Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

TTP-Engineering stock turbo update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Scotts car has 120+ potential in it!!
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Sick time! Any paticular reason you ditched the DLII?
Its actually opposite. The DLI II replaced the COP setup at least temporarily. There is another local sporting the setup currently that runs 12.02. That also should be an 11 sec car, with good driving.

IMO the COP will allow much larger plug gaps without misfiring. This is the kind of info we are testing. Max .028 gaps on DLI. I ran .032 on the COP setup with no misfires and probably could have gone wider.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003evo8
scott it is civil and every one has there people they prefer(shops) but i won't chose favorits, but you are saying you have no other additives on your car besides tunning. I thought you told me you use achy injections or some thing like that and a guy at the track and his son (red evo) that you did work on there car was set up achy and they said it is the same set up you have on your evo. Dont get me wrong you have a great car and you can drive the sh it out of it but you have some thing helping you.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Its actually opposite. The DLI II replaced the COP setup at least temporarily. There is another local sporting the setup currently that runs 12.02. That also should be an 11 sec car, with good driving.

IMO the COP will allow much larger plug gaps without misfiring. This is the kind of info we are testing. Max .028 gaps on DLI. I ran .032 on the COP setup with no misfires and probably could have gone wider.
Congrats on your times. The MSD COP setup sounds very interesting. Any idea when it might be available to the public?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoTio
Congrats on your times. The MSD COP setup sounds very interesting. Any idea when it might be available to the public?
The handmade prototype went to a lucky guy in Cocoa Beach.

The machine made protoype just came back, there were some slight adjustments we made to it and the machine shop is correcting it. I would estimate within the next two weeks they could be ready.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

The machine made protoype just came back, there were some slight adjustments we made to it and the machine shop is correcting it. I would estimate within the next two weeks they could be ready.
Wow this is great! Will it be a plug and play setup? Do you have any estimate of price?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I was looking into the DLII for a possible next mod thats why I asked. I plan to do methanol inejction as well, I figured an ignition uprgade would be in line!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Any news yet on the COP set up? Still interested.