Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

TTP-Engineering stock turbo update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very nice runm congrats...its videos like these that make me want to keep the stock turbo...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good job Scott! amaizing what you are achieving with your stock turbo.

Carlos
Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003evo8
Shane who was the driver for the red RC HILL evo (Ride) quaified 2nd during that run and ran a 11.4 @ 119 at 25 psi on a gt35r. Scott were you using the achy spray !!!!!!!!!!! he also finished 3rd in the event so I think he did really, considering that wasn't his car it's the dealers car and he has only driven 2 times before that. so on a stock block and a bolt on turbo upgrade and ecu upgrade it did really well............
Qualifying times make no difference as there were two cars trapping 9's@140+ and one that traps 10.5@136. Qualifying is full of sandbaggers.

I tree'd him and the reason he was not eliminated was because it was a qualifying pass. In competition, he would have been eliminated as I crossed the traps first as indicated by the blue flashing light.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture071.flv

No I do not use alky. For that matter I have never used c16 either.

Give me that turbo and see what will happen.

Money is not the object keeping me in the stock turbo, it is races like these against much larger turbos that keep us at it.

That RS evidently put down 500+whp at CFT the night before the event.

While they were tuning, I was replacing a broken trans with no time for tuning and ran rich on both passes. It was more of a test and tune for us.

I understand that the shop that owns that car built your car, but lets please keep it civil.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Apr 10, 2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scott it is civil and every one has there people they prefer(shops) but i won't chose favorits, but you are saying you have no other additives on your car besides tunning. I thought you told me you use achy injections or some thing like that and a guy at the track and his son (red evo) that you did work on there car was set up achy and they said it is the same set up you have on your evo. Dont get me wrong you have a great car and you can drive the sh it out of it but you have some thing helping you.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

just watched the video, and you deffently got him on the tree, but it looks like his carbon clutch was slipping and when it heated up he caught right up to you, no excuses you won the race but like you said it was qualifing and people were working out the bugs in there cars...
Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just watched the video, and you deffently got him on the tree, but it looks like his carbon clutch was slipping and when it heated up he caught right up to you, no excuses you won the race but like you said it was qualifing and people were working out the bugs in there cars...
whats the problem? Scott beat him fair and square on the STOCK turbo period!!!! That red car has a huge turbo and a nice kit but then again, you have a stock turbo evo running sick 1/4 mile times w/o race fuel...Scott has nothing to hide.....
Old Apr 11, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

does anyone else sense a little bit of jealousy?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Scott,

Awesome times man Congrats .

Keep the Negativity out of this thread.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

2003evo8, what you will find is that Scott will always be nitpicky about things when you refer to his mods. You keep saying alky, but he runs methanol, so he will deny running alky, even though you and I know what you really mean...he's injecting a form a fluid that acts as a fuel while cooling the intake charge and allowing for mega boost and timing. Yes, Scott uses his own Meth Injection kit and runs 30+psi of boost according to his logs.

That's the part you're missing. Don't worry, he used to deny it when I said he had 402whp just because he really had 404whp...very nitpicky, haha.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

he is very nitpicky ... he turned my sister down because she hadn't waxed her mustache

Just saw that second video... Amazing how the other car started catching speed all of the sudden.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
30+psi of boost according to his logs.
26-28psi is the peak attainable in a drag application due to the V/E of the motor with 280/280 cams.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

I don't believe you are allowed to run Alcohol or methanol or any type of injection for that matter at these types of sanctioned events. Only the race gas of your choice. You may want to check the rules for that event, but that is my understanding.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joeymia
he is very nitpicky ... he turned my sister down because she hadn't waxed her mustache
LMFAO
Old Apr 12, 2006, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by joeymia

Just saw that second video... Amazing how the other car started catching speed all of the sudden.
You can hear him no lifting off the limiter with the carbon clutch and AEM,

My ACT and 1 pass old tranny did not want to try that until we raced the 900whp 240.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the time. I left the bikini contest just in time to catch you run.

Quick Reply: TTP-Engineering stock turbo update