Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Pointers for getting my 8 to 12s without mods?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRAG
You voluntarily told me how much of a piece of sh*t they are. I tried to be modest and say "well my honda is a low 10 @ 130+ car on the motor alone so I wouldn't go as far as to say its a piece of sh*t" You proceded to say that they are such junk that they shouldn't even be allowed to be called cars.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yes, 10-sec gutted Honduhs are not even cars...they're just lightweight shells that sounds like crap and are very annoying. I hold to that opinion quite firmly.

Umm, i don't know much about the clutch restrictor mod, there isn't much info here about it, i have searched it numerous times. All i know is you can remove a little pill that the hydraulic fluid runs through in your clutch line, and you cut better 60's. BUT i also know it's a huge pain in the ***, and almost not worth the effort.

Last edited by KOEvo; Apr 6, 2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I have the MBC, so that is the only reason I ask. I have no goals to do anything stock.
"Pointers for getting my 8 to 12s without mods?"

Is this not the name of the thread you started?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Hey...I may be a tool on this forum but it sure is fun!! At least I'm not a ***** when someone asks for genuine advice, no matter how ameture it sounds. I even told you I wouldn't bother you if you didn't want to waste your time talking to me...but you nicely said you would help...then proceded to act like I was a f'in retard and e-beat me up for having something other than a Mitsu in the garage.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all your advice and I'm going to send Warrtalon some flowers or a cupcake or something since i stirred the pot so much.
What do I have to do to get a freakin cupcake!

Fathouse
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Without buying mods. Sorry for my misuse of the words "without mods"
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I asked him on AIM and he said something was wrong with my car if it was dropping to 16 and that the boost controller would NOT help. I have the MBC, so that is the only reason I ask. I have no goals to do anything stock.
That is the biggest crock of **** I've ever seen. EVERY EVO DROPS TO 16PSI IN STOCK FORM, DUDE. Why would I say something is wrong with yours? Stop making crap up just because you got your feathers ruffled on AIM. Gimme a break...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Fathouse dude I'll bake you a dag gone cake man.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That is the biggest crock of **** I've ever seen. EVERY EVO DROPS TO 16PSI IN STOCK FORM, DUDE. Why would I say something is wrong with yours? Stop making crap up just because you got your feathers ruffled on AIM. Gimme a break...

Warrtalon quit trying to avoid my attempt at e-thuggin. I'm new at it...I'm a virgin.

No that is exactly what you told me. I remember it vividly. I even referenced an article in SCC where they put the ball and spring MBC on the car and eliminated boost taper and you said that was NOT what would happen. Regardless of that lets move past my bashing of you and you claiming you didn't say that sh*t. You obviously have more experience so consider this a chance to be nice instead of treating me like an a$$hole. I asked you because I thought you would know.

Warrtalon is a good guy despite treating me like a moron...yada yada. E-thug over
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Fathouse dude I'll bake you a dag gone cake man.
Hey, as long as we're baking cakes and cupcakes around here, I'll take one too.

And I still dont believe Warrtalon would say that your car was broken fro tapering to 16 psi. As long as you told him it was doing that only in upper revs towards redline. Your first mod purchase should probably be a clutch cause only a few who drag often see them last. Good luck with 12s. You are a 1.7 60ft away.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

you know honda's get bad raps because 90% of them are riced out beyond belief, but to be honest if it wasnt for hondas, most of the import scene would probably not be as far as its at know.

DRAG- just work on the 60 man. perfect the launch and your there
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

I know its hard to believe, and I have read some of his very informative posts on here in the past. I honestly just think he didn't want to help me because of the whole anti-Honda kick. It was bad from the start of the conversation. I've had 8 Hondas and I love them, I love my EVO as well.

I get pissed when people act like they are better than others. He doesn't know who I am and treated me like a special needs kid and actually treated me like ****. Then when I tried to explain that I wasn't a retard and that I've been racing these little fart can rice mobiles for 11 years, he treated me worse.

I wouldn't pick him out and bash the guy for no reason. I'm a grown man and a good hearted honest person. He deserves every bit of what I brought up for his attitude towards me and his incompetence.

Would a mod please delete the whole thread as well as any of my comments about Warrtalon? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Mods could you just leave the 1st post and delete the rest? I edited it to be respectable.

This was the most fun I have ever had online guys thanks for the laugh. I better get back to work...these Ti 4G rods don't pinfit themselves while I'm jerking chains on the intraweb!!