Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Somethings wrong with my car ran horrible

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They're fine you mean? How do you know? You already removed the airbox and double-checked everything? This is the most likely culprit, so it would behoove you to do a thorough check, because if this isn't the reason, then you might have some engine damage.
Old May 21, 2006, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a cone filter no stock air box
Old May 21, 2006, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YoungEvolution
The previous owner was a doctor he had never had any type of boost controller on the car. He took great care of the car it only has 12000 miles on is he told me that the stock bov leaked so he bought the greddy. I took over his payments.
HERE IS THE PROBLEM, READ THIS.
More like the previous owner was the Doctor's son. Who begged his father for an evo for his 17th birthday. Well the father finially broke down and bought it for him. After that his son was the coolest guy at school, everyone asked for a ride in the morning. Well the kid didnt know too much about the car, but what he did know is that he wanted one of those things that makes the wooosh sound. After he worked for a couple of weeks he finially saved up for one, he opened the box and saw how shiney it was and he said to himself " oh yeah this is gonna get me laid".
Well he could not figure out how to install it because the instructions were in Japanese. So he called his friend Pete to help out. "Pete was really cool,he had a honda civic with spinners and a wing on the back". Not to mention Petes sister was really hot. So pete and his sister came over to help out. While pete was installing the shiney thing that makes a wooosh sound, the doctors son was in the laundry room with Pete's sister . She really liked his car and could not wait until she could hear the wooosh sound. Well a few months passed and he drove all over town making the woosh sound in his car. All the girls loved him. But a problem surfaced, Pete's sister was pregnant The doctors son tried to skip town but pete caught him at the local parking lot making wooosh sounds with his car. He saw pete coming and tried to drive off, Pete was chasing him in his civic, Pete was driving fast and he was furious. The doctors son tried to out run the civic but he couldnt. But at least he was making a cool wooshing sound. Pete caught up to him and ran him off the road, pulled him out and beat him senseless. Now the doctors son is crippled in the hospital, So the doctor sold the car to you......
Does that explain enough

Last edited by superscout03; May 21, 2006 at 04:29 AM.
Old May 21, 2006, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good story.. YOUNGevolution: get a boost gauge, 30 bux from autozone, at least it will give you a clue..
Originally Posted by superscout03
More like the previous owner was the Doctor's son. Who begged his father for an evo for his 17th birthday. Well the father finially broke down and bought it for him. After that his son was the coolest guy at school, everyone asked for a ride in the morning. Well the kid didnt know too much about the car, but what he did know is that he wanted one of those things that makes the wooosh sound. After he worked for a couple of weeks he finially saved up for one, he opened the box and saw how shiney it was and he said to himself " oh yeah this is gonna get me laid".
Well he could not figure out how to install it because the instructions were in Japanese. So he called his friend Pete to help out. "Pete was really cool,he had a honda civic with spinners and a wing on the back". Not to mention Petes sister was really hot. So pete and his sister came over to help out. While pete was installing the shiney thing that makes a wooosh sound, the doctors son was in the laundry room with Pete's sister . She really liked his car and could not wait until she could hear the wooosh sound. Well a few months passed and he drove all over town making the woosh sound in his car. All the girls loved him. But a problem surfaced, Pete's sister was pregnant The doctors son tried to skip town but pete caught him at the local parking lot making wooosh sounds with his car. He saw pete coming and tried to drive off, Pete was chasing him in his civic, Pete was driving fast and he was furious. The doctors son tried to out run the civic but he couldnt. But at least he was making a cool wooshing sound. Pete caught up to him and ran him off the road, pulled him out and beat him senseless. Now the doctors son is crippled in the hospital, So the doctor sold the car to you......
Does that explain enough
Old May 21, 2006, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by superscout03
Does that explain enough
I'm not one to usual post this kind of response....but I can honestly say that this post caused me to laugh out loud (for the first time on Evom)....and my damn Captain Crunch came out my nose.
for you
Old May 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

you dont have the stock airbox and your not tuned..... this will not make your car run any faster but even then you shouldnt be running 15's with 1.8 60 ft times. Its probably the combination of your untuned ecu with an air filter and a leak somewhere. I agree with Warrtalon get a boost gauge so you can see whats up, good luck.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all of your replys im going to get one today. I do live in a small town full of bodykits and spoilers so its possible for the story to be true ill let you how it goes.
Old May 21, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think it might be a combination of alot of things.

1. Not knowing what your boost is doing.
2. is the BOV vta or rec.?
3. no tune
4. are there any codes?
5. boost leaks?
6. hows the motor? compression, spark plugs, clutch, etc

There are so many things that it could be on a car that you didnt mod yourself that you really should do some serious checking before you drive to much.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

the bov is rec. theres no cat. Im going to do a check at my friends shop. He has the same mods except the bov and never had and problems.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

he's giving me his boost gauge for awhile because he is install a new clutch.

Last edited by YoungEvolution; May 21, 2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

You might want to check the motor out better too. Do a compression check and pull the plugs. Hows the clutch? Have you noticed it slipping?
Old May 22, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

theres no slipping i put the stock airbox on and its ran alot better the filter wasnt even screwed into the bottom. Got the boost gauge vac. around 19 and near redline about 15 psi seems to be runing alot better.
Old May 22, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

So your saying that your car is peaking at 15psi or hitting 15psi at redline? Either way you should just be worried about peak psi, should be 21-22psi max.
Old May 22, 2006, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

15-16 at redline around 18-19 peak
Old May 23, 2006, 01:45 PM

thats normal.

Quick Reply: Somethings wrong with my car ran horrible