Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

My new times for my evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arithmetic
TT is this true, are you guys doing this?

Lots of haters in this thread. Whats soo hard to believe .. the kid can drive .. he posted the slips. Hes going back to video ..so after that maybe people wont *****. His rev limter off the top of my head i dont remember.

The numbers are what they are .. he ran the time...

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HATE=TALKING OUT HIS **** -> so says you
Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Im just curious why people don't believe that the stock valvetrain can't handle 8K rpm? The Evo spring/retainer setup is much better than the spring/retainer setup that was on the old 4g63. That setup handled 8k rpm without a problem. So why would the Evo be any different? PLENTY of people have been reving there stock heads to 8krpm without issues. Granted the stock turbo is not going to make power to 8k rpm but it will handle it. I will be raising the limiter on my Evo IX to over 8K rpm and have no probelm with having it bang off the limiter on a hard launch, etc.

Keith
Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

It's not so much about shifting @8k, it's the power loss when shifting at that RPM. I agree with warrtalon, this just isn't adding up. I think there is more to the story
Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Here's some info, my IX did 103.85 @ 7K in fourth gear. This is off my G-tech (calibrated and setup perfectly), don't hate.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

^^^ No hate, but Gtech's are never accurate, even if cal. and setup perfectly... there nice eye candy thou for the mind.

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Lots of haters in this thread. Whats soo hard to believe .. the kid can drive .. he posted the slips. Hes going back to video ..so after that maybe people wont *****. His rev limter off the top of my head i dont remember.

Mark
Turbotrix
Well, fill me in. What does the reflash put the new rev limiter and does this reflash make power after 8,000rpms?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
^^^ No hate, but Gtech's are never accurate, even if cal. and setup perfectly... there nice eye candy thou for the mind.

Well, fill me in. What does the reflash put the new rev limiter and does this reflash make power after 8,000rpms?
My Gtech dyno charts are inline with FFT's mustang dyno.
Dynoed 232HP/233TQ @ FFT with a temp of 71 (semi stock- panel filter & JDM MR DV)
Dynoed 234HP/237TQ w/ Gtech, temp between 40-50, same setup

Also Shiv says a IX stock on his DD dynos 230-235 HP & TQ. (Shivs & FFT dynoes are pretty inline with one another)
My GTECH dyno for my IX stock........233HP/233TQ, backed up with a 230HP/232TQ

Also, all my 1/4 times and traps are what they should be.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark
Turbotrix
Mark,

I wouldn't worry much about what people say. I personally believe it(I haven't seen it thought) but I wouldn't be surprise that an Evo 9 could run those times.
You have tuned some fast cars and that is one of the reasons why I believe it.

Carlos
Old Mar 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im just curious why people don't believe that the stock valvetrain can't handle 8K rpm? The Evo spring/retainer setup is much better than the spring/retainer setup that was on the old 4g63. That setup handled 8k rpm without a problem. So why would the Evo be any different? PLENTY of people have been reving there stock heads to 8krpm without issues. Granted the stock turbo is not going to make power to 8k rpm but it will handle it. I will be raising the limiter on my Evo IX to over 8K rpm and have no probelm with having it bang off the limiter on a hard launch, etc.

Keith
I concur with your statements, in fact I am a living example of that and more, to my surprise and during my tuning I agree to have my custom tunning set up to 8000rpm which I later found out to be 8100rpms.

I have absolutely no issues of any kind. Once in a while a have the typical well known clicking sound of the valves ticking for a few seconds but that is actually ramdonly and is not related to my head studs at all.

Carlos
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Most Wanted ran a 12.0@113mph while bouncing off the stock revlimiter (7600rpms) in 4th gear in his IX...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0&postcount=75

So the real question is can you gain 3mph with 400/500rpms more????
Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
116mph is suspiciously high. This thread smells a bit foul. As for snow tyres yes - taller tyres = more mph but also slower acceleration. There is no free ride when it comes to physics.

And ~Evilevo~ for the record you're an idiot.

Last edited by boomtown; Mar 4, 2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

i dont see y he would be lieing, when he posted the time slip, and he s backed up by TT, none of them have any reason to lie. I think there are a lot of haters here. dont forget that the trap speed is an average.

Last edited by GTKage; Mar 4, 2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by boomtown
116mph is suspiciously high. This thread smells a bit foul. As for snow tyres yes - taller tyres = more mph but also slower acceleration. There is no free ride when it comes to physics.

And ~Evilevo~ for the record you're an idiot.
Yes, slower acceleration because of less grip, but more mph due to less grip.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Even so, you can only run 22-23psi on pump gas. I still wouldn't expect anywhere near 370-380whp. 335-345 maybe, but that would be 113-114mph traps, not 116. You're about 30whp ahead of every other IX with your mods, which is already 30whp ahead of 05s with the same mods. This means you gained 100whp over stock with exhaust, mbc, tune. I usually expect/predict 60-70whp, so you're getting another 30-40whp from NeverNeverLand or something. What's sickening is that with your mph, you could be doing low 11.8s if you could figure out the launch.

Hmm, one more thing, your rev limiter must be pretty high, because you can't even hit 116mph at 7800rpm on that short 4th gear. You'd have to be around 8000rpm, or did you shift to 5th?
I have been reading here for quite some time and every post you make really makes you look like a dicksucker. Can't you just for once say congrats on the time? Or do you have to be upset that you don't have the world's most blessed EVO. There are other guys out there making good power.

The difference from 113 traps to 116 could be the track, the weather, the altitude, the timing equipment, or simply just the car. Get a grip dude.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Well I was out and about doing some twisty runs today and I took my car a couple times to 7000 in 4th. Top speed was about 105-ish. It was hard to get a good look while turning at those speeds. Getting to 116 in 4th would be pretty crazy!

Quick Reply: My new times for my evo 9