Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

11sec in car vid rowing through gears in an MR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11sec in car vid rowing through gears in an MR

Well, I got my harness bar in and camera mounted. For some reason the first couple of runs didn't record so I only got my last one The last one was the worst too with a bunch of wheel hop even into 2nd gear. The track prep was aweful so I lowered my tire pressure down to 18psi. My camera shares my opinions on wheel hop and absolutely hated it. My best 60' was 1.8 which was this run. Other 2 of the three were 1.85. One of the RWD cars there (old school corrola) tubbed with slicks often cuts mid 1.4's and only hit mid 1.6's. What a waste of passes. At least nothing broke though.

I shifted through five gears although it is hard to tell with the camera freaking out. The first pop after it straightens out is third gear (pops cause it is a slower shift), fourth (no pop) and then fifth (pop again). All shifts were no lift.

I was trapping mid 97's again in the 1/8th. Somebody please make a different gearset for the MR as shifting to fifth sucks

Right click, save as...

Oh, the rattling you hear is the camera lens cover. I didn't realize it was hitting against the camera and making noise. Lesson learned.

Last edited by DragNRacing; Apr 9, 2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rock

Nice job today, Trevor!

I got footage of your last run at 11.5. Man, your car hauls and is damn loud! I tried looking for you when it was on the trailer, but couldn't find you. Fong told me your O2 sensor was broken?

Paulo
Old Apr 9, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Advanap1
Nice job today, Trevor!

I got footage of your last run at 11.5. Man, your car hauls and is damn loud! I tried looking for you when it was on the trailer, but couldn't find you. Fong told me your O2 sensor was broken?

Paulo
Hey Paulo,

Good seeing you today. Wish I would have gotten to hang out a little more though. How did you do? I never got to see you run. There are probably two reasons the car was so loud. The O2 sensor plug worked its way out somehow and I had a mini dump hole under the hood. Car would have probably ran a little better if it had been there. Everyone has told me that my rev limiter is pretty loud when it hits. I think one of my friends that had my video camera at Great Lakes about hit the ground thinking that somebody was shooting a gun, Lots of cars there today. I think they said over 400! Glad to see Fong broke into the 12's and my other friend ran his best ever of 11.2 @ 127.X with his 1G and a 3065. It was nice to be running faster than those three rockets. I guess it is hard to prep the track with that many cars and lots of them leaking crap. I wish they would crack down a little but it probably doesn't make financial sense for them to spend money on VHT and deny customers. You guys should come down to Iowa (www.tristateraceway.com) sometime. That track is the best I have ever been to. Hopefully, I can cut some 1.59's there like I did in my GSX.

Last edited by DragNRacing; Apr 9, 2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

The rock

I did horribly today. Two out of the three times I slid sideways at the lights. I lowered the tire pressure to 28 in front and 25 in the rear. The third time I hooked up, but still need more practice driving.

I was dropping the clutch today at 4500rpm. I was more successful last year slipping the clutch. I just felt like I was trying to launch in a huge puddle of water. I usually do better on fun days and worse on sport compact days.

They're talking about your insanely fast EVO on mnsportcompacts.net.

Good job and it's always a pleasure to see you rip it up!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

What is that noise when you shift the 3-4 I think it is, no lifting to shift?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Nicee.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:09 PM

I Got Videos!!! Paparazzi....

GOOD RUNS GUYS!!! Especially Drag!! You were one of the fastest one there. Defi the fastest Evo i've seen in person.

Advan- Your first run was really good. Wasn't it at 12.83? Then after that it got a little higher. ehehe.. If I remember correctly it was 14.3 and a 14.66... but that 12.8 was nice..

I got all you guys running on video. *Warratalon is gonna love these!* Since I sold my Evo, the day before Rock Falls , I had nothing to run so I was the camera man for my cousins (sti's) and caught you guys on video. My favorite run of the day was my buddy Evil_1's run against a 300zx TT. I also got the 2 blue evo's running their 14's.. one of them ran a 15.05.

http://media.putfile.com/Evil_1-versus-400-hp-300Z

Next up is DragNracing.. the star of the day.. I heard rumors taht they had to ban you from running because you were running faster than 11.5 without a roll cage. Was that true??

http://media.putfile.com/DragN

And finally Advan with the Evo RS.. (NICE RIMS by the way)

http://media.putfile.com/Advans-run
Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:20 PM

The links don't seem to be working.. the files are WMV files done through Windows Movie Maker.. here's the streetfire.net link

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...4D0750CD15.htm

Darn site takes too long to optimize the vid.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:26 PM

Here's Evil_1's run...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...FCD1CEC11B.htm
Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:36 PM

And Advan's run.. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...2A04F23828.htm
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleet
What is that noise when you shift the 3-4 I think it is, no lifting to shift?
Yeah, no lift shifting and hitting the rev limiter once. It did it in fifth too. Those gears are a bit slower due to the diagonal shift.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fellowx
Next up is DragNracing.. the star of the day.. I heard rumors taht they had to ban you from running because you were running faster than 11.5 without a roll cage. Was that true??
Just a little reminder
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ nice...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's some impressive shifting. I can't gather the courage to do that. I tried it once in my GVR4 and second was never the same.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Stuff from Rock Falls:

Congratulations Vassil on the 11.2! I knew your car would beat my pitiful 11.4 Anything to get away from the sad sad 1.88 60' times which seem good for Rock Falls, your car will hit a 10 with a few more passes.. I am confident. Not bad for parking lot mechanics! (Oh and it is a 3052 not a 3065 )

Too bad you couldn't make it Jake, you would have kept the DSM to Honda ratio down a little bit more.

The white "Buschur" powered Evo is Trevor's. He has ran faster at Great Lakes with the car... I believe an 11.45 @ 121 or thereabouts. Rock Falls just aint the best place for traction, at least on import days.

Also, good job for Josh for the first time at the track with a completely bone stock 1st gen w/ 120k miles with the 14.6 @ 93. Put a clutch, motor, turbo, fuel system, exhaust and an ECU and maybe you can make me more proud

Too bad JETs car wasnt running well. I would have liked to see it line up to Vassils powered by the puny snail.

Kinda disappointed in the Evo community that day also... whats with all the 14's??

Also, for the "tech" at the Rock was pretty funny. Vassils car (Running mid 11s all day) no one said anything to him until he dialed in his bracket to the 11.0-11.5 and then they asked him "Are you legal at that speed?". He has a full 10-point cage, no scatter shield, didnt remove his rear plastic to show the cut-off switch (Battery is in the trunk). Didnt ask about the driveshaft loop or scatter shield. All they did is peak inside and saw the cage and asked to see his helmet (Which I stole a certification from another helmet the night before). I love these tech inspections.

At Great Lakes when I ran my crappy 11.4 no one said anything about the cars level of safety.. when I got there they asked if I had nitrous. I said nope and they wrote a number on my car. Kinda makes me mad considering I added around 160lbs of weight or so for this safety crap.

Last edited by TrinaBabe; Apr 10, 2006 at 11:13 AM.