Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

My new times for my evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading here for quite some time and every post you make really makes you look like a dicksucker. Can't you just for once say congrats on the time? Or do you have to be upset that you don't have the world's most blessed EVO. There are other guys out there making good power.
He is simply asking for proof and or a reason behind those times. I for one have not seen any proof on any of the posters claims. Warrtalon would give congrats on his times had he posted any proof. Why not a time slip? Everyone gets one after a race. TT was not even there to see the run, so no one knows (including the tuner) if these times are correct. warrtalon has posted more facts about an Evos 1/4 mile time than anyone here.

I am a Evo lover just as much as the next guy, however I have no reason to break warrtalons ***** on his questions. I for one want to know for sure if a Evo IX will do 11s on such min mods

Last edited by rodman; Mar 4, 2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by rodman
He is simply asking for proof and or a reason behind those times. I for one have not seen any proof on any of the posters claims. Warrtalon would give congrats on his times had he posted any proof. Why not a time slip? Everyone gets one after a race. TT was not even there to see the run, so no one knows (including the tuner) if these times are correct. warrtalon has posted more facts about an Evos 1/4 mile time than anyone here.

I am a Evo lover just as much as the next guy, however I have no reason to break warrtalons ***** on his questions. I for one want to know for sure if a Evo IX will do 11s on such min mods
You've bought into all the bs. There is no way to prove if the guy ran the time or not. You either have to accept that he did and take his word or not. He could post a slip and video, but that doesn't mean he ran the time claimed with just the mods listed. What level of "proof" will meet your standards? I believe there is nothing he can do to really prove it short of having some independant third party completely inspect the car and verify all the claimed mods.

The problem with the naysayers is that the common arguement is that it hasn't been done before, so you can't do it. People don't actually post that, but that is their point. "everyone with those mods makes 350 whp and can't run that time/ mph. You need to make at least 380 whp to run that time/ mph. How do you do it?" Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be done. This is a very poor and weak arguement.

The absurdity of all these questions is that if he ran the times, and I believe he did, we all know how he did it. He is a great driver with a great tune. These are the two biggest variables. You and I can buy all the rest of his package anywhere. All this questioning and clamoring for proof is a waste. If you don't believe it, good for you.

Last edited by robertrinaustin; Mar 4, 2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

I don't call a 1.772 60ft great and last I checked 60ft times mean oh so much in how well a car was driven. I think its great a IX with exhaust, mbc and tune ran 116 trap in the 1/4. It will only be a matter of time and a stock turbo IX will be in the mid ten's. I also think everything you read on the evolutionm should be accepted as truth.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

I have my video of my 11 sec run please tell me how to post this video or can someone host it for me thanks
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hova00
I have my video of my 11 sec run please tell me how to post this video or can someone host it for me thanks
put it on streetfire.net

Girlie
Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Please someone host this vid for me so i can prove my times. Just went back to the track yesterday and did it again so i have proof. I wasnt going to bother with pics of timeslips i wanted to go back to the track and do it again so i could post a vid of the run so people can see what the car is capable of with these minimal mods and decent driving. I have the vid on my c drive so do i have to email to someone to host it

Last edited by hova00; Mar 5, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vid

bump
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Please someone host this vid for me so i can prove my times. Just went back to the track yesterday and did it again so i have proof. I wasnt going to bother with pics of timeslips i wanted to go back to the track and do it again so i could post a vid of the run so people can see what the car is capable of with these minimal mods and decent driving. I have the vid on my c drive so do i have to email to someone to host it
send me the video, ill post it for you.

arithx@gmail.com
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cant wait to get my 9 to the track... I have the same mods (with shiv tune!)
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
the 9 only is around 101-102mph at 7k.
No, The 9 will do 107 at 7k in fourth. From personal experience and owners manual.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:28 PM
Former Sponsor

acutally thats at 7k they give you the 107....at 7600 is like 114 or 115
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

on my 113 run i didnt hit the rev limiter, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo close...most wanted has more power than me to get to 113 quicker....
Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

This is the time i ran and sorry if it bothers you. I know that you have been trying to get into the 11's with you evo and havent been able to do it as of yet. By the way i think that i have figured out how to launch my car since i did run these kind of times on the stock clutch also so dont get to upset. Maybe next weekend i will have it video taped so you can see it with your own eyes. By the way it was very cold outside. I dont analyze my time slips as closely as you or do i care to.
CONGRATS!!! Those are some awesome times.....Sounds like you did just fine to me.

cij
Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Like him or not, I have to agree with Warrtalon on this one. Something sounds a little fishy. Something is missing from the equation. I suspect using a higher octane than 93 octane.

Whatever the variable may be, something is definitely not adding up with the comments hova has made.

Also, if he was shifting at 8,000rpms, he is not in the most beneficial rpm for power. Anybody who knows anything about drag racing knows the logic behind this point.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Dont be mad.

Quick Reply: My new times for my evo 9