Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Geting To The 11`s or low 12`s ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are banners at the top of every page, check those guys out or look in the vendors forums.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by EVOLVEU
MBC=manual boost controller-$70 to $80
TBE=turboback exhaust- $500-$900
CAMS=camshafts(hks, buddyclub,compcam,etc.)- $500-$800
Tune=custom tuning- $450-$550

next time before you ask, try the search feature. dont worry, that ones a freebie
lol thank you but you didnt list the DSMlink what is it and whats the price?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/registry/times.php

A good driver makes for better times than lots of power. Search the registry above. Do a few base drag runs, start modding - do more runs. Eventually you could get down in the low 12s, high 11s.

And search EcuFLash and EcuScan.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Hahaha...this is SO TYPICAL of EvoM. How many completely different answers to a simple question can there be?

It is possible to run 11.9x with a 16G. MUCH easier with the 6.5TME turbo, but possible with the 10.5cm stock 16G. I dont know if the 9.8 turbo will do it.

You will definitely need exhaust. Turbo back makes a much larger difference than cat back. Upgrading the DP makes a lot of power.

You do not need anything for the intake side. not even a drop in filter. Although it will help a little.

You will need a tune. SAFC, Xede, Flash...something. I recommend Vishnu, but that is only my opinion.

You will need some flavor of boost control. MBC, Xede, EBC, whatever. Do NOT run over 22 psi on 93 octane unless you want a baked motor. store bought "octane booster" will do NOTHING to prevent this.

You will probably need to run race gas or alky.

You will NOT need: Big turbo, cams, nitrous, standalone ECU, etc...but they will all help.

You will need to be a hell of a driver...and you will probably toast your clutch in this effort. Happy motoring!
Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Evillusion
Hahaha...this is SO TYPICAL of EvoM. How many completely different answers to a simple question can there be?

It is possible to run 11.9x with a 16G. MUCH easier with the 6.5TME turbo, but possible with the 10.5cm stock 16G. I dont know if the 9.8 turbo will do it.

You will definitely need exhaust. Turbo back makes a much larger difference than cat back. Upgrading the DP makes a lot of power.

You do not need anything for the intake side. not even a drop in filter. Although it will help a little.

You will need a tune. SAFC, Xede, Flash...something. I recommend Vishnu, but that is only my opinion.

You will need some flavor of boost control. MBC, Xede, EBC, whatever. Do NOT run over 22 psi on 93 octane unless you want a baked motor. store bought "octane booster" will do NOTHING to prevent this.

You will probably need to run race gas or alky.

You will NOT need: Big turbo, cams, nitrous, standalone ECU, etc...but they will all help.

You will need to be a hell of a driver...and you will probably toast your clutch in this effort. Happy motoring!
just want to say YOUR THE MAN! this is the break down i was looking for thank you so much for your help. i new the car would hit low 12`s without all the other stuff. i just wanted to know a few diffrent set up`s i can use to get there. im looking for the easyest and cheapest way of doing this. thank you again for the help.

i have 1 last question.
what do you all think about that GT35R that on ebay for like 1300.00 any good or should i stay away from it. im looking into the gt35r cause it cheap and alot of people are making unreal 1/4 time with 8,9 sec passes from the vids i seen.

Thanks All,
Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

GT35R is a great turbo if you buy it with all the necessary parts. You also need to upgrade the fuel system and get some kind of engine management to see the full potential of that turbo. Also make sure it is a name brand kit, not some ebay junk. Personally something that critital I would not shy away from a good name such as Buschur Racing, AMS, Slowboy Racing....etc. A car is usually not build overnight. Start small and build up, you won't be dissapointed.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Just remember, these are not just stock evos with a GT35R on and running 9's. When you make a certain amount of power you're going to have to worry about the reliability of your engine/trans/etc.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

well put
Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Stage 4 + alky and suck at driving like me
Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:10 PM
Account Disabled

My sig minus the nitrous has gotten me numerous 12.0s but the stock clutch was slipping a little so soon enough will see what the car can do on the spray and a good clutch...