a few others http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...ng-c-4348.html

-anthony
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

IMO AP isn't worth as much as getting it professionally tuned after you get the bolt on's you desire. You can switch maps via ecutek with a laptop and i think.... some cell phones. So you can forward back between stock and the custom tune done.